Loading time improvements and Durance fixes (that annoying piece of...). What's not to like? I suppose it's lite, but what do you expect, superpatches 1 week after each other?

Which is actually a good thing, considering that many of the changes in 1.03 was so questionable, this looks like a straight-up positive improvement in all regards. I was still hoping that they would go back on some of the changes in 1.03, but I guess that's too much to hope for.

Since I didn't bother checking the 1.0.3 notes too severly, what questionable changes would that be?

Eastern Barbican finishes instantly, but Western Barbican takes days. Wat.

Do you want to continue the main plot?

Sorry, you need to rest 6 times before you can do so. Maybe try running 3 circles around your unlocked maps?

(Why would you possible complain about that???)

EDIT:

@ RevBlue: They mentioned Prone in the list... more than once even. So, what?

Edited by Hassat Hunter
  • Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

@ RevBlue: They mentioned Prone in the list... more than once even. So, what?

its mentioned exactly once, and its about prone reduction mode,

I'm talking about prone status being permament and never wearing off (or is that the same thing and im just clueless?)

Knock Down will now correctly be applied for the full duration of the effect.

Did I read another patchlist?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Knock Down will now correctly be applied for the full duration of the effect.

Did I read another patchlist?

That seems to mean that the fighter Knock Down ability doesn't affect for the full durations its supposed to, but shorter.

Not about prone effect lasting forever

Since I didn't bother checking the 1.0.3 notes too severly, what questionable changes would that be?

Ignoring the whole memorial debacle and the perpetually offended, the most questionable changes were probably;

• The change to Slicken to be single-hit, like a damage-less prone-making short-range fireball, instead of a Hazard AoE. Yes, it needed to be nerfed, but that one change completely changes the nature of the spell.
  • The nerf to Chill Fog, making it FF AoE instead of Foe AoE, without anything to compensate. Me, personally, do not mind the actual change, since it never made any sense to begin with, but I would've liked to see it get a bigger radius or do more damage to compensate and keep it relevant. Wizards are already suffering in the whole AoE department compared to Druids, which weren't touched at all.
  • The change to CNPC Attributes due to widespread acknowledgement that the previous distribution on most of them was objectively terrible. All that was did was acknowledge that the current Attribute system has some pronounced issues; but instead of fixing those issues, they compromised the character concepts. Like, what?
Biggest ones I can think of right now. It was discussed extensively in the concerned threads. The 1.03 patch was fairly big, while 1.04 appears fairly small. At least the preliminary notes.

Eastern Barbican finishes instantly, but Western Barbican takes days. Wat.

Do you want to continue the main plot?

Sorry, you need to rest 6 times before you can do so. Maybe try running 3 circles around your unlocked maps?

(Why would you possible complain about that???)

That's beside the point. If it's something you need to do to continue the plot, they should've reconsidered it and instead opened up the route through some other means, even if it would just be "The Steward influenced the Stronghold and the path now lies open".

My complaint is specifically that the Eastern Barbican is repaired instantly and without explanation. I would have been fine with even a "The Eastern Barbican is closed and overgrown, it will take 8 hours to clear" and then a quick timeskip. Anything, really. The current implementation is jarring and it's integration into the main quest is clumsy.

Another one of those little loading screens with a little story, like the one that the game starts with, maybe; "You exit Caed Nua, and take a deep breath, wondering if

was truly driven mad by

bla bla bla bla bla after clearing the eastern barbican, you continue your journey, your goal is set; the city of defiance, the capital of the Free Palatinate, the centre of a bloody revolution - Defiance Bay...".

Just..

Anything.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

She does say they already have the funds and resources for a single upgrade and a single upgrade only; the listed one. Not good enough an explenation?

It's not exactly waved away.

• Like 1

^

She does say they already have the funds and resources for a single upgrade and a single upgrade only; the listed one. Not good enough an explenation?

It's not exactly waved away.

Hassat, come on, it's not that hard, I know you can read.

The issue I have is that it finishes instantly and automagically, and it was a comment related to a post about how there's a lot of things with the Stronghold that makes no sense.

That the Stronghold just happens to have the funds and resources for a single upgrade has absolutely nothing to do with that. I think we're all fine with it being free.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Sometimes you just need to keep things gamey rather than senseful for gameplay purposes.

As I said, there's no free resting point at the keep at that point, it's a halt in the gameplay, they wanted to introduce the keep mechanics...

I don't see it as any problem thusly not costing time while the others do...

