I think its really weird there is no actual fear effect in the game, from spells and what no, currently frightened or terrified effects just cause some "meh" penalties.

Why didn't the devs make it so people with those effects actually run away with fear, like in the origianl IE games, plus it just makes sense.

All in all I actually fell a lot of the spells in this game just feel interchangeable and it just makes it feel like the spell selection is a lot smaller than it is.... :-/

• Like 1

The development has generally swayed away from debuffs that make you lose control of your character for an extended period of time, with some exceptions. Confused is probably this game's equivalent of old-school fear.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

The think is, the "fear" in this game doesn't work as the common "i rune everywhere" effect that we find in most games.

This one apply a debuff on you (or on the monster) that lower a part of his defesive stats.

I know...thats the point I was making that disappoints me

Because of Disengagement,  random running away is really a bad idea,  making the fear effect of IE times OP.  Imagine your party swarming a slow mob with disengagement as it slowly lumbers away...

I guess thats one reasonable reason, still sort of waters down the entire spell casting experience :(

This is one of the reasons why the game-mechanics remain so opaque for casual players.

Most buff and debuffs just affect the stats in some way or another. Very few actually have a tangible effect in game. That's disappointing.

• Like 1