bonus from tireless defender (not seeing it)

kelticpete

Question

so I bought a cloak for fighters only that ups their constant recovery.

called the cloak of tireless something,.

but I don't see it added to the active effects on his character sheet.

is it active but not showing up?

or not working?

is this a known bug?

• Like 1

16 answers to this question

Click on Constant Recovery. It should show 3 (base) + 1 (if you have Rapid Recovery) + 2 (if you have Cloak of the Tireless Defender). All values will include any bonuses from your Might modifier (i.e. 3.3 + 1.1 + 2.2, etc).

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

yeah, anything that modifies an ability will be reflected on description of the ability itself

• Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Sorry if this is necroposting but there is still a minor issue with the cloak that, if corrected, will prevent anyone from asking this question again.

On the cloak of the tireless defender, the word "Recovery" in "Constant Recovery" is clickable. So rather than getting the description for the "Constant Recovery" fighter ability, you get the description of the "Recovery" action mechanic. If you fixed this along with making sure the clickable entry lists the stats and modifiers for Constant Recovery, that should clear it up.

"Recovery" is a game mechanic. "Constant Recovery" is a Fighter-specific ability. That "Recovery" is clickable is consistent with every other mechanic tool-tip in the game. It doesn't make sense to change that for this one ability.

This is absolutely something they should sort out. Or else none of their keywords can contain parts of other keywords. I assume its script driven but this shouldn't be that hard for them to figure out though I can't blame them for not having it in the launch build. I've certainly worked around bugs like that in development when I didn't think I had time to do a more robust fix.

If they don't have the time to actually change the script to handle this sort of thing, all they'd need to do is rename the "Constant Recovery" ability to not contain the word "Recovery". Maybe Constant Rejuvenation? 

It isn't "unsorted". "Constant Recovery" isn't a key word: it's the name of an ability. 

Not a bug.

But I do love that you want to start renaming stuff because *you* can't make the distinction. Two thumbs up. 

It isn't "unsorted". "Constant Recovery" isn't a key word: it's the name of an ability. 

Not a bug.

But I do love that you want to start renaming stuff because *you* can't make the distinction. Two thumbs up. 

Did I spit in your drink or something? Whats the deal?

Recovery is keyword embedded inappropriately in this context. The Cloak of the Tireless defender has nothing to do with the recovery action mechanic. Its misleading.

• Like 1

No, it isn't. Someone considering taking the ability "Constant Recovery" may want to know what "Recovery" is and/or how it works. Hence the tool-tip. All the tool-tips work this way. You want the devs to change this because you don't like how it looks.

Get over yourself.

The Recovery tooltip has nothing to do with the Constant Recovery ability, I agree. The mechanics are sufficiently complex without adding confusing information into the mix. This is in no way crucial but this should be corrected in time.

Edited by monsieurZb

No, it isn't. Someone considering taking the ability "Constant Recovery" may want to know what "Recovery" is and/or how it works. Hence the tool-tip. All the tool-tips work this way. You want the devs to change this because you don't like how it looks.

Get over yourself.

But constant recovery and recovery are not related. Recovery refers to the time after an attack before you can start the next attack. It comes into play when looking at weapon and armor choices Which can affect the duration of recovery.

Constant Recovery is a special ability that let's your fighter continually replenish endurance during a fight.

If a player doesn't know these things when looking at the description of the cloak of the tireless defender, and he clicks on the word Recovery, he's going to think the cloak somehow helps shorten the time between attacks when what it actually does is help the fighter recover endurance points even faster than they already can.

Edited by WideAndNerdy

Ah.

WideAndNerdy wins. Apologies offered and hopefully accepted.

Maybe its a Dead post but, The cloak is bug, if i put on my Fighter Dual then on my other 2hand version the Fighter Dual still have the Cloak bonus .

Actually you can equiped then put another cloak and you get the bonus on every Fighter you have until you leave the game even on Area loading xD

Edit : Nvm after  a few more try he disapear after some Load :p

Edited by kurtd