Obsidian devs after the Limerick controversy..

Here's another one:

There once was a man from Scania

who had a peculiar mania:

he would speak in tones guttural

of Marxists cultural

for he feared they'd move in from Tanzania!

(Must stop drunkposting now.)

Guttural? That's just offensive! D:

(It's 17:00, it's noticeable that you're finnish.. or.. you know.. living in Denmark)

Continue drunkposting.

I wish I was able to have a few drinks, I am working tonight so I'm at a customer. Its also 17:00 in South Africa 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Here's another one:

There once was a man from Scania

who had a peculiar mania:

he would speak in tones guttural

of Marxists cultural

for he feared they'd move in from Tanzania!

(Must stop drunkposting now.)

Guttural? That's just offensive! D:

(It's 17:00, it's noticeable that you're finnish.. or.. you know.. living in Denmark)

Continue drunkposting.

I'm visiting Finland. It's six o'clock here. 

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I can't believe I'm posting in a thread like this.  I should know better.  But anyway...

Your issues are not for the rest of the world to have to deal with. Just because you have issues, does not mean that the world is out to get you. The level at which social justice warriors find non-issues and blow them out of proportion is not reasonable by the measurement of any thinking individual...

It is not the world's job to cater to every single brand of crazy all at once. We deal with the default ones and the serious ones, the rest is just incalculable and unreasonable.

Somebody made a feeble, old joke.  Someone else came along and said "that's pretty offensive, could you fix it?"

And then the GG crowd -- not understanding or caring how such a joke could be offensive -- comes along and decides that being offended is the worst possible thing a human being can do.  It's not reasonable!  It's crazy and we shouldn't cater to it!  It's censorship!  It's fascist!  It's the thought police!  It's a conspiracy of people trying to exercise their power over others!  it's blowing things out of proportion!  How dare someone be offended at a joke?  It's literally going to cause the collapse of civilization!    And now we're taking offense that someone else is offended!

Such a shame that Pillars of Eternity is completely ruined by the removal of a lame limerick and society is going to go down in flames.

You're basically arguing that Rosa Parks should have shut up and stayed in the back of the bus, because she literally ruined buses for all the white people who they really belonged to.  Gandhi should have just let Britain rule India.  Ditto for American colonists.  That dude in Tianamen Square should have let the tanks roll on.  Women should never have asked for the right to vote.  Slaves should have just kept their heads down and their mouths shut.  "Lesser" people should never stand up for themselves.

...except this isn't anything like that.  It's people asking "could you not make stupid jokes about us?  Otherwise we might not buy your game and might make some angry posts on Twitter."

And for this you think they're "crazy" and keep starting new threads to whine about it after it's already done.

Edited by Starthief
  • Like 7

I can't believe I'm posting in a thread like this.  I should know better.  But anyway...

Your issues are not for the rest of the world to have to deal with. Just because you have issues, does not mean that the world is out to get you. The level at which social justice warriors find non-issues and blow them out of proportion is not reasonable by the measurement of any thinking individual...

It is not the world's job to cater to every single brand of crazy all at once. We deal with the default ones and the serious ones, the rest is just incalculable and unreasonable.

Somebody made a feeble, old joke.  Someone else came along and said "that's pretty offensive, could you fix it?"

And then the GG crowd -- not understanding or caring how such a joke could be offensive -- comes along and decides that being offended is the worst possible thing a human being can do.  It's not reasonable!  It's crazy and we shouldn't cater to it!  It's censorship!  It's fascist!  It's the thought police!  It's a conspiracy of people trying to exercise their power over others!  it's blowing things out of proportion!  How dare someone be offended at a joke?  It's literally going to cause the collapse of civilization!    And now we're taking offense that someone else is offended!

Such a shame that Pillars of Eternity is completely ruined by the removal of a lame limerick and society is going to go down in flames.

You're basically arguing that Rosa Parks should have shut up and stayed in the back of the bus, because she literally ruined buses for all the white people who they really belonged to.  Gandhi should have just let Britain rule India.  Ditto for American colonists.  That dude in Tianamen Square should have let the tanks roll on.  Women should never have asked for the right to vote.  Slaves should have just kept their heads down and their mouths shut.  "Lesser" people should never stand up for themselves.

...except this isn't anything like that.  It's people asking "could you not make stupid jokes about us?  Otherwise we might not buy your game and might make some angry posts on Twitter."

And for this you think they're "crazy" and keep starting new threads to whine about it after it's already done.

This, Bryy, this is hyperbole.

• Like 4

t50aJUd.jpg

I much prefer continuing this discussion in limericks, so here is my contribution. 

There once was a troll called victorious

Whose sniveling claims of insult were quite porious

Her mind was very skewed

Evidenced by the hate that she spewed

I mean she thought #killallmen was glorious!

It's not very good, but please don't criticize b/c i'm a member of a group that had something bad happened to it in the past, and I or someone in my group may be experiencing something bad somewhere in the world right at this moment, so i demand special protection.

• Like 1

One's freedom ends where another's begin. 

You cannot lack respect to someone, be a **** about it, then claim "freedom of speech" and then say that people cannot complain as well. What makes -your- right stronger than theirs?

Let me counter your question with: Does my right become more right if I am in a minority, and am I allowed to be more of a **** if I am? Does my right become more right if I also rile up people around me, who have no idea what my emotions are or who I am but they simply feel emotional because I am emotional?

Take Denmark's embassy in the Middle-East (Yes, I am comparing with that, if you know what I am talking about), where islamists got riled up because a Danish artists had made a painting of "He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named" (lol). Whilst marching towards the embassy, the crowd became larger and larger, and no one in the crowd had any idea what it was all about, but someone had made a painting, probably, and they were yelling and got angry and tossed **** around them and eventually they burned down the embassy... except they burned down the Norwegian embassy too (They probably didn't know which one was which so they burned down both).

Does that right make them more right, because they were offended by a cartoon of Mohammed, and that made it right of them to rile up thousands of people around them? What if Obsidian hadn't listened to Erika, would she be allowed to burn down Obsidian's offices and spread hate about them because of a poem?

I know my example is a bit extreme, but do you understand what I am saying?

Read: I think (2) fits into it.

A bit extreme? Of course she wouldn't be allowed to destroy property or hurt people because she got freaking offended, what kind of a question is that? I'm a huge supporter of free speech and I reserve the right to walk around in public with a t-shirt with a graphic of the danish cartoon with Muhammad wearing a bomb as a turban. But I also have the right to not wear that shirt if I don't feel like it. If Obsidian had removed the poem in order to appease a group threatening violence against them, I'd be pissed, but that's not what went down at all. First of all, it's likely that they overlooked it and legitimately don't like it or want it in the game in the first place. That would be their right to include whatever the **** they want in their work. Furthermore, they didn't remove it or apologize and they weren't responding to threats of violence. They chose to ask the backer if he wanted to change it in light of the situation, and he decided to do so. Period. That's the entire story. Nobody caved to threats of violence and no censorship was forced on anybody.

Obsidian decided that they wanted to give the backer an opportunity to change something that was causing a lot of people to **** on twitter and the forums, the backer decided to do so, Obsidian published his rewrite which directly insulted those who got offended in the first place. It's amazing how much imaginary bs all of you are attaching to this situation.

As a show of example to see how much people read into a comment (this is the second one by the way).

I never said that there were threats of violence against Obsidian. I didn't even insinuate that there ever was. I was asking rethorical questions and making rethorical parallels. Using an extreme example (I got it right this time). Deceptive, I know, sorry about that. It was somewhat intentional. You applied the rest of the meaning yourself.

I was re-reading my post a couple of times and thinking "Yeah, it is A LOT of extreme, maybe I should edit that 'bit' out of it? Nah. Whatever, someone is going to get pissed about it". I made a conscious choice to keep it there so I could elaborate as well as hope I could see some people understanding what I was talking about, and also show how literal people are and how they apply their own meanings to things. How people have difficulty in seeing from other people's point of views. Most of the time because they aren't trying* (I've read your post, at this point in time, 3 4 times now Grinning, just to give you some perspective and that I am trying to understand other people's thoughts too ;)). I never said anything about Obsidian being forced to censor anything. What happened was a woman who wanted to force Obsidian to censor, because she perceived the poem to be "All about me".

Whilst the threats were not of the "I will burn down your office"-kind, it was of the "I will not buy your game if you don't fix this and I will tell all kinds of people to not get your game because of this poem"-kind. "Censor this, or else!" (and for a while, Erika thought Obsidian had censored it too). It was also appearantly escalating. My point is that if Obsidian hadn't communicated with her in some manner, she would've continued her campaign, spread more hate on Obsidian and been anti-Obsidian for the rest of her gaming career or even life, most likely. That pressure, is a d*ck move, and isn't much different from "terror". The way she gathered people to her cause, sentimentally, is not much different than the way that the islamists on the streets riled up and gathered people.

