Community, we need to get this game completely voice acted.

The thing I appreciate most about having a small bit of voice acting, as we do currently, is it gives key characters a voice. I can hear that voice in my head very clearly when I'm reading the non-VO lines. It works out great as in, in my opinion.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I like fully voice acted (like FO:NV) but to be honest now I'm used to it I don't care. I did initially find it a bit jarring when people would voice act and switch to not bothering, but now it just feels like a quirk of the game adding to its uniqueness.

Edited by Jojobobo

You guys enjoy just reading, but I enjoy feeling the emotional perspective of someone else in addition to reading.

You guys prefer ONE action: Reading

I prefer TWO actions: Listening & Reading

1. Hear & feel emotion through another party.

2. Read for myself and interpret the meaning of the words.

Why settle for just X & Y when you can also have the Z for some depth? :p

Community/amateur voice acting is always bad, no exceptions.

That's true, but what if you could hear a sample of what you download first and decide if you like it?

The game is a mix of both Voice work and just reading.... Imo the game has a perfect amount of voice work and reading.

Edited by kozzy

I respect your guys low standards, but I have high expectations for this game. The very beginning of this game shows you a piece of art, five wagons, fantastical music and some very immersive narration. I want more of that.

The biggest obstacle is having to create a unity3d with a list of VOAssets, what a horrible implementation, just play the god damn wav file via folder path. I'm very close to just resorting to reverse engineering, but it doesn't have to be that way.

I actually find all the voice acting in the game immersive and professionally done. 

I know the basics of sound engineering, noise reduction, silent room and have access to a high quality mic.  A lot of my friends are aspiring actors and would gladly voice act (one of them works at medieval times).

With ten lines of code, I could get tons of narrations added to this game.

********  IT I HATE READING.  I'll do it if I have to on a technical scale, but I want more god damn voice acting and am willing to add it myself.

This sucks, I don't want to get into the Assembly-CSharp.dll *sigh*.

THIS IS ALL LEVAR BURTONS FAULT...

Levar-Burton-.jpg

Edited by luzarius

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

I respect your guys low standards,

(...)

********  IT I HATE READING. 

Who has a low standard?

No additional VO is needed. End of story.

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I have said this before I will say it again: I will pay an additional $20-30 if they can give me official voice acting DLC for EVERY line of dialog. I know this isn't at all what some people want hence DLC. When they announced BG:EE originally I had only one hope that was shattered: fully voice acting (I know it was a long shot since all the actors are older and had moved on, but still it was a hope).

• Like 1

I respect your guys low standards, but I have high expectations for this game.

Since when full VO is the sign of "high standards"? It's needed in movie wannabes Bioware chose to make since KotOR, but completely redundant and overly expensive for games like PoE. You're supposed to read here. End of story.

If it'd make your experience better and you'd like to mod it in, though, then go for it. *shrug*

Edited by Yellow Rabbit
  • Like 1

I respect your guys low standards, but I have high expectations for this game.

Since when full VO is the sign of "high standards"? It's needed in movie wannabes Bioware chose to make since KotOR, but completely redundant and overly expensive for games like PoE. You're supposed to read here. End of story.

If it'd make your experience better and you'd like to mod it in, though, then go for it. *shrug*

Not even mention people seem to lack to understand that a fully voice acted game means Less Content.. Bioware is a perfect example of that where npc talks just a few lines... 

I expect quality and quantity from RPG

Voice acting is costly and i prefear have a not voice acted game than a fully voice acted cinmeatic action game with rpg elements

Also its just me... But i dislikes who claim to like rpg and writes: i hate reading in the same line.

RPG are not supposed to be MOVIES

Edited by Mebrilia
  • Like 3

I respect your guys low standards,

Oh no you DIDN'T!

On a serious note, I do not have low standards, I feel the overall voice acting of this game is mediocre, but I'm kinda hard on voice acting, if it's not done well, I'd rather not have it.

I'd say my standard for voice acting is too high as I cringe and loathe sub par voice acting...

I don't mind reading though, and as some ppl said, a fully voiced game often makes for less content (lol if BG had been fully voice acted)

If you wanna do it, knock yourself out, but don't, please don't say things like this, it's not gonna end well (Internet people take offense easy these days ^^)

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

You guys act as if I'm going to force you to download the community voice pack. All I'm asking is for about 10-20 lines of code that will open up the ability for the community to mod the game and add more voices.

The Eothan temple for example, Wirtan has no voice acting. I dont' think any NPC's in that place have voice acting. It just doesn't feel as immersive as it could be.

Voice acting gives you the emotional drive to complete a quest, it's also an emotional driving factor for Trial of Iron. I know this out of experience. I've been doing no death rulesets for years on my twitch channel.  What gets you through Trial of Iron first and foremost is immersion and emotional drive.

It's fascinating that you guys are satified with just reading, it's mind boggling. I wish, I wish, I wish I could be satisfied with just reading.

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

No voice acting is better than bad voice acting.

I've installed Interesting NPCs mod for Skyrim. Even though original VA is not very diverse it's far, far better then fan NPCs. I've started to evade those custom NPCs and soon deleted this mod even though the lore and quests themselves were OK.

• Like 2

Lemme voice act I'm a great voice actor, well my LARP group thinks so anyway

I have no pop filter, a cheapo 10$ mic, I make constant heavy breaths due to breathing problems, and I studied Steve Blum's technique. I'm sure I can act at least 10 characters in this game. What can go wrong?

No voice acting is better than bad voice acting.

This is exactly why I'd like paid official top notch DLC for this; and it really is a nice to have. If they make it i expect it would sell very well depending on price.
Define "very well". Voice acting is expensive and Pillars has only 300k owners on Steam, probably fewer on GOG. How many don't care about full VO? How many care, but not enough to blow $20+ on it? Would the rest be enough to fund full VO at all, let alone top notch? That's assuming you can be sure they'd buy the DLC and aren't just theoretizing about it on the forum. Edited by Rosveen

I'm fine with the voice acting overall in this game. There are a few locations within the game where it could be improved, for example when you talk with some npc's and 90% of the dialogue is voice acted but not these 1 or 2 lines here and there.

If people in the community want to go out and do a voice over mod... Go on i'm not going to stop you. But i don't want Obsidian to waste money on to much VO, i would rather have them spend it on content within the game.

This game got a better score than Inquisition & Dragon Age 2. That means something. This game deserves to have every single word voice acted.

That makes no sense at all.

PoE beat out Dragon Age 2 and DA:I, so lets improve it by....Copying Dragon Age 2 and DA:I?

• Like 3

Community/amateur voice acting is always bad, no exceptions.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

How did this thread get to page 4 and no one linked that video before me wtf?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Personally I would prefer they implemented Romance before full VO  wub.png

I nominate BruceVC to voice every line of dialogue in the game, but in a "romantic" way.

This way we get both. ;)

Suggestion for Voice Acting model (Male):

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

No....we don't.

This.  

Hell, this game has a lot more voice acting in it than I was expecting as it was, and I like to read.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams