You played BG and think this is overpowered? You seen my post about turning dragons into squirrel and beating in about 3 mins playing solo BG. In these kind of games there are powerful mechanics. That is how it works. I do not know what you problem is. If you do not like it, do not use it. And if you cant win fight any other way but using these powerful mechanics, well, what to say? L2P

Edited by knownastherat
  • Like 1

You played BG and think this is overpowered? You seen my post about turning dragons into squirrel and beating in about 3 mins playing solo BG. In these kind of games there are powerful mechanics. That is how it works. I do not know what you problem is. If you do not like it, do not use it. And if you cant win fight any other way but using these powerful mechanics, well, what to say? L2P

BG is 17 years old. I played it as an early teen when it came out. It was a great era for RPG´s, but they weren´t exactly known for their balance.

But these are different times, with different expectations.

What exatly am I supposed to learn? I am already skipping the fence, I am already cheesing as much as possible. But beating the most difficult encounters in the game is less appealing than discussing the overall health and balance of the game.

Because the responsibility of self-restraint should not be placed on the player. Why do you think we have balance changes with patches, even in singleplayer games?

So your musings serve as nothing but childish outbursts really. I think we´re done here.

Edited by cavemandiary

Outburst? Yeah, I am on fire ;)

You are indeed free to ask for any changes to the game you like. That is your right. If you however post it here it is my right to post my thoughts. Self-restraint is mechanic for adults.

I´m an adult min/maxer. First world problems :devil:

That is the thing that you, OP and quite a few others think this, and other mechanics in the game, is cheating. It is not. Its legitimate. That is why you are newbies.

Legitimate, ofcourse, seeing how one does not need to enter any cheat codes to accomplish the Adra Dragon's quick death.

But I do wonder if the developers intended it because it turns a nearly impossible fight into a joke. I've seen xaurips die slower.

I dunno why you had to say we're newbies. It's quite obvious anyone playing a newly released game is a newbie.

Edited by Gotcha!

I found it more disturburbung if the adra dragon suddenly was immune to traps or a fxed number of spell effects.

This breaks immersion.

Like Dragons in Skyrim which for no other reason than "BALANCE" were immune to every single spell and effect the illusion school had to offer. LOL.

The only way is to ask them. Everything else is speculation and there is no reason to believe, except the "feelings" you have, that it does not work as intended. That is why I constantly mention other IE game where powerful mechanics are part of the game and that is why I mention newbies. There is nothing wrong with newbies except they are not aware of context. If it does not work as intended, go to Bugs and report. If you think its OP suggest change. What do you want to hear I dunno.

I found that Petrify is OP!

cool story bro

Edited by knownastherat