So.. I'm sitting here by my computer chilling, drinking some rom + coke and playing PoE (20 hours in). It's 4.00 am in the morning in Denmark..

This game is outstanding!   :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

I just want to thank Obsidian for creating such an exiting RPG. And to IGN and other critics whom's thoughts on this games graphic design sounds something like "outdated, old, 'not-3d'... - just stop.. 

- The Art work (scroll-cut-scenes-stuff) is simple and well done

- Interface UI is superb

- The 2D level design merged with 3D elements is beautiful.

Actually the graphic and atmosphere is a lot better than in many top-down-3D RPGs. 

With so many games these days, everything seems the same..... PoE is the first games in years that I feel I actually WANT to keep playing.

It's an indescribable feeling to suddenly feel so interested in a single-player-game again, like I did when I was a kid.

I thought that was impossible, guess I was wrong  :dancing:

Thx Obsidian, amazing work!  :yes:

• Like 17

I have very similar thoughts on the game, especially the 2D renders being absolutely gorgeous. The storybook style cutscenes are also very nice and I definitely prefer it over any form of 3D animation. However, I have a minor issue in that some of the companions (Kana, Aloth, and Grieving Mother come to mind) look almost nothing like their character portrait and feels very low quality because of it. 

• Like 1

Du sidder simpelthen en Onsdag nat og pimper Rom og cola? :D Haha, anyway, jeg har også spillet i omkring en 22 timers tid, og det er fandme et fantastisk spil, selvom der er nogle få elementer der irriterer mig :p

(haha der var lige en bundsjat rom tilbage)  :w00t: 

Haha.. Well, I don't have anything to do tomorrow and this game just makes me keep playing... Besides I have to make a lot of gold to upgrade my Stronghold :D:D So better get going, mining and looting :p

• Like 1

I have very similar thoughts on the game, especially the 2D renders being absolutely gorgeous. The storybook style cutscenes are also very nice and I definitely prefer it over any form of 3D animation. However, I have a minor issue in that some of the companions (Kana, Aloth, and Grieving Mother come to mind) look almost nothing like their character portrait and feels very low quality because of it. 

Yeah... Kana is just weird.. Even though their portraits doesn't quite fit, I still think is somewhat OK. I think Aloth is pretty nice, but kana is just terrible.. Mby I just dont like the character :D haha

Just went from liking it to just loving it tonight. Won't give any spoilers, but after my fourth restart, trying to find the right char, and having clocked 43 hours according to steam, the story has finally hooked me in a big way. For a long time I really wanted to love it, and I could clearly see that all the ingredients were there in terms of gameplay, art and story. But I still felt I had to work at it. But today, while questing and killing Beetles, Spiders and Bears outside of Dyrwood, it all just clicked. Haven't felt this way about a game since BG2. Thanks Obsidian!

ps. Rødgrød med fløde

• Like 1

- The 2D level design merged with 3D elements is beautiful.

Actually the graphic and atmosphere is a lot better than in many top-down-3D RPGs. 

The further I get into this game, the more I'm in awe of just how fantastic it looks.  For example

Cliaban Ralig

, which is amazing to behold.

• Like 1

cosign, game is amazing. I am now at 113 hours lol, coming down to the end. Soaking in every little thing the game has to offer hehe. Well done Godsidian!

• Like 1

This game has ruined my life in one week. I don't eat or drink, exercising is dead to me, I've stopped talking to my friends, I skip work, I never sleep. Damn I hope Obsidian never puts out a game like this again. I'm addicted.

In all seriousness though, yes it is an amazing game and I love it to bits!  :dancing:

• Like 2