That is uncalled for, even with a user that posts rude questions.

Well i was guessing, it´s still silly. And i stand to my opinion ;)

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Unless they also have an unusually high opinion of both PoE and young people, that seems unrealistic considering the last sentence?

• Like 1

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -Marcus Aurelius

Well one reason for asking that's not mean is:

What if the person asking is very young and looking at getting into programming or game development.

Good point, but then he/she could explain it and not answer with a "Im not here to answer why I just want to know" and expect help. Also, again, this is very easy to look up on for the most part.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Well one reason for asking that's not mean is:

What if the person asking is very young and looking at getting into programming or game development.

The ending comment "It would explain a lot" would tend to contradict this.

For those of you commenting on people jumping to the devs' defense, I ask you to re-read the OP. If you can interpret this as anything other than either condescending or a troll attempt, then please feel free