[BUG]Permanent blinded icon...

almostdead

Question

21 answers to this question

This blinded icon didn't disappear after resting...though it has no real effect

Hi Almostdead,

Do you remember what triggered the blinded icon to appear? Such as fighting an NPC or some sort of trap. Thanks!

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Hi Almostdead,

Do you remember what triggered the blinded icon to appear? Such as fighting an NPC or some sort of trap. Thanks!

Personally, i ran into this during a fight in which a blind spell was cast, i used the priest spell that delays enemy effects, and the fight ended before my spell wore off. After this, everyone who had been hit, specifically grazed so they all say .5x duration, retained the icon.

• Like 1

I have the same issue.  I have disabled every trap so it must have been cast on me in a fight in the Temple of Wodica.  I was fighting the group in the southern most room.  5 of my 6 party members show blind, some show (graze 0.5) and it won't go away.

Camping

Resting at an inn

Travel to pass time

Kick from party and rejoin

I am having the same issue, I do't remember what fight triggered it but it won't go away, and like the OP said it doesn't seem to have any effect. Apparently it's just an icon that won't disappear.

Same here - happend after fighting in the ground floor of the Lighthouse in the harbour - one character even had two blindness icons, but after reloading only one icon remained. Still I have three characters (including the main character) with the icon...

Hi Almostdead,

Personally, i ran into this during a fight in which a blind spell was cast, i used the priest spell that delays enemy effects, and the fight ended before my spell wore off. After this, everyone who had been hit, specifically grazed so they all say .5x duration, retained the icon.

exactly, i used that priest spell too

Edited by almostdead

I just got it on edgar during the endless paths quest. I think I was on level 7 or something like that. The one with the elementals all over the place.

Is the icon just there or am I also suffering the status effect itself? Because if it is just the icon then that is merely annoying. If it is the actual status effect then that's a problem.

I can't really tell. His job is mostly to just stand there eat the pain in any case. Anyway... just letting the devs know, this is an issue.

I have this too (found this thread via forum search), and I believe I had the same or at least a very or a similar sequence of events to TreebeardTheEnt.  I used "Suppress Affliction" in a one recent fight, and while I can't pin the onset of the stuck icon to that fight with certainty, it was surely close to that time.

Details: game = v1.0.3.0530, GOG version, OS = Linux Ubuntu 14.10

(Brief aside to the devs: thanks so much for making this game.  Best RPG in ages.)

I have the same, though was with another effect (I think was the maggots from the druid spells)  the former  eventually dissapear or become "surpressed" but the blinded  remain.

Similar to other people, got after battle were multiple spells were casted and the priest spell that  suspend was casted as well.

Bump. Happening to me as well. For me it's a fight in the lighthouse. The "Blinded" icon shows up, and as far as I can tell my characters aren't actually affected - but the icon will not go away. I did use Suppress Affliction during that fight.

am recalling having this happen to us frequent in the beta.  is a particular battle in which a foe could hit us with a searing seal spell... an odd spell as it counts as a trap, yes?  anywho,  after the battle, the blindness icon would remain and on our character record sheet the effect would be greyed as "suppressed."  however, immediately 'pon entering combat, the blindness would again become active.  

is sad to see (no pun intended) that this legacy bug remains.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Happened me too in the lighthouse--4 party members, including the main character. It went away for companions after a few rests and/or reloads, but the main character still has the blinded icon next to him.

if it helps any, the only character I had this happen to (Pallegina) also had a problem with her damage reduction score being -2.  that happened after putting her in my keep for  few days, and if I had my dr aura on my main paly going when I pulled her out, she got that.  once I forgot to turn it off, dragged her along for a while, and then realized it... and I just gave up and wasn't willing to backtrack for hours.  So, she has a permanent -2 to dr now.

also, at the time the permablind status happened, she was wearing several items that all gave pierce resistance, and the extra items that gave pierce resistance were noted as "suppressed" in the character details page.

blind is not noted as supressed; it just shows the icon.

this is still release version, 1.02, so it's definitely not a bug that was introduced in a recent patch.

