Why won't blood pool let me sacrifice a non-story character?

Intended.

If it allowed you to sacrifice custom companions, they simply could've replaced it with "put 200 copper here".

Edited by Varana
  • Like 9

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Man, I remember sacrificing all of the NPC companions in Storm of Zehir to One of Many. The best way to do it was to sacrifice one NPC companion at a time, because if you had two in the party, what would happen was that the other NPC would get some of the sacrificial XP (I played with a full four-PC party + 2 NPCs). It was quite a slog traveling back and forth to the nearest inn and then back to One of Many, but it gave your PC party a massive XP boost.

Of course, once you sacrifice the last NPC companion to him/her/it, One of Many attacks you. Considering your numerical advantage (four PCs) plus your massive bonus XP, he should be a piece of cake. If you played on Hard (friendly fire on, enemies deal full damage, PCs can die, etc.), you'd get a really nice crown as loot when you kill him. Her. It. Whatever One of Many is.

But what really made it hilarious was when Volo starts talking about the happy endings of your NPC companions, and you can actually Intimidate him into changing the ending. Volo then asks you what really happened, and the ending montage actually restarts and changes based on your responses. One such option is, "I fed them all of One of Many."

• Like 4

Intended.

If it allowed you to sacrifice custom companions, they simply could've replaced it with "put 200 copper here".

That's silly. For that additional minor 2 stats boost, it should have been that 200 coppers NPC! Hopefully someone makes a mod to protest this! (Cruel 1)

Fridge Brilliance: It has to be a sacrifice. That implies the giving up of something of value, and they know that you don't value that companion Bearprovider 4.

However, nobody ever promised the sacrifice was worth it.

In Neverwinter Nights 2, you had the option of dealing with Mephasm, a rather mild-mannered fiend. You can try the following:

1. "Can I sell Grobnar's soul (the annoying gnome bard)?" "No, because your willingness to sacrifice him means that he means nothing to you." "Drat." Shift towards evil and you lose influence with Grobnar.

2." Can I sell my soul?" "Tempting, but (Mephasm makes up an excuse not to take your soul)." You do get a massive shift to Chaotic, and you lose a ton of influence with Ammon Jerro.

3. Give Mephasm a weapon that you've used for several levels = Mephasm gives you something I can't remember.

4. Craft a wondrous item that doesn't do anything = Mephasm gives you a slotless item that buffs a specific stat (simply having it in your inventory gives you the bonus).

For #3, chances are if you've relied on that weapon for several levels, you've come to value it both in-character and out-of-character because it's useful, powerful, or both, making it a real sacrifice for you and your character. For #4, the fact that you're willingly crafting a wondrous item for the sake of dealing with the devil means something (you sacrificed rare crafting materials, gold, and XP for it).

Depends on the NPC offered...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I looked it up:

Aloth: +1 Int, +5 Reflex.

Eder: +1 Mgt, +5 Deflection.

Durance: +1 Con, +5% Max Stamina.

Grieving Mother: +1 Resolve, +5 Resist Affliction.

Hiravias: +1 Dex, +1 Damage Threshold.

Sagani: +1 Perception, +2 Bonus Accuracy on same enemy.

Kana: +1 Int, +5 Resist Affliction.

Pallegina: +1 Resolve, +1 Damage Threshold

Doesn't seem worth it at all, tbh. To be honest they should tweak it to make it more tempting.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Doesn't seem worth it at all, tbh. To be honest they should tweak it to make it more tempting.

I dunno, I'd have totally got rid of Sagani as punishment for her bobbins attribute choices even for such a small reward... Unfortunately everyone in my party at that moment I wanted to keep, and I couldn't be bothered going back to pick up a victim...

I looked it up:

Aloth: +1 Int, +5 Reflex.

Eder: +1 Mgt, +5 Deflection.

Durance: +1 Con, +5% Max Stamina.

Grieving Mother: +1 Resolve, +5 Resist Affliction.

Hiravias: +1 Dex, +1 Damage Threshold.

Sagani: +1 Perception, +2 Bonus Accuracy on same enemy.

Kana: +1 Int, +5 Resist Affliction.

Pallegina: +1 Resolve, +1 Damage Threshold

Yeah, the only really good one is Eder, and hell if I'm sacrificing him.

"I'm gonna pet him." lol

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Can you sacrifice all of them to the blood pool?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

haven't gotten here yet, is this just a prick a finger for blood sacrifice, or do I yield one of my npc's for a permanent stat gain?

You kill the companion for real, for a permanent stat gain.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

^^ dang, that is a bit excessive for a minor buff!

But better than actually keeping the companion around. So... win-win.

Given how crap the companions are, sacrificing a tavern-generated companion would actually be a real sacrifice in comparison.

• 2 months later...

^You have to do it first time - can't go back later

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

No it isn't. I only tried to sacrifice one of my henchmen and made the same discovery as the OP. Doesn't work. I never could bring myself to sacrifice one of the story characters.