Patch Betas on Steam

Beta testing will probably be possible in the future when GoG Galaxy is released.

Right now its still in alpha.

http://www.gog.com/galaxy

I am part of the closed alpha. It is not implemented yet, but choosing and rolling back to an earlier version of games will be part of Galaxy's capabilities. Beta patches should be easy to implement using that same feature, once it is finished and added to the client. Might not help now, but at least there is hope for the future.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So I know latest beta patch is live on Steam, but for some reason I can't opt in. When I select Beta tab under Properties, there is no option in the scroll down menu for beta patch. I have both the base game and expansion pass on my account, if that is of any help. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I'm really looking forward to all the things in Updated 3.0.

So I know latest beta patch is live on Steam, but for some reason I can't opt in. When I select Beta tab under Properties, there is no option in the scroll down menu for beta patch. I have both the base game and expansion pass on my account, if that is of any help. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I'm really looking forward to all the things in Updated 3.0.

You probably need to input the beta password, which I believe is "betapassword" (no quote marks). Could be wrong so if that doesn't work search the forum.

Enter in the code "BETAPASSWORD" (remove quotes) and click on the Check Code button.

pe-beta-check-code.jpg

Enter the beta code, click the check button and then you can select it.

I was playing it a few minutes ago.

Nice buff to Fulvano's Gloves (+2 Dex) which were otherwise a bit naff.

I have proven to myself that I have absolutely no interest in a barbarian as main character so I'm actually on my second run with the 3.0 beta.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all.

I'm not sure that this is right topic for this, but... I'm novice here)

I just want to have someone of the developers saw this offer. Or beta-testers, who thinks the same way and can wright it in right topic.

There is one disgusting thing in POE - immunities against some damage types, likes ice blight crush imm.

I can understand how it should works, but... this is illogical.

"K., Optimus, you can crush down any decepticon you see, but if you see... small crystal snowballs... run away or take your sword, 'cause even if you jump on him with the whole weight of your full metal body, you will NOT do any damage to it, 'case... you know, it has "immunity""

What you think about to change "damage immunities" to "strongest Damage Reduction"

For example, blights have 30(40, 45, 50) Ice and Crush Damage Reduction now.

Ardra Dragon(Throw her On the Sun - will she live?) has 50 Burn DR, etc.

So now you need to activate all your buffs and debaffs to make your attacs usefull. (instead of all others))

I see it more... tactical and realistic .

• 4 months later...
Limitations

• Right now we are only running this beta on Steam. The reason is that Steam provides a simple way to get folks into the beta. If any players know of any games that ran betas on GOG, please let me know so I can investigate.

Hi  volks,

this is my 1st post and my english is not perfect.

Last week I installed gog galaxy app on my pc and I found an option called "BETA CHANNELS" under the dlc section and just like steam you can choose between "DEFAULT" or "PRIVATE CHANNELS" with password.

i hope this is what you were looking for.

Limitations

• Right now we are only running this beta on Steam. The reason is that Steam provides a simple way to get folks into the beta. If any players know of any games that ran betas on GOG, please let me know so I can investigate.

Hi  volks,

this is my 1st post and my english is not perfect.

Last week I installed gog galaxy app on my pc and I found an option called "BETA CHANNELS" under the dlc section and just like steam you can choose between "DEFAULT" or "PRIVATE CHANNELS" with password.

i hope this is what you were looking for.

No mate, that's not. For some reason GoG do not provide us with the luxury of Betas.

Actually that is why lots of people can't wait for official patch release.

There is one disgusting thing in POE - immunities against some damage types, likes ice blight crush imm.

I can understand how it should works, but... this is illogical.

"K., Optimus, you can crush down any decepticon you see, but if you see... small crystal snowballs... run away or take your sword, 'cause even if you jump on him with the whole weight of your full metal body, you will NOT do any damage to it, 'case... you know, it has "immunity""

What you think about to change "damage immunities" to "strongest Damage Reduction"

For example, blights have 30(40, 45, 50) Ice and Crush Damage Reduction now.

Ardra Dragon(Throw her On the Sun - will she live?) has 50 Burn DR, etc.

So now you need to activate all your buffs and debaffs to make your attacs usefull. (instead of all others))

I see it more... tactical and realistic .

How about [hypothetically] a fire elemental being attacked with fire.  One might assume that they are naturally immune to fire; a more devious dev [my favorite kind] might go one step further and have fire based damage actually heal the elemental.  Of course the same goes for Cold based damage to ice elementals; while presumably ~hopefully~ cold based attacks do extra damage to fire elementals.

Then consider an Iron Golem... A creature of (mostly solid?) iron... Would beating on it with a stick do any harm?  That'd be like beating on a tank with a baseball bat; should be immune.

One could extrapolate (in the fantasy setting) some vile swamp creature is totally immune to poisons, or even that a fantasy monk could be totally immune to untrained fist & foot attacks ~so long as they were unrestrained and able to defend themselves.

Immunity IS a tactical hardship that must be dealt with... same as being outnumbered, or outmatched.  Some fights you run from. 

** My problem with POE is the campfire kit/ rest mechanic... totally unrealistic, and problematic. My own party has been trapped in a deserted cave for [RL] months. They are utterly depleted and unable to rest; unable to proceed past the next monstrous threat further down, and unable to return further up to the Keep to rest. This is because there is a special/text encounter that allows the party to bypass (in my case, an unknown) monster ambush ~but not return back the way they came... and so it is (in this case) impossible to return to the surface without immediately dying due to the forced ambush being the only way out.

The camping equipment could [iMO should] be considered for comfort, offering full recovery; where the lack of it could indicate a hard and uncomfortable rest, (offering less than ideal recovery).

I think I far preferred the method of rest in 'Realms of Arkania' over PoE.

I came into the thread hoping to find out if the ambush problem [mentioned above] had been fixed, or had a solution known; other than losing a vast amount of game progress to revert the save.

Edited by Gizmo

• Shyla unpinned this topic