1.04 Patch Beta Live on Steam

BAdler

Question

Hey, everyone. The 1.04 patch beta is live on Steam. If you are unsure of how to join the beta, here are some instructions for you.

You can find the 1.04 patch notes here.

Here are some current known issues that are specific to the patch:

• Unable to pan the camera using arrow keys or mouse scrolling while the game is paused. This issue is fixed on our side, but the current patch will not have those changes.
  • Patch isn't listed as 1.04. It still says 1.03.

We will add to this list as more items are reported and verified.

Thanks, everybody.

• Like 5

23 answers to this question

No, it's what we would intend to drop for the main game itself, so you should be able to continue your current game. Thanks!

Just for safety sake, you may want to make a backup of your current saves, which you can find here: https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-175-location-of-save-games/

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Ok, I'm not sure if this is a known bug/ supposed to be addressed in this patch or not, but cipher AoE radius bonuses from Int still aren't displaying correctly (or rather at all). There is a workaround thoug if you right-click the power's description first. 

Screenshots from the current beta to show what I'm talking about:

http://imgur.com/hglJnuS

http://imgur.com/hglJnuS,enyoMIJ#1

Same character, same scene, same fight, same power (eyestrike). 19 int. Only difference is that in the second screenie I had right-clicked on Eyestrike to "force" the game to recognize the bonus radius. 

2nd apparent bug: new games created on Path of the Damned difficulty in this beta branch patch don't appear to have the full complement of nasties. Reloading an old save from a different path of the damned game, the final encounter at the starting encampment has like 4 or 5 baddies. Starting a new "path of the damned" game though, that fight has only two enemies. 

movement speed with some characters while stealthed seems to be off. For example, everyone used to move around the same pace (outside of my rogue, boots +speed) now eveyone (except rogue, they seem to be going even faster), but my Priest moves at the same pace. Priest moves very slowly while stealthed, 4th spot in my party if that  helps at all.

With the beta patch installed, Kana's chant counter never seemed to climb above 1 when fighting in the sanitarium. When battle ended, it would drop back to 0... then when battle started again, it would climb back up to one but no further.

Can't scroll through maps with mouse while paused.

Same thing here, autopause kicks in and suddenly I can't move the screen.

Furthermore, the loading time of savegames increased, without the betapatch it ws about 15-30s, now it's around 2 minutes!

I also noticed a massive delay now when I want to open up the inventory. Switching between the characters in the inventory view is painfully slow, it takes up to 10 sec to switch between them!

Edited by PsiDraconis

I also noticed a massive delay now when I want to open up the inventory. Switching between the characters in the inventory view is painfully slow, it takes up to 10 sec to switch between them!

You seem to be having the "Hamachi bug" where having another active virtual network adapter enabled is causing asset loading to become extremely slow in the Unity engine. This is known and we are working with Unity to find a suitable fix for a future patch. In the mean time, go to your Network Adapters and disable any that are being used for virtual networks (Hamachi, etc.).

Thanks,

Roby

Twitter: @robyatadero

You seem to be having the "Hamachi bug" where having another active virtual network adapter enabled is causing asset loading to become extremely slow in the Unity engine. This is known and we are working with Unity to find a suitable fix for a future patch. In the mean time, go to your Network Adapters and disable any that are being used for virtual networks (Hamachi, etc.).

Thanks,

Roby

Thanks for the reply, this solved the problem! I turned it off a while ago, but it was turned on after I rebooted.

I had an event that "Nyry the Deft Hand" appeared at my stronghold. I got rid of him by killing him myself. 24h later he reappeared with the same event.

I had the same thing happen with The Dread Pirate Roberts.

Edit: It is really complicating my efforts to manipulate Guilder into a war.

Edited by Emptiness

Hey, everyone. We were just about to push the patch live and we got a report from a user about stacking health. We have not been able to reproduce the issue on our side, but we are double checking to make sure that we don't introduce this patch live if it has this serious issue.

We have just pushed the latest 1.04 beta patch live to all Steam users. 540 is the official 1.04 build. We will be sending out a backer update later today or tomorrow to announce it.

Thanks for all of your help in testing. We hope to get a 1.05 beta patch live in a couple of weeks.

There is an update required, I assume this patch (since I played two days ago without). The download fails on Steam. Message as follows "An error occurred while updating Pillars of Eternity (corrupt content files)". I'll have to also look at the Steam support site now. Game won't even open to play because it wants an update. Is this because I had to do the workaround for Never Far From the Queen? 

Steam just leads me back here. 

Help, pretty please? 

Edited by Cyradis314