Community, we need to get this game completely voice acted.

This game got a better score than Inquisition & Dragon Age 2. That means something. This game deserves to have every single word voice acted. The biggest obstacle in adding voice acting is due to the nature of unity 3d. Does anyone know any possible way to add voice acting in a different way?

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

I don't understand the obsession with VO. When I play fully voice acted games, I skip half the dialogues anyway because I can read them faster. I listen only to the most important conversations (which partial VO already allows) and particularly well-acted side characters (which probably won't be all that common in a fan-made VO mod).

• Like 21

I already read the text way ahead of the voice and click through conversations quickly. Waste of development money imo. BG1 had it right. Short but sweet. The longer story-driven VOs for the chars in PoE are fine, but the VO style of each character is not memorable. One man's 'memorable' is another man's 'lame fantasy stereotype', I know....

• Like 2

I don't understand the obsession with VO. When I play fully voice acted games, I skip half the dialogues anyway because I can read them faster. I listen only to the most important conversations (which partial VO already allows) and particularly well-acted side characters (which probably won't be all that common in a fan-made VO mod).

I do the same mostly, and agree with most of that, though I don't think there's an obsession abut voice acting... just a preference over reading.

If anything, I don't understand why reading is hated so much.

You guys enjoy just reading, but I enjoy feeling the emotional perspective of someone else in addition to reading.

You guys prefer ONE action: Reading

I prefer TWO actions: Listening & Reading

1. Hear & feel emotion through another party.

2. Read for myself and interpret the meaning of the words.

Why settle for just X & Y when you can also have the Z for some depth? :p

Community/amateur voice acting is always bad, no exceptions.

That's true, but what if you could hear a sample of what you download first and decide if you like it?

Edited by luzarius

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

Some of me wishes there was more voice acted stuff. For example-the actors they did hire to do VO work. Not all that character's lines are done with VO.

But, since it's an RPG, I enjoy reading the text in my mind (or sometimes out loud if I really want to nerd out) and making up the voices of how I think they would/should sound. Really brings the world to life.

My experience has been that fan VOs are almost universally horrible and actually make things significantly worse than if you're just allowed to imagine for yourself what the character sounds like. 

Personally I would prefer they implemented Romance before full VO  :wub:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I like it as it is... in fact a little less would still have been fine.  In combat it's helpful, but longer bits of dialog really don't need it.  There's enough to give you a bit more of a sense for some of the characters -- it adds to my enjoyment of Kana and Pellagina especially, and that's great, but since I read quickly I find someone talking over it distracting.

This game got a better score than Inquisition & Dragon Age 2. That means something. This game deserves to have every single word voice acted. The biggest obstacle in adding voice acting is due to the nature of unity 3d. Does anyone know any possible way to add voice acting in a different way?

What, you can't read ? The amount of voice over present in the game is sufficient, important NPCs get it. Mind you, it cuts off for some, but that's an implementation problem not a design one.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Read the lines out loud as you go.  In different voices.

• Like 1

Some people like voice acting. Some people don't need it.

None of them want to spend effort creating many, many, terrible, terrible voice acting.

There's a reason it costs so much and it's so often still crap. 

We've already had a thread about this, by the way, where people told you exactly the same thing..

• Like 2