What do you mean once per encounter? The boots holding the spell have 3 uses per rest. I'm a Barbarian who one shots everything in his path, if you check the log you can see it proc'd FOUR times on Nalrend the Wise for a total of 457 damage. I don't think that's supposed to be working as intended.

• Like 1

Yep its a known combo, but it is only once per encounter.

It's not the Spell Striking of the Stiletto found on Gilded Vale, but rather Spell Binding given by the Animancer's Boots; which means you choose when to clear an entire enemy group :D

Edited by Gullintani
  • Like 1

Are there other items that do something similar to those boots? 

Haven't found any other with Jolting Touch bound on it, but there're some items that hold spells that go off randomly during battle; for example Shod in Faith boots Consecrate the ground and Nature's Grace casts Woodskin.

Yeah Barb has probably the most over powered combinations thanks to how Carnage and OSA work.  Retaliation, Battle Forged, Spell Holding, Spell Binding.

Oh and Jolting Touch seems to be an easy level 1 scroll to craft and requires 2 lore, so GG.

Edited by Parsong

Yeah, I only used those boots a couple of times before I realised how bugged the interaction with Carnage was; and still my Barbarian has inflicted an insane 126k damage.

Current stats nearing the end with Celestial Suite bonus are 21 Might, 7 Constitution, 23 Dexterity, 7 Perception, 20 Intelligence, 22 Resolve.

I probably made some questionable choices regarding talents/abilities, but here's what I went for:

Blooded

Brute Force

Carnage

Frenzy

One Stands Alone

Threatening Presence

--

Greater Frenzy

Accurate Carnage

Barbaric Blow

Weapon Focus: Adventurer

Savage Attack

Two-Handed Style

Effigy's Resentment: Grieving Mother

Gift from the Machine

Duel Wielding + Fast Weapons would probably have been better with that crazy dexterity and OSA.

where to find those boots? 

I can't remember where I found them.

Edited by Gullintani

• 4 months later...

I think it got nerfed. I played a barb in PotD and didn't find it to be very powerful - but it was still good. I recommend Tidefall plus Sanguine Plate plus Shod-in-Faith boots plus low defl. on your barb. The draining and wounding of Tidefall applies to carnage as well, giving you enormous healing rates and dishing out lots of damage. This is supported by Consecrated Ground from the boots, which will trigger very often (most of the time it triggers twice in about 3 seconds) and making it very hard to knock you out while you get frenzied all the time by your plate. Your health will be very high and your DR too, so you don't have to rest to often. I combined a priest with Painful Interdiction with Brute Force and Threatening Presence on my barb. That way you can debuff your foes' fortitude by more than 40 every encounter. That's the only way Brute Force is worth taking that I know of. But this way it works like a charm. Your barb will cut through mobs like there's no tomorrow. You can still use Jolting Touch scrolls now and then. Or you recruit a second barb with animancer boots and dual stilettos. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

So I've come up with either a great item and ability sinergy or this is a massive bug. I'm more or less inclined on the latter hehe.

Actually I did come up with it many months ago :) At least on forum ;)

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74074-my-fire-barbarian-tankish-build/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1645059

It count's as touch attack so a melee attack and procs carnage. Working as Intended :)

Edited by Killyox

Killyox, the post you are responding to is many months old, recently unearthed by a necromancer, it is not somebody new rediscovering your ancient secrets. :biggrin:

Your old post is from the 7th of April, the post you are responding to is from the 9th of April.

But much more interesting than whether you discovered it two days before Gullintani nearly half a year ago is whether it still works now, in September. :geek:

I haven't tried a 2.0 Barbarian, but I was under the impression that one of the later patches prior to 2.0 reduced the carnage effect from spells. Is this not the case and does the game still allow that absurd Jolting Touch abuse? :)

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

• 4 weeks later...