The armor that Eder starts with has an ability called Second Chance, but I haven't been able to find a description of this ability anywhere (manual, forums, wiki, tool-tip in game). What does this do?

• Like 1

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

Revives you from Knock-Down , thats actualy OP i always take this armor from Eder and put it on my Custom NPC Tank early in the game and it serves me for very long time and when my tanks get better armor for tanking i just move this 2nd chance to some other character in party 

yup, the game has an instant check to see if all party members are unconscious.  if they are, you're dead.

seems fair enough to me, since there's nothing that says that the second chance ability is instantaneous (though it kinda is in practice).  game only checks if everyone is unconscious.

I doubt seriously they will change that.

• 3 months later...

Spoiler!!!

(Use highlight to see body of text.)

There is a set of Second Chance FINE PLATE available about halfway through the Endless Paths, if you are adventurer enough to take it from the (mumble) that is wearing it.

dreamrider

Spoiler!!!

(Use highlight to see body of text.)

[...]

Given that there's no guarantee that people reading this is reading it on the same background, changing the colour is a pretty bad way to hide spoilers.

I suggest you use actual, y'know, spoiler tags.

t50aJUd.jpg

considering that this portion o' the board itself has a hard-to-miss spoiler warning, we wouldn't get our panties in a bunch over how spoilers is actual handled.  y'know?

in any event, we tend to use a second chance item for our priest, particularly in difficult battles.  given how low is priest endurance/health, they is one o' the classes most susceptible to wtf death situations.  for an all-priest party we built a priest tank with a 20 con (edit: were 21 con. go figure)  dwarf and his health and endurance were still laughable.  more important, no doubt many has encountered the situation where everybody in party gets knocked out save for the tank who hits 'bout as hard as being licked by a kitten?  get level 5 spells and placing second chance gear on a priest has the potential for transforming a reload into a win.  regardless, our tank is least likely to die unexpected and our priests is a bit squishy, so keeping heals upright fits with our particular philosophy.

eder's starting gear armour has second chance (oops, spoiler.  HA!)  and it offers a nice balance o' dr and recovery speed considerations given how early it is available in the game. durance or custom priests get saint's war scale almost immediate for us. as noted above, there is excellent plate armour that has second chance, though you gotta use an aggressive resolution to a dialogue to start a fight with the armour's owner... or you gotta reach level 9(?) of endless paths before you finish the critical path portion o' the game that takes you to heritage hill. regardless, the plate armour is, for Gromnir, better suited to a tank.  the second chance plate also provides a +2 to lore if we recollect accurate.  lore skill is, ironic, most efficacious for high accuracy characters such as fighters and monks.  

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

There is also a ring that confers Second Chance. It can be bought in Ondra's Gift from Cartugo, in front of the Vailian trading coster.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I only really have two gripes relating to Second Chance.

• Like most things in the game, it's not explicitly explained what it does; in the case of item "powers" or effects, well yay, no information at all. How does Retaliation work? What is Spell Holding? Asked the player. F*** you, wouldn't you want to know? Said the game.

• Specifically Second Chance is very powerful, especially for tanks or healers, and you get an armour with it more or less straight of the box, immediately when you meet Edér. I like Edér's special armour, but it's a bit of another issue with itemization; you find that armour, and then you hold onto it for most of the game.

considering that this portion o' the board itself has a hard-to-miss spoiler warning, we wouldn't get our panties in a bunch over how spoilers is actual handled.  y'know?

{...]

Well, yeah, Strawnir, but if the objective on his part was to hide spoilers, it only seem appropriate to point out to him that there's a better way, regardless of whether this is a spoiler-free section of the forum or not, no? He probably didn't even know that there are spoiler tags.

There is also a ring that confers Second Chance. It can be bought in Ondra's Gift from Cartugo, in front of the Vailian trading coster.

Stupid question, the answer is probably no, but has anyone checked to see if they stack?

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

so, while the advice were unnecessary in the given context, your post were meant to be helpful in future instances?  we could see that, y'know, if you had shown the guy how to use the spoiler tag and if you had been, y'know, helpful as 'posed to snarky.

[spo!ler] text that offends luck's delicate sensibilities [/spo!ler]

replace "!" with "i"

perhaps dreamrider actual already knows how to use such, but y'know, at least you would be helpful rather than a just a guy who don't know logic fallacies or how to read dictionary definitions.

as an aside, second chance appears (appeared?  haven't tried in recent patches and every time the game is patched, things... change.) to be limited to one per encounter as we did not see a stacking result with durance donning both saint's war scale and an additional second chance item. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)