So I want to enchant Hold Wall, need more Pilgrims crown...

I am about to descend into the catacombs in Coppperlane. I have the mats and the money but I am out of Pilgrims Crown. Is there a place where I can find some and does it 'grow back' from areas I previously visited? I have not yet built the apothecary at Caed Nua yet. I need 2 Pilgrims Crown to 'fine up' the Arbalest for my ranged rogue.

Any advice is welcome!

Edited by Larsenex

Oh and Hold Wall's +20% attack rate apparently doesn't work. Try testing it out with a normal Arbalest and both should have the same attack speed and recovery. I haven't tested it myself but I've seen numerous posts about it.

actually the very very best way to get plants is to build the botanic gardens at your keep.  your keep chest will fill with plants very quickly.  same for buildign the curio shop; you'll get quite a few parts on a regular basis.

I've found the chest to be the only reliable way to get vithak brains and drycap, and best of all...  they're free!

Rush to act 3. Twin Elms merchant sells Pilgrims.

There are traders that sell various craft ingredients:

Gift - Trade company - monsters parts

Gift - black market (gems)

Dryfall village - parts/plants?

Copperlane - plants?

None of those sell Pilgrims Crown. 

Copperlane - plants?

But in a3 you can buy exceptional and even superb weapons. By then it is probably redundant.

• Like 1

Copperlane - plants?

But in a3 you can buy exceptional and even superb weapons. By then it is probably redundant.

You can buy exceptional weapons in Defiance bay at lvl 3.....

If you rush to act 3 odds are you won't have enough money to buy everything and throwing a fine enchant on something is still useful until you can afford what you want. 

Yea i have about 1300 and was saving till I get the Crowns for the Fine Enchant. My Cypher is lvl 5 with most of the party as well. I am just now going to descend into the catacombs. 

What is this I hear about Ogres being impossible and bug swarms killing me before I get to the target?>>> 

Plants also grow back. I've been very thorough in looting every place dry as I passed through them.

Near the end of my game I decided to go after those Wanted quests and every place I visited had plants again.

Dunno how much time it'd take for them to regrow though.

Plants also grow back. I've been very thorough in looting every place dry as I passed through them.

Near the end of my game I decided to go after those Wanted quests and every place I visited had plants again.

Dunno how much time it'd take for them to regrow though.

I went back visited areas to do bounties and other things etc. and no "wild" plants had grown back. Maybe it's less time and more Act triggered? I've only just entered Act3. Curious.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

More specifically on Vithrack brains: Cartugo outside the Vailian Trading Co. in Ondra's Gift. Then for tier 2 gems the black market trader outside the Salty Mast, who apparently only spawns at night. He asks for a quest-related passphrase, but I was able to bully him into selling to me with a Might check.

If only I'd known about that gem dealer on my first playthrough!

I went back visited areas to do bounties and other things etc. and no "wild" plants had grown back. Maybe it's less time and more Act triggered? I've only just entered Act3. Curious.

Just started Act 2 at DB, left and went back to check the plants around the Engwithan machine outside the tutorial dungeon: no respawns.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Could be I guess. I have no idea what made them respawn, I only know they had respawned in every area near Valewood where there was a bounty to collect.

Heck, maybe it was a side effect of installing one of the patches. No idea.

I guess the only way to be sure is to hear a dev tell us if plants respawn or not.

Pilgrim's progress

Outside Cilant Lis - by the machine x2

Gilded Vale - by Black Hound Inn x1, southeast field x1

Dyrwood - south central x2

Stormwall Gorge - by north central rock x1, northeast grove x1 (mind the lions)

Eight total. Synergizes with a companion rush because they're all along the rush path.

Bonus Burned Lady

Encampment - western outskirts x1

Black Meadow - west entrance x1, south central x1

Woodend Plains - northeast corner x1

Esternwood - south central x1, northeast corner x1

Six total.

All this in Act 1, without going to Searing Falls or past Dyrwood. 

Edited by mazeltov

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff