Obsidian devs after the Limerick controversy..

Reminds me of this affair oddly enough..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALQxetf_k8

****ing man lands an ape-made rocket on an asteroid for first time in history but gets lynched by mobs from **** fan clubs for a shirt he wore that wasn't feminist enough..

I don't know if I should cry too or just laugh..

Nothing else left to do except laughing anyway against feminazism and political correctedness...I thought financial independence would mean creative independence too but apparently sales and etiquette still matter more than integrity and bravour..

If I wanted to have that I would have just bought dragon age inquisition. It's a bad game but hey it's big budget, wide audience and very politically correct!!

Probably getting banned for this but I hope it will show people what believing in freedom of expression and intellectual integrity really means...

Edited by TrueNeutral
If it's censored by the board, don't write it slightly differently to avoid that.
  • Like 17

It's kinda amusing actually, that the SIJW's keep claiming the SJW's "raise lynch mobs" and what have you, and then keep starting threads drumming for lynch mobs against "feminazis" and "political correctness" and what have you.

To the OP: better check under your bed, there might be a cultural marxist there.

• Like 32

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

It's kinda amusing actually, that the SIJW's keep claiming the SJW's "raise lynch mobs" and what have you, and then keep starting threads drumming for lynch mobs against "feminazis" and "political correctness" and what have you.

To the OP: better check under your bed, there might be a cultural marxist there.

Yeah, the irony is strong isn't it . Reminds me of the GG thread actually  :-

• Like 3

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Obsidian has already been repressed by the shift in backers' relation for the limmerick removal. I'm sure their next kickstarter figure will drop severely. I hope their "correctness" will make up for lying to the bakers.

Edited by mrmonocle
  • Like 6

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Hehe..nice argument, except that I'm not the one demanding censorship here..

And, I'm just expressing, after them, my opinion, stating that I am a little disappointed, nothing more. If you think I shouldn't do this please go ahead, I don't want to censor you.. ;)

• Like 1

Can we please apply the same procedure as in the last topic of similar kind?

By making it a sausage thread?

Here lies Firedina, a heroine in bed.

She once was alive, but now she's dead.

The last man she bedded, turned out a woman

And crying in shame, off a cliff she ran.

Hmm... swapping the genders somehow makes the poem more offensive than less...

But also hotter.

Edited by Zwiebelchen
  • Like 5

I want that god damn shirt.  Does anyone know where I can buy it?

• Like 2

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

Obsidian asked the backer whether he wanted to change it and he agreed. I am not seeing how that is censorship.

Oh right, the SJWs "forced" Obsidian to censor it and they in turn "forced" the backer to change it, despite all accounts.

As a backer I DON'T care a duck about ppl uninvolved in the funding. The game's got pegi 16 rating: a clear warning to stay the duck out of it.

• Like 2

Can we please apply the same procedure as in the last topic of similar kind?

By making it a sausage thread?

Here lies Firedina, a heroine in bed.

She once was alive, but now she's dead.

The last man she bedded, turned out a woman

And crying in shame, off a cliff she ran.

Hmm... swapping the genders somehow makes the poem more offensive than less...

Doesn't matter, someone would be angry or offended.

Here lies Firethorn, a hero in bed,

He once was a live, but now he's dead.

The last woman he bedded, turned out to be a tree-trunk.

And crying in shame, off a cliff he yelled 'Weeeee...' *thunk*

"But... but... but the trees man! The trees!! Remove this poem!!" etc. etc. whatever.

It wasn't about the poem. It was about a woman that felt entitled, self-important, and manic enough to create a crusade about something really pointless. If we consider she became messed up by the poem, consider how much she cares for children and living people (if we compare with the tree and the hanging people, Hollowborn, Wichts etc.) *shrug*

There was really one thing that I felt disgusted by in the game (lots of offensive stuff in the game too), was the pool of the sacrificial pit underneath the Xaurips, before you face a Drake. IIRC Floor 4 or 5. I don't know why, but I got an image in my head from floating intestines, skulls, and just pure liquid fat blood wobbling along the surface line of the pool of blood and it made me "huek" (not vomit, but just getting that imagery was a bit blegh). But I wasn't offended by it, it was part of the narrative, part of the story, part of the game. It wasn't going to make me stop playing or exploring the dungeon and make a Twitter/Social outrage about it xD

That would've been silly. About as silly as the person that got offended by the poem. Just as disgusting the pool of blood was in my head, the meaning of the poem was all in her head.

PR disaster probably, and Paradox (who were supposedly handling Pillars of Eternity's marketing) probably shook their heads when they saw Josh Sawyer replying to Erika. Or it was all part of some plan to create some controversy. Because no doubt, controversy spreads like wildfire across the internet, onto websites, YouTubers talk about it, communities and so on and forth, and people start talking about "What is offensive in Pillars of Eternity?" on more broader terms as well. You have to consider that she also went after a Backer, an external source/artist, rather than going after Obsidian themselves. That says a lot too about the nature of the outrage (And the victory exclamation she did afterwards too *shrug* Obsidian probably got played, which is probably why you can see in some loading screens now "The memorials are backer content and break the 4th wall, don't read them if you want immersion").

Regardless, I think that's an interesting topic "What is offensive in Pillars of Eternity? What is controversial in Pillars of Eternity?", all of that is interesting. But talking about the Poem is talking about Erika and her person and psychology, and I'd rather not.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 9

Obsidian asked the backer whether he wanted to change it and he agreed. I am not seeing how that is censorship.

Oh right, the SJWs "forced" Obsidian to censor it and they in turn "forced" the backer to change it, despite all accounts.

As a backer I DON'T care a duck about ppl uninvolved in the funding. The game's got pegi 16 rating: a clear warning to stay the duck out of it.

Good for you. Obsidian cares about the opinions of non backers though, probably because that's most of the people who buy the game.

• Like 1

And, I'm just expressing, after them, my opinion, stating that I am a little disappointed, nothing more. If you think I shouldn't do this please go ahead, I don't want to censor you.. ;)

You are demanding censorship, because you're directly comparing people who disagree with you to murderous lynch mobs and the nazis, and thus putting them outside the range of acceptable conversation, characterizing them has indulging in hate-speech (which is censored).

You also don't understand what intellectual integrity means. It means being able to back up your ideas, and sticking to them when they're rational, and dropping them when they're shown to be irrational. Anyone even using the phrase "feminazi" has already given up any claim to "intellectual integrity", because he's using crude, offensive, propaganda-speech, which compares fairly harmless people to a massive evil army (bordering on a death cult) which took over Europe by violent force and exterminated millions of people. There's no intellectual integrity there.

It absolutely does not mean mindlessly sticking to your guns, or worse, someone else's guns, as you seem to think it does.

Edited by Eurhetemec
  • Like 6

What's funny to me is that a lot of the people complaining don't seem to understand why people found it offensive in the first place. There is a huge structural difference between taking offense because a game lets you kill a child and because a game makes fun of a severely maligned minority. If you don't understand that, you don't understand the issue.

• Like 7

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -Marcus Aurelius

If the feminazi can make a person, whose tribute to the humanity's progress is immesurable, cry for whatever reason, then their title is well deserved.

Edited by mrmonocle
  • Like 3

What's funny to me is that a lot of the people complaining don't seem to understand why people found it offensive in the first place. There is a huge structural difference between taking offense because a game lets you kill a child and because a game makes fun of a severely maligned minority. If you don't understand that, you don't understand the issue.

Well the key reason most people don't understand why the perpetually offended found it offensive in the first place was probably primarily because it wasn't offensive at all.

I think that's the key reason.

• Like 18

t50aJUd.jpg

And, I'm just expressing, after them, my opinion, stating that I am a little disappointed, nothing more. If you think I shouldn't do this please go ahead, I don't want to censor you.. wink.png

You just ask/demand that Obsidian put content in their game that they or original creator of content don't any more want to have in the game. Which means that you aren't very supportive for rights of freedom of expression which allow creator(s) to edit their work if they feel to do so.
  • Like 3

You are demanding censorship, because you're directly comparing people who disagree with you to murderous lynch mobs and the nazis, and thus putting them outside the range of acceptable conversation, characterizing them has indulging in hate-speech (which is censored).

You also don't understand what intellectual integrity means. It means being able to back up your ideas, and sticking to them when they're rational, and dropping them when they're shown to be irrational. Anyone even using the phrase "feminazi" has already given up any claim to "intellectual integrity", because he's using crude, offensive, propaganda-speech, which compares fairly harmless people to a massive evil army (bordering on a death cult) which took over Europe by violent force and exterminated millions of people. There's no intellectual integrity there.

It absolutely does not mean mindlessly sticking to your guns, or worse, someone else's guns, as you seem to think it does.

Good post, personally I have always found the characterizations " femnazi" and  " SJF " ( social justice Fascist )  offensive and completely exaggerated and unnecessary

People like myself support SJ initiatives, the last thing I am is some kind of bigot who should be associated with groups of people who committed genocide 

I have asked people to refrain from using such words but some people still use them. So I can really can identify with your logic 

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

if they feel to do so.

Oh, cmon! The word FORCED is more appropriate here.

I'm probably going to surprise you but yes, you are right in saying that using the term "feminazi" is not using rational argumentation but rather falls in the category of what is called "sophism". But then, when debating people who do not aim to find the truth but rather win the debate (like feminazis xD) you cannot win by rationality. This is basically something you have to learn to become a successful politician for example.

But then again I am looking for truth therefore I am willing to admit such things to people who I consider reasonable or honest.

For the rest of your post I'm afraid to say though that it's far too passionate [Passionate 3] to be able to make sense logically. I mean the term feminazi is just a mildly-serious term, or at least I used it like that ("what do we have left except laughing"). And Nazis were just one evil among many other in human history, even during their time Communists killed more and Capitalists killed more later on. It's just a meme, not so important..

But anyway, the political debate about political correctness is a very important a long one, however I believe most people are not ready to debate it properly..

If the feminazi can make a person, whose tribute to the humanity's progress is immesurable, cry for whatever reason, then their title is well deserved.

That's a great point. After all, the Nazis greatest crimes were, of course, making people cry. Thoughtless people will always reach for the baseless cheap shot of labeling those with opposing views as Nazis at the first opportunity.

• Like 6

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

if they feel to do so.

Oh, cmon! The word FORCED is more appropriate here.

Who forced them to do anything and what gave them such force over what Obsidian or backer in question has to do what they demand/ask. It was more that they loudly expressed their opinion about thing in the game and then Obsidian and backer in question decided to edit content in the game. Obsidian has done such edits for the game many times during it development, where those changes also forced over them by backers who demanded/asked them?
  • Like 3