Edited by Ichthyic

Hi Almostdead,

[1.04 -steam]

I was in the catacombs, chapter 3, going after the bounty..

First run through, the "combat" didn't want to end - had a few (ineffective!) priest spells going to counteract the negative spell affects like paralyzed and blind - everything was dead but the spell was still cycling and there were no countdown timers on the neg effects (fear & paralyze).

-reload-

Second run through, same fight, things seemed to work as they should but now I noticed my main char has what I will now call the blind-icon bug.  Resting, reload, restart doesn't help.  It was a spell the NPC cast on the party.  And I did activate a trap while in combat?  I didn't place any traps and there were no traps so it must have been a/that spell Gromnir mentions...  :(

Edited by Cybersquirt

I'm also experiencing this issue.

I got in a fight with some Ogres, and one of the Ogre Druids cast a spell on my entire party. I used Suppress Affliction to keep my squishies from dropping due to the AoE damage, and after the fight, 2 characters had the "blinded" status stuck on them.

I fought another group of ogres much later, after resting several times, and a THIRD character now has the "blinded" status stuck. Same set of events - Ogre Druid cast spell, used Suppress Affliction, status stuck at end of battle.

It's worth noting that my two front line characters a) have enough Endurance to survive the spell the Ogre Druid was casting, and b) were far enough away from the squishy characters that I couldn't hit everyone with the Suppress Affliction spell radius. So, both times, the two front line characters suffered the hostile spell effects, but didn't receive Suppress Affliction, and neither one has gotten stuck with "blindness".

It's not showing up on the Character Sheet under "Active Effects", and Aloth is still finding traps before I waltz through them, so it doesn't SEEM to be actually affecting the gameplay, but still.

I'm having the same issue as Xinxspuz - Got into the fight with the ogres in the cave (the one that there was a bounty on), including one Ogre Druid.  The Ogre Druid cast a spell on the party, blinding several characters. I used the 'Supress Affliction' ability of the paladin to temporarily get past the fight, and when the fight ended, 2 of my characters still had the 'blinded' icon indicating they were still blind. I rested, changed maps, and rested again, but the 'blinded' indicator remained. After saving the game, exiting the game (out to the main menu), and restarting the game with 'Continue,' the 'blinded' icons still remain. If you oprn the character sheet, however, there is no indication of the condition being applied to the character. It appears as if the game is not checking/updating condition flags correctly for the indicator icons, but is updating the actual conditions. It is somewhat annoying/confusing to keep seeing those 'blind' indicators all the time.

Edited by Mark L

This still happens, running 3.01 and Durance has a permament "Graze - 0.5x raw damage" now. It happened in a REALLY buggy fight, where the new soulbound wand was dominating enemies, several of my party, including Durance, became confused and turned red, and that raw damage was likely inflicted by the souldbound wand.

Some really weird ****.

this isn't fixed.  my solo chanter now gets any and all afflictions permanent on him any time an enemy hits him, of course this is game-breaking.  prone, for example, means perma-prone.

I believe this happened when an emeny paladin got confused-charmed by the new pirate hat and suppressed afflictioned me.  Also, by the way, anytime an enemy gets confused, possibly confused-charmed by the hat, they start regenning really fast.  Gamebreaking when a dragon gets it; essentially you cannot fight a dragon with the pirate hat or you will lose.  But it is bugged against all enemies that way, if they get confused-charmed by the hat, they start regenning.

it seem i have same problem but in much worse scenario: If i get prone; daze; blinded; stuck afflictions during combat, they stay on me until combat ends with no timer. I can't cast invocations but strangely my phrases are working (during Prone), so it was not much of a problem for me. But now some afflictions even carry after the combat!! and I can't risk now to play on my solo chanter. is there any solution>?

Below I am sending Screen Shots of above mentioned bug. "Bug1" is the latest one, got those afflictions during fight with ciphers and some  animated weapons. 

post-193380-0-78052300-1518710882_thumb.jpg

post-193380-0-56055900-1518710889_thumb.jpg

post-193380-0-62538500-1518710893_thumb.jpg