(v 1.0.3.0530 -Steam) Passives not working and other minor problems

Dignity

Question

Note: Did not have the problem before the latest series of hotfixes.

My character's damage reduction passives are no longer working. Saving and reloading, equipping and unequipping different gear, trasitioning maps, resting and other things I have tried do not resolve the issue.

Also the visual indicator for vulnerable strikes (glow effect on weapons) no longer works for my player character. Attached are a pair of screenshots showing the bugs in question. Please note that this is with the latest version of the Steam release of the game, and was not caused by the "double click equip" bug.

Thanks for the support.

post-151582-0-58053900-1428559471_thumb.jpg

post-151582-0-18801200-1428559472_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

Update: Just tried out the beta patch, and the reported bugs still persist in it (DR passives no longer working). Can also confrim Evange's workaround to the Vulnerable Strikes visuals does indeed work. Thanks, that's one less thing bothering my OCD now. :)

second skin only works when you are wearing armor, it doesnt work if you ate naked (it does work with enchanted clothes, not sure about unenchanted ones)

this is also logical considering the text  ' more protection WHILE wearing armor'

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

second skin only works when you are wearing armor, it doesnt work if you ate naked (it does work with enchanted clothes, not sure about unenchanted ones)

this is also logical considering the text  ' more protection WHILE wearing armor'

I'm aware, however I only had room to upload 2 screenshots out of the 7 I took displaying all 3 bugs in action. Are you to tell me that Elemental Endurance also requires armor to be active, no it doesn't but you can clearly see the big fat 0 damage reduction to cold and fire in the screenshots. I was hoping that it would be obvious enough from the screenshots what I'm implying but apparently not.

My character when not naked walks around with a 7DR light armor piece. Guess what her base DR is in that armor? You guessed it 7 not 9. Please don't take myself or anyone else who posts here for a fool. This game is so full of bugs gamebreaking and minor both, that it saps the enjoyment out of what is otherwise a really good game.