And you say 'Anything' but when it's pointed out there is something you wave it away. So clearly more needs to be there for you then something...

EDIT:

Obsidian has the tendency to ingame explain gameplay concepts, such as XP in TSL being due to your Force Leeching, or here in PoE instantly knowing all names from people around you due to being a Watcher.

As thus, I could point out before the Awakening all NPC's should be called [unknown person] before interacting with them and learning their names. But that's just overly nitpicking the game too much, and actually doesn't do the game much good in the end even if going so far, so I don't.

Edited by Hassat Hunter
  • Like 1

^

Sometimes you just need to keep things gamey rather than senseful for gameplay purposes.

As I said, there's no free resting point at the keep at that point, it's a halt in the gameplay, they wanted to introduce the keep mechanics...

I don't see it as any problem thusly not costing time while the others do...

And you say 'Anything' but when it's pointed out there is something you wave it away. So clearly more needs to be there for you then something...

But that's just it - you don't need to keep it gamey rather than sensible. You could've just come up with a more sensible solution, it doesn't mean that you use the current system and just tack on a few days of building time like for the Western Barbican (to stick to the original example). I gave several possible solutions, none of which would require you to have a "free resting point at the keep at that point" or would cause "a halt in the gameplay".

And you didn't point anything out; you just said that the resources were there. But nothing I have said have even hinted at that being questioned. Nothing. I wave it away because it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with anything I said. Ever. There is nothing to explain this sudden automagical restoration of the Eastern Barbican at all, when everything else takes days. Whether you have the resources or not is utterly immaterial.

If you have problems maintaining the suspension of disbelief and the verisimilitude of the scenario due to gameplay purposes, you should consider reworking the scenario so that it satisfies both points, such as the solutions I proposed - or any of the countless other possible solutions. Anything else is just jarring and clumsy, and feels out of place.

The Stronghold is littered with issues like this, but the specific example of the Eastern Barbican suddenly and inexplicably repairing itself from less than one hour to the next, is probably the most obvious one.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

I was kinda hoping that they would change their attribute design, which is bad quite frankly, and remove magical prowess from might.

Also no stronghold improvements makes me sad, hopefully in the near future then...

They may well change the attribute design, but I can guarantee that might will always effect both physical and magical damage. Muscle Wizards are here to stay, and the game is better for it. :p

• Like 3

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

That's beside the point. If it's something you need to do to continue the plot, they should've reconsidered it and instead opened up the route through some other means, even if it would just be "The Steward influenced the Stronghold and the path now lies open".

My complaint is specifically that the Eastern Barbican is repaired instantly and without explanation. I would have been fine with even a "The Eastern Barbican is closed and overgrown, it will take 8 hours to clear" and then a quick timeskip. Anything, really. The current implementation is jarring and it's integration into the main quest is clumsy.

Another one of those little loading screens with a little story, like the one that the game starts with, maybe; "You exit Caed Nua, and take a deep breath, wondering if

was truly driven mad by

bla bla bla bla bla after clearing the eastern barbican, you continue your journey, your goal is set; the city of defiance, the capital of the Free Palatinate, the centre of a bloody revolution - Defiance Bay...".

Just..

Anything.

My explanation is that it is the gathering of additional raw materials to complete a construction task that takes the "3 days" -- once the materials are available, the construction completes instantly (== magically) in all cases.  This is based on several factors:

1) Most importantly, other than magic, how exactly is the steward going to do much of anything?  She is immobile, after all.

2) There is no visible sign of construction and / or construction works -- it is somewhat reasonable to believe that raw materials are delivered when you aren't looking (as the actual delivery could reasonably be assumed to take an hour or two) and the materials could be stored somewhere inaccessible to the PC, but active construction would be manifestly visible if the player is on the map while the construction is occurring. [i'm aware that the real reason that construction doesn't appear on the map is that it would be absurdly expensive in terms of developer / artist resources to implement]

3) The times given to complete the constructions tasks (1-3 days) are absurdly low -- I mean, a simple wood frame house takes several months to complete, with the aid of modern technology -- it would take 12-24 months to clear the existing structures (reclaiming raw materials as appropriate), then build the replacement structure.  Clearly, magic must be involved at some level in the construction or the time simply don't make any sense to begin with. [i'm aware that the real reason that construction doesn't take a reasonable period of time is because the stronghold would be totally useless if it did, given that you can easily complete the game in a few months of game time]

Admittedly, none of this is explained in game -- and perhaps it should be explicitly explained -- but I think the above explanation is consistent with all the lore presented in the game.

