How to change experience per level requirement

Done most (i think) quests in act 2 with double xp requirements and only reached level 6. Probably gonna get level 7 before act 3 if i do bounties and the rest of the quests. So, kind ok so far, killing ogres at od nua at level 5 was quite challenging :). The only things i don't like is that i was level 5 throughout most of act 2, and cant get enough mechanics for dyrford dungeons (might have to use scroll to raise it). On the other hand most of the fights in act 2 were made with about 5th lvl it mind it seems. :( 

Done most (i think) quests in act 2 with double xp requirements and only reached level 6. Probably gonna get level 7 before act 3 if i do bounties and the rest of the quests. So, kind ok so far, killing ogres at od nua at level 5 was quite challenging :). The only things i don't like is that i was level 5 throughout most of act 2, and cant get enough mechanics for dyrford dungeons (might have to use scroll to raise it). On the other hand most of the fights in act 2 were made with about 5th lvl it mind it seems. :(

+100% exp requirement?

That might be kind of extreme.  Think you'll get to level 9 before the end of the game? ;)

IE Mod 4.11 (windows):

hex changes at offsets: 2D97B and 2D98B

IE Mod 4.12 (windows):

hex changes at offsets: 2E01B and 2E02B

Huh.... why would my offsets be different than yours?

I have 2E010 and 2E020.

Also,

Thanks!

Edited by Valsuelm

IE Mod 4.11 (windows):

hex changes at offsets: 2D97B and 2D98B

IE Mod 4.12 (windows):

hex changes at offsets: 2E01B and 2E02B

Huh.... why would my offsets be different than yours?

I have 2E010 and 2E020.

Also,

Thanks!

I believe we're both looking at the same locations, but you have to add the row and column (0B) to get the actual location offset:

Untitled-dfgdfg.png

2E010 (row) + 0B (column) = 2E01B (offset)

2E020 (row) + 0B (column) = 2E02B (offset)

Offset is just the number of bytes from the beginning of the file.  The fact that it's in hex is only because we're looking at binary data in hexadecimal (base 16) format, so it makes sense to do so.  Although you can change the offset base in HxD, I never saw a reason to do so.

:D

Edited by Daemonjax
  • Like 1

I don't really see the problem with the huge amounts of xp.

My whole party was max level, but the 3 companions I left behind at the stronghold were like level 7, even when I sent them out to every adventure I could

I suppose the extra experience is to level everybody to max, in case you'd want this.

I don't really see the problem with the huge amounts of xp.

My whole party was max level, but the 3 companions I left behind at the stronghold were like level 7, even when I sent them out to every adventure I could

I suppose the extra experience is to level everybody to max, in case you'd want this.

Well, yeah, that's why it's a mod... so it's optional.

The game plays more naturally for me at +50% exp requirements.

Not sure why your other guys were at level 7 specifically, but it would be cool (imo) if I couldn't level everyone to 12 in a single playthrough for re-play value.

Edited by Daemonjax

+100% exp requirement?

That might be kind of extreme.  Think you'll get to level 9 before the end of the game? ;)

I was a bit 'overleveled' when i changed the requirements, so i needed 15k exp to reach level 6 but for 7th i need 12k. I didn't do leaden key quests, dyrford, any bounties, and searing falls yet, so i think i will. :) Never reached act3 yet though, so if there is little xp there it might be harder to pass skill checks and win fights...

Just completed Act I (completionist style) on hard, modded with +50% exp per level requirement:

Main character has 10380 experience.  I'd need 15000 exp for 5th level.  

So, currently, I'm one level behind where I'd normally be.  That'll be 2 levels behind when I reach level 10 (would normally be 12).  On hard I'd normally just rush through to pick up all the companions early, ignoring all side quests, but I didn't do that this playthrough because it felt wrong trying to clear caed nua at level 2.   I needed to save/reload too much for my liking (the fight in the great hall required some luck and I only won 1/3 of the time).  Normally I'd hit level 3 in the courtyard, even without sidequests, which made caed nua a breeze.

So far, I'd say it's a better game modded this way.