My point is that there could've been a single people who started chanting on the streets "Danish idiot is making cartoon of our prophet!" and then let's pretend they went and protested against it. Similarly, Erika started on Twitter "Obsidian Backer idiot is making fun of our sexuality!" and then went and protested against it.

No tolerancy in both cases. ^Do you see the parallell I made, more simplified, now^?

*"They aren't trying" = lots of people become emotional on what they see on the surface, they jump to conclusions before understanding. I do this too, so I should really say "We". But using "they" is more provocative.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 3

We shouldn't take delusional people seriously. The reason they are offended is irrelevant, unless there's any merit to the claim, and if there isn't, the fact that they are offended should be treated with due ridicule.

And I guess you and only you are the objective judge with respect to what counts as a relevant reason to be offended, and what does not? For every single person in the world, I guess? I would consider that as being quite delusional...

• Like 2

A boss whose surname was Magic-box

Was a scourge in Guildwars like pox

He seemed to be hungry,

For his first name was Mungri,

But to capture his Boon Signet he often got socked (as in beat up).

Erm ... I just made the most terrible limerick ever!

I found it funny, the reality is I have absolutely NO ability in creating limericks so I am impressed by basically any effort  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Big ol' PrimeJunta was having a ball

His fat legs tumbling as he braced for a fall

Luckily for the fatman he landed on his ass

Big enough for him to have eaten the whole middle class

*Note: PrimeJunta is really an extremely muscular gentleman

So fat he looks like a ball

Luckmann is more wide than tall

Sex is out of the question

He can't stand the frustration

*Note: Luckmann is in reality a world-reknowned bodybuilder

Stun and PrimeJunta went to a bench

And planned to do some kissing

Stun made a pass, and grabbed Juntas ass,

Now two of his teeth are missing

*Note: While Stun and PJ may be a couple, such information has not been disclosed to me. Junta is confirmed to having a mean right hook, however.

Osvir the magic dragon, lived by the Net

And frolicked in the autism mist, in a land called Lack of Liberty

Little Stun paper, loved that Nerdy Bro

And brought him **** and vibrators for a big ol' fancy show

*Note: Osvir is not a dragon, nor has autism but is indeed magical. Whether he would enjoy Stun's oiled up dildoshow is uncertain.

Edited by soedenone
  • Like 1

A boss whose surname was Magic-box

Was a scourge in Guildwars like pox

He seemed to be hungry,

For his first name was Mungri,

But to capture his Boon Signet he often got socked (as in beat up).

Of Bosses in RPGs, there are a ton

In BG2, I can list every last one

There's Bodhi and Shangular

Fiirkraag and Baalthazar

But Irenicus is the most fun.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 2

As told already...

There are joke on everyone... Gay,Lesbian,Bisexual,Transgender,Straight,Male and Female.

Basically there are jokes for everything.. And yes to me who rage at an issue like this suffer from stupidity...

In that specific case that person felt offended because the way was handle the joke was unfair because was an offence for transgender...

Now from the moment you complain about something like that is evident there is something wrong in your thinking because is like if you get mad because that tiny words made you feel different from others while as a person you are not different from others.

So in the end why get mad because some written joke words? It's just plain dumb.... And if those little stupid words made you feel mad and you want them removed at your cost is you that feel different.

So if you feel different how can you talk about social Justice and equality?

Or maybe we should remove all the jokes from the world? Jokes about man and woman and gay and lesbian and bi and stuff?

• Like 2

Reminds me of this affair oddly enough..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALQxetf_k8

Fukin' man lands an ape-made rocket on an asteroid for first time in history but gets lynched by mobs from **** fan clubs for a shirt he wore that wasn't feminist enough..

I don't know if I should cry too or just laugh..

Nothing else left to do except laughing anyway against feminazism and political correctedness...I thought financial independence would mean creative independence too but apparently sales and etiquette still matter more than integrity and bravour..

If I wanted to have that I would have just bought dragon age inquisition. It's a bad game but hey it's big budget, wide audience and very politically correct!!

Probably getting banned for this but I hope it will show people what believing in freedom of expression and intellectual integrity really means...

WHAT THE..................

C'mon tell me it's just a bad joke i can't believe that sh*t :blink: