Obsidian devs after the Limerick controversy..

Calling the mere desire for freedom of speech as "Social injustice" just shows how nutty these guys are.

Do you seriously not understand what free speech means?

Free speech is the right to express yourself in speech and writing without being censored by the state.

The right to free speech does not give you the right to use another's platform, nor does it give you the right to be listened to.

No one's free speech has been violated here. The proof of this is that less than a day after the patch was released a mod was published that reintroduced the limerick.

Additionally, if Firedorn was so inclined he could go get his own platform (e.g. a blog) and publish limericks to his heart's content.

Anyone who complains about free speech is either grossly ignorant of their own rights or simply dishonest.

• Like 2

Look, I'm all for treating your fellow man good and acceptance and all that, but there comes a time when you need to stop being so thin-skinned and accept that not everyone is going to agree with you, or your beliefs or lifestyle, and you will just have to deal with it and stop whining and stamping your feet, trying to get your way.

I don't think Josh should have even acknowledged the "Kill all men" Twitter troll, but he did and that was the biggest problem.

• Like 1

I think a large part of the issue is that by its very nature "phychological trauma" is subjective at best; I'm waiting for someone to provide me with an actual method to measure the "phychological trauma" that can be applied across the board to all groups, both those favored by the SJWs as well as those that aren't.

• Like 1

I think a large part of the issue is that by its very nature "phychological trauma" is subjective at best; I'm waiting for someone to provide me with an actual method to measure the "phychological trauma" that can be applied across the board to all groups, both those favored by the SJWs as well as those that aren't.

it can be measured, yes. Since pain no matter physical or mental is proccessed by the same areas of the brain. The pain climax however is a shock, not the issues that the ppl claim to lead to suicide or whatever. The so called "phychological trauma" is described by a gap in memory, not the other way around.

Edited by mrmonocle

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

So rather like with physical pain, then?

• Like 2

Mobbing causes phychological trauma. It's not that different from physical trauma, you just don't see it straight away. Imagine it as being beaten with police batons. But invisible ones. And not once, but continuously. If at first you are enraged against police brutality - "what's going on? i didn't break any laws!", after a while you just want the pain to stop. 

Both psychological and physical torture eventually lead to the same end.

Funny that some people don't see such obvious things... 

Now enter police batons. What happened to the incident?

I don't understand you.

But actually, it doesn't matter - this thread reminded me why I love video games. There are (normally) no Crimea, no Russia, no US, no Middle East, no taxes, no free speech- or LBGT- or anti-LBGT or firearms-advocates, none of this annoying cr*p we have to deal with (one way or another) everyday. And so, instead of trying to make some people change their point of view (which will not happen anyway because people don't change) I'll rather play some PoE instead.

Salamat.

I think a large part of the issue is that by its very nature "phychological trauma" is subjective at best; I'm waiting for someone to provide me with an actual method to measure the "phychological trauma" that can be applied across the board to all groups, both those favored by the SJWs as well as those that aren't.

it can be measured, yes. Since pain no matter physical or mental is proccessed by the same areas of the brain. The pain climax however is a shock, not the issues that the ppl claim to lead to suicide or whatever. The so called "phychological trauma" is described by a gap in memory, not the other way around.

It's psychological Trauma?

Like being molested by your mama?

There's no shame

It's just a game

But everyone loves a drama.

Ok, ok, I'll stop now.

Edited by Stun

A big problem right now is this societal shift of not taking personal accountability or responsibility for anything, which leads to finger pointing and excuses like limericks such as this causing "psychological trauma"

When did people become so soft?

A big problem right now is this societal shift of not taking personal accountability or responsibility for anything, which leads to finger pointing and excuses like limericks such as this causing "psychological trauma"

Not everyone is soft. It's just the US has never experienced direct bombing. From a personal experience i can tell that the sounds of exploding rockets and bombs change your views very fast.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

A big problem right is is this societal shift of not taking personal accountability for being a ****ing ****, which leads to finger pointing and excuses like "it's just a joke".

When did people become such hypocritical ****s?

• Like 2

There once was a bro named Qbert

Whose feelings were terribly hurt

When his favorite studio

Felt a verse wasn't apropos

For a spot where a bard was interred. 

Oh but that wasn't funny either. You broke your own rule!

it can be measured, yes. Since pain no matter physical or mental is proccessed by the same areas of the brain. The pain climax however is a shock, not the issues that the ppl claim to lead to suicide or whatever. The so called "phychological trauma" is described by a gap in memory, not the other way around.

Interesting, but it sounds to me like you are describing PTSD as opposed to the nonsense that is being championed by the SJW crowd.

So rather like with physical pain, then?

Not really because as subjective as those "1-10 pain scale charts" are, physical pain can be measured, verified and more importantly denotes an underlying condition.    

