Missing Talents (Post 1.03) consenquences

Khalid the bear

Question

about half of my party hasnt its talents listed completly (some have 3,4 or 5 talents listed on lvl 12) i asumme this is leftover from dubleclicking bug

1) at leasts some of those talens are calculated in though they arent listed on character sheet  (example sword and shield talent tested with deequipiipng and equipping a shield and seing the right bonuses to deflection and reflex) but i cant confirm that that is the case with all talents*(point 3)

2) but conequence of them not being shown on character sheet is that the game offers you to take them agan(second time)- i have tested what outcome of double taking the same talent is with weapon and shield style is and it stacks (aditional +6 to deflection and reflex) but again dont know what general behaviour is  (do they stack bein OP, or do they owerlap, having wasted a talent)

3) im pretty sure i took wildstrike burn with Hiravias, and later shock and greater shock, but only shock dmg is calculated (i asumme wildstrike 'element' talents are mutualy exclusivew maybe)
but i cannot confirm as i dont have old enough save wherebefore i took shock and not all the talents are listed (aditional testing by other members of comunity afflicted by the bug would be welcome)

in conclusion when fixing this bug it would be necesary to check if a character has taken same talent twice or mutualy exclusive talents, remove what is extra and offer the player te option to take a replacement talent

PS: i also found than in my playtrough and one of my friends Eder has one talent to much compared to what he shoud have due to talent progression (when i took hem he was lewel 3) but again i have no means of testing how/when that happens until my second playtrough
** on my friends other playtrough eder was picked up at level 2 and has correct number of talents

i will upload my save file if neccesary

***full disclosure i have only a save after i respected Edar with IE mod and given him back an extra talent, and earlier in the game i used this method (pre patch) of manualy correcting defences resulting from stacking bug and testing was done after that, but bug was present before of both tinkerings, and to my understanding of both metods they shouldnt have affected the bug or testing in any way (i didnt modify Hirvais in any way with ether method, and he vas used for testing) and the bug is persisting with or without mod

DxDiag.txt

output_log_Superior Defence stacking.txt

output_log_weapon_and_shield_stacking.txt

post-151623-0-05999900-1428598654_thumb.jpg

post-151623-0-94573400-1428598656_thumb.jpg

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

9 answers to this question

techincal:

current version 1.0.3.0524

save game is with Hiravias having enough xp for level 12 but before leveling him up (talents im sure i took but not showing up weapon and shield & superior deflection(which is shown in active effects but not in talents, and is therefore available to select it for the second time and apears 2 times in active effects if selected second time(*** happened 5 of the 7 tests, other two times it overlaped)

but its to big to upload (4.92 MB)

characters afflicted:
main (ranger)- 5 talents show two of which are story given (second skin from knights, and gift from machine)- expected 6+2

Durance- 4 talens shown

Hiravais-3 talents shown (test subject)

attached output logs and screenshots for both superior defense and weapon and shield talents

any input where to upload savegame apreciated, as well any additional testings of the bug (especialy from someone who hasnt tinlkered with their save)

DxDiag.txt

output_log_Superior Defence stacking.txt

output_log_weapon_and_shield_stacking.txt

post-151623-0-94205300-1428598865_thumb.jpg

post-151623-0-41571000-1428598985_thumb.jpg

Edited by Khalid the bear

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

More screenshots 1

post-151623-0-21423800-1428599058_thumb.jpg

post-151623-0-94026900-1428599073_thumb.jpg

more thumbnails 2

post-151623-0-45010200-1428599217_thumb.jpg

Bump. Anyone who hasnt tinkered with their savegames (cheat engine/iemod/console commands) that has this bug willing to test for conistency?

also my savegame here

as i said the bug was present before mods, but i dont have any saves, before mods to test the stacking/owerlaping result

*full disclosure i have only a save after i respected Edar with IE mod and given him back an extra talent, and earlier in the game i used this method

this was meant for the save file i uploaded

bug was present before modding and before and after the patch

so this is not mod related isue. i just dont have unmodded save to attach
(i noticed the isue around level 6, characters in the save are level 12)

and the only reason i dont have older saves is that the game (atleast on my machine) doesnt handle well a lot of savegames, ie when starting the game i have to wait for the game to 'load saves' so when that started to happen i started keeping numbers of my savest low

If mods realy do object and find it neccesary im willing to  do uninstal, fresh install without patch(and without mods) and try to replicate the bug ona a new 'clean' game, then aply the patctch and do the testing. and  submit that save

if that tessting debunks my findings, then im all for closing this topic

but im sure there are people out there with 'clean' saves out there who can contribute their saves for testing if my save isnt viable