Hostile Caed Nua Guards

Firnwind

Question

In the first attack on Caed Nua I also hit some of my own hired guards with spells and they got hostile. So far so bad, I naturally killed them all and went on. But now I have the problem that, whenever I visit Caed Nua all of my hired guards outside the buildings are hostile and attack on sight.

I fired all guards, left the keep, hired new ones but the problem persists which make any visit to Caed Nua very tiresome ... is there any way to reset this or do something about it?

7 answers to this question

I seem to recall a post a while back that reported something similar, but I don't know if it was resolved/what the problem might have been.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm having a very similar issue.

So far I've been attacked 2 times and in both cases I've went back to the keep to defend it myself. After pressing the "manual resolve" and zoning to the main hall, the hired guards become hostile and I had to kill everyone (or the encounter wouldn't end).

They aren't hostile outside of the event, but the Valian Shockmage is always hostile - I can't hire him anymore because he will always attack me when I enter main hall (that's his post I guess).

Guards are cheap etc. but it's a really dumb bug.

I get this too, although they have only been hostile during attacks. I wonder if it is related to the bug that gives the guard a permanent unpaid status in spite of them being autopaid on time? I have stopped hiring guards now.

Only time I autoresolved an attack my mainkeep and the southern wall was destroyed so I tend to take an active interest now.

I can confirm a similar behaviour.

After clicking manual resolve I warp to the main hall.

After hiring some guards I wondered, why the bandits looked toward the "training center right of the main entrance " (- sorry I have to improvise, because i play in german) and ignored my party. checking with TAB I only got enemies shown. After a bit of reading I recognized that 2 of the "enemies" where my 2 hired guards.

I took care of not hitting my guards. After destroying the _real_ enemies, there came a cutscene after that my guards where friendly and did their jobs. But  because of the cutscene, I got no chance to loot the bandits.

Oh, I've got one better for you. During a fight i used a charm spell that turned some of the enemies friendly for me, but not for the hirelings, apparently. They took it really personally, so much that they attacked me instead. Naturally I killed them for their insubordination. But even that was not enough, since afterwards when I would visit the stronghold grounds their ghosts would try to enact their revenge on me, as in I would suddenly go into combat and get a message that I was attacked by something-something while there was nothing there.

• Like 1