I think a large part of the issue is that by its very nature "phychological trauma" is subjective at best; I'm waiting for someone to provide me with an actual method to measure the "phychological trauma" that can be applied across the board to all groups, both those favored by the SJWs as well as those that aren't.

it can be measured, yes. Since pain no matter physical or mental is proccessed by the same areas of the brain. The pain climax however is a shock, not the issues that the ppl claim to lead to suicide or whatever. The so called "phychological trauma" is described by a gap in memory, not the other way around.

It's psychological Trauma?

Like being molested by your mama?

There's no shame

It's just a game

But everyone loves a drama.

Ok, ok, I'll stop now.

Yeah ... let's stop comparing claiming to suffer trauma from reading a poem to being molested shall we?

*EDIT*

Katarack21  ... I don't know, why isn't there the same outrage when a gay bakery refuses to bake a "support traditional wedding" cake as there is when a Christian bakery refuses to bake a gay wedding cake?

Edited by MLMII

Narcissism is quite rampant these days in the West - and criticism of a narcissist always ends up in some form of lashing out. Perhaps if parents were a little less willing to reinforce in their kids minds that they're special little snowflakes, even when they've done nothing of note, we might have a bit of a change in that regard.

Oh, and stop reinforcing through media and schools that putting your naughty bits in unusual places makes you interesting.

Edited by Malovane
  • Like 2

Not really because as subjective as those "1-10 pain scale charts" are, physical pain can be measured, verified and more importantly denotes an underlying condition.    

Those charts actually exist because the pain cannot be measured, or verified. It's all subjective--what you say is an 8 might be a 5 to somebody else, etc. There is no "pain unit", no discreet measuring system. There is no way to objectively quantify pain.

• Like 1

There once was a thread that began:

"This shirt that was worn by a man

Has been thrown to the ground!

We must bravely sound

Our complaints about censorship." But!

Our OP forgot one small thing:

When the war bells of internets ring

Then we all lose the plot

What we say matters not.

We have clearly all gone quite insane.

Edited by evensong
  • Like 1

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -Marcus Aurelius

Those charts actually exist because the pain cannot be measured, or verified. It's all subjective--what you say is an 8 might be a 5 to somebody else, etc. There is no "pain unit", no discreet measuring system. There is no way to objectively quantify pain.

Well to be fair it's my understanding that it is indeed possible, albeit extremely impractical to measure the activity in the pain centers of someone's brain.  And although you are technically correct in saying that what I consider to be a nine, you might call a seven, or even a three, physical pain does cause physical reactions that can indeed be verified ... for instance, it's fairly difficult to walk into a clinic (that is doing their due diligence and isn't simply a RX Mill) and walk out with pain meds simply by pointing at the chart and claiming a ten.

A responsible person would say,

"Jesus Christ, chill the **** out, okay?"

But our anger burns bright,

And it lights up the night

Radiating from digital screens.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -Marcus Aurelius

Well to be fair it's my understanding that it is indeed possible, albeit extremely impractical to measure the activity in the pain centers of someone's brain.  And although you are technically correct in saying that what I consider to be a nine, you might call a seven, or even a three, physical pain does cause physical reactions that can indeed be verified ... for instance, it's fairly difficult to walk into a clinic (that is doing their due diligence and isn't simply a RX Mill) and walk out with pain meds simply by pointing at the chart and claiming a ten.

None of those physiological signs correlate directly; different people with the exact same symptoms can show different rates of acitivity in the "pain sensors", for example. A doctor or hospital judges your pain the same way you would somebody else, by looking for the signs of distress and emotional reaction, checking your physical symptoms to see if something could be causing the pain you claim, etc. They tend to be very cautious because there are laws about controlled substances; in general they will always err on the side of not giving you controlled drugs because of this.

There really is absolutely no way to objectively measure pain. They're working on it, but it doesn't exist.

It's occasionally hard to recall

Our opinions are hardly at all

Any use in this fight.

So we all as well might

Lay down arms and embrace: game's for all!

• Like 1

I will admit I find it a tad odd and surprising to see that Obsidian chose to censor the limerick, seeing as how this is the company that produced Caesar's Legion and Durance. Both of them preach about how conflict or "fires" can make you stronger while burning away the weak and unworthy. With stories like that, you think they'd have a mentality of how the world is harsh and you need to be willing to face that some people can and will offend you, but you need to be able to carry on.

But again I'm a realist and I'm sure this was a decision made (decision to even ask Firedorn) moreso in the interest of marketing. Companies are notorious for being a place for ideologies to die.

• Like 4

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

A responsible person would say,

"Jesus Christ, chill the **** out, okay?"

But our anger burns bright,

And it lights up the night

Radiating from digital screens.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?