• Like 1

3) The times given to complete the constructions tasks (1-3 days) are absurdly low -- I mean, a simple wood frame house takes several months to complete, with the aid of modern technology 

And the Amish can build an entire barn in a day, without magic, or really, much modern technology.

I'm fine with the instant-fix to open up the map and allow the player to continue the main quest. Sure, there are some "realism" issues, but i'm willing to suspend disbelief and wave my hands and mutter "magic".  

--Gray

So... no 1.04 this week? I have this faint recollection of someone saying week of April 6th.

I was kinda hoping that they would change their attribute design, which is bad quite frankly, and remove magical prowess from might.

Also no stronghold improvements makes me sad, hopefully in the near future then...

They may well change the attribute design, but I can guarantee that might will always effect both physical and magical damage. Muscle Wizards are here to stay, and the game is better for it. :p

The whole Might issue isn't.. *so* grating to me, because it's entirely possible to build a pretty good Caster by just focusing on Intellect and Dexterity instead.

I prefer to think that Might is actually tied to physical fitness, and that this has some form of interaction with your soul and the power of your spells or whatever. Makes the whole thing feel like it makes a lot more sense.

If they fixed the issues with the Attributes, it would be a lot more viable to make "traditional" mages by pumping Perception, Intellect, Dexterity or Resolve, anyway.

What annoys me more in this context is really just that Robes doesn't count as Clothing, for some reason, and thus imposes that nasty -15% Recovery Speed Penalty for practically no reason - and thus any spellcaster I have will always be wearing regular clothes, bar special circumstance (...I wish the Enchanting system was better.. I'm looking at that armour of yours, Aloth).

It feels arbitrary and if I'm making a "classic" mage, I'd like them to wear robes, but... no way, why would I?

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

You have a point about robes, but I just wished they went whole hog with the soul power thing. Make it explicit that every class ability and attribute is a result of your soul's power, not your physical attributes.

• Like 2

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Patch Notes

Update from Brandon Adler:

"Just so everyone knows, I am going to start a special beta branch in Steam tomorrow so people can start playing the beta build if they would like.

I will post more info about it tomorrow, then link it to this post."

_______

No fix on Rogue's Reckless Assault ability that stacks and can't be turned off (Patch 1.03 didn't do jack for it ok...).  My rogue does 1000 dmg and gets 1 shot so I still can't play. Yay.

to say that Gromnir is disappointed regarding the absence o' a retroactive reckless assault fix is woeful insufficient to describe our feelings on the matter.  

fine.  restart it is.  currently we are looking at the beta for 1.04, and based on other developer feedback, 1.05 is envisioned as a much more substantial patch. am suspecting no less than a month will pass before a retroactive reckless assault fix is provided.  so, fine.  we can take a hint.  for Gromnir this is the line o' demarcation that divides admirable patience from stubbornly obtuse. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Patch Notes

Update from Brandon Adler:

"Just so everyone knows, I am going to start a special beta branch in Steam tomorrow so people can start playing the beta build if they would like.

I will post more info about it tomorrow, then link it to this post."

_______

No fix on Rogue's Reckless Assault ability that stacks and can't be turned off (Patch 1.03 didn't do jack for it ok...).  My rogue does 1000 dmg and gets 1 shot so I still can't play. Yay.

to say that Gromnir is disappointed regarding the absence o' a retroactive reckless assault fix is woeful insufficient to describe our feelings on the matter.  

fine.  restart it is.  currently we are looking at the beta for 1.04, and based on other developer feedback, 1.05 is envisioned as a much more substantial patch. am suspecting no less than a month will pass before a retroactive reckless assault fix is provided.  so, fine.  we can take a hint.  for Gromnir this is the line o' demarcation that divides admirable patience from stubbornly obtuse. 

HA! Good Fun!

I think I'm just going to hold off playing until 1.05 hits and hope it fixes things. I'm really not feeling the game anymore, especially since the IEMod won't be updated anymore. So I'll wait for 1.05 and see if anyone picks up the IEMod or makes something similar or better, because it's useless playing without it.

t50aJUd.jpg

Since 1.04 doesn't include any balance changes, hopefully 1.05 substantially retunes things. It would be pretty hard to ignore the biggest thread on these forums after all.

Do they even read the forums anymore? 

Sometimes, you can see some of them eyeing through threads, yes. Some prefer the echo chamber and locked locales, but there are devs that do poke their heads in, yes.

t50aJUd.jpg