This is awesome. I was waiting for 1.5 before I gave PoE another go but now I am tempted to return early. I'm doing a first play through of IWD though and loving it so probably not :D

Let us know how the rest goes

I think xp issues may be caused by the bonus for each missing companion (below 6) being increased from 5% to 10%.

In 1.00, I entered Gilded Vale and hired Eder before he had a chance to learn Weapon Focus: Ruffian or Defender.

In 1.03, I only did one minor quest before going to Eder, and I'm already level3. I'm level2 upon entering Valewood.

I think xp issues may be caused by the bonus for each missing companion (below 6) being increased from 5% to 10%.

In 1.00, I entered Gilded Vale and hired Eder before he had a chance to learn Weapon Focus: Ruffian or Defender.

In 1.03, I only did one minor quest before going to Eder, and I'm already level3. I'm level2 upon entering Valewood.

The XP issues were already pretty big pre-1.03, but 1.03 certainly made them worse. It's extremely annoying that I have to fill up my party as soon as possible just to avoid getting too much experience. It also appears impossible to get Edér before lvl 3 now, which is.. frustrating.

Although maybe not impossible, actually, but I'd have to walk straight out of Cilant Lis, I guess.

t50aJUd.jpg

Someone should just upload a +50% xp required mod to nexus.  I don't feel like messing with files and hex code myself. :p

Here's mine for +50% exp req if using  IE mod 4.10 (windows):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32777109/Games/Pillars%20of%20Eternity/Assembly-CSharp.dll

Awesome, I'll have to try that one. Although IE mod has been updated since then so it may not work. Y'know, if +50% feels right (which it sounds like it would)... you might talk to bman about just putting that into IE mod as another checkbox toggle. That way it'll automatically stay updated with the mod. :)

Someone should just upload a +50% xp required mod to nexus.  I don't feel like messing with files and hex code myself. :p

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32777109/Games/Pillars%20of%20Eternity/Assembly-CSharp.dll

Awesome, I'll have to try that one. Although IE mod has been updated since then so it may not work. Y'know, if +50% feels right (which it sounds like it would)... you might talk to bman about just putting that into IE mod as another checkbox toggle. That way it'll automatically stay updated with the mod. :)

Yeah, a toggle for that in IE mod would be ideal. Maybe even a slider between 0 - 100 if he's able to do it.

It bothered the hell out of me so since I was using IE mod, I went ahead and used the "addexperience" command to add -1000 experience and thereby let me pick up Eder/Aloth/Priest/Chanter at level 2. I rushed past everything and avoided all combat to do it, but things worked out pretty well. My plan is to give myself negative experience enough to grab Druid/Ranger/Cipher at lv3 and proceed to play normally from there.

Yeah, a toggle for that in IE mod would be ideal. Maybe even a slider between 0 - 100 if he's able to do it.

I would love something like this. 

Pacman has a temp mod for ie mod that offers two experience table options (one is +50 exp required, the other is exponential increase):

http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/55/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fpillarsofeternity%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D55&pUp=1

... it looks like it will be incorporated into ie mod soon. 

Pacman has a temp mod for ie mod that offers two experience table options (one is +50 exp required, the other is exponential increase):

http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/55/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fpillarsofeternity%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D55&pUp=1

And suddenly, IE mod is the definitive POE mod. In before it drops SCS level scripts. :p

And suddenly, IE mod is the definitive POE mod. In before it drops SCS level scripts. :p

Suddenly? IEMod has been the definitive PoE mod since before the game was released. :lol:

t50aJUd.jpg

Suddenly? IEMod has been the definitive PoE mod since before the game was released. :lol:

Yeah, I know. Just trying to hype it up a bit. :p

Question for anybody using the adjusted xp value mod from Nexus. I'm assuming the value shown on the character sheet should be ignored? At level 1, I have 0/3 showing for the next level.

Well, it looks like the adjusted formula is off. After 1 fight, I'm up to level 3.

Edited by View619

I didn't test Pacman's changes, so I don't know if they're actually working properly or not.

Here's my modded dll file (ie mod 4.12 - windows; +50% exp req) in case anyone just wants to use that:

Many thanks, the values are matching up with what I expect now.

Edit

Following up to say that the progression feels much better than the base game. I can never go back.

Edited by View619