will i be able to kill indiscriminately?

it's a good way to let off some steam after a hard days work, you know, eradicate a town or two.

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

That was one of the most annoying things in KotOR, that the game and not you picks who you can annd can't kill.

Version 2 will be the same.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

I wonder if devs can answer that question now the game has been announced. I don't think MCA and others would much like their own game to do that, even if they mutilate their own talents by sticking to LS/DS.

Well look. The devs have really little excuse for not making KOTOR 2 VERY good. If that means hiring 5 more guys to work on world design then do it. Becasue the engine is already up, all they have to do is put in the code, and do the designs.

/agree

also...

That was one of the most annoying things in KotOR, that the game and not you picks who you can annd can't kill.

Version 2 will be the same.

are u sure about that i mean they could add one ... more option to have the attack ability just like in NWN . well if they do that then my friend will also play the game (and kill everyone in it lol)

Well look. The devs have really little excuse for not making KOTOR 2 VERY good. If that means hiring 5 more guys to work on world design then do it. Becasue the engine is already up, all they have to do is put in the code, and do the designs.

Sounds like some people around here knows very little about what's involved in software development (probably including video games development)... :p

Not to mention the price for 5 developers for even a few months :p

Even junior programmers don't come cheap, since they usually need some supervision and direction. :lol:

Somehow, I would rather they stick to a plan already in progress and deliver a decent product in feb. 2005 ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Pfeh... i think it was figure of speech, gorth. No need to flaunt your expertise. :lol:

Personally I think such things are certainly possible with the kind of team Obsidian has for KOTOR2 already.

Pfeh... i think it was figure of speech, gorth. No need to flaunt your expertise. :lol:

Personally I think such things are certainly possible with the kind of team Obsidian has for KOTOR2 already.

Definitely. I'm just an old cynic. All that youthfull exuberance needs to get stomped regularly. Otherwise, they'll just end up as optimists :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hmm, I don't care much for the ability to go around and kill bystanders and hobos.

Would I want more options to pick a fight? Yes.

Would I want the ability to press "attack" and severly unbalance things, breaking quests and stuff, forcing the implementation of "Artemis"-esque characters, as seen in BG2? Not really...

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I agree with the initial, post it was ridiculous not being able to go on my galactic killing spree.

Honestly, I SOOOOOO wanted to butcher those annoying Selketh.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

I agree with the initial, post it was ridiculous not being able to go on my galactic killing spree.

Pfff... bring your fishing rod next time.

Me too, I love the line you get when they try to arrest you and you say something like "You'll never take me alive" but you dont get to kill them. I'm sure I could have taken them all easily (as I'm sure most of you could too)! :angry:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Me too, I love the line you get when they try to arrest you and you say something like "You'll never take me alive" but you dont get to kill them.

That scene was a waste of time. What's the point in adding that line if you don't get to fight them? No matter what you say the outcome is the same.

Pfft, fishing rods are so primitive, everyone I know uses high explosives.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Guest ADMINHYDROGENSUCKS

same issues same problems, KOTOR 2 should be a little better, they need xbox out first tho

Pfft, fishing rods are so primitive, everyone I know uses high explosives.

Sign on door: "Gone Selkrath fishing" (with depth charges) B)

I agree that you should be able to kill random passersby. In KoToR I should have been able to kill that sith guard rather than give him papers. There were several other instances where it was instant death if you didn't follow the story. We are not talking about major events for most. Little changes like that would be nice. I didn't mind not being able to kill Malak the first time as there was a major story reason for it.

Killing everyone(or most everyone) should be fairly simple. For all of Bioware saying this has nothing to do with the NW engine it seems to be structured much the same. In the place able toolset the devs are using I'm willing to bet it has the same off/on check that NW did.

and while we're talking about carnage, last Friday i was thinking to myself; "this doesn't bode well I should probaly go short" well did I? no i ****ing did not

you know what they say; "buy when there's blood in the streets" but it doesn't work when it's your own blood coming out of every orifice of your body

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

Guest Darth Banooby7

It would be more of a temptation if you could everyone like if you were a real jedi. It would take more to stay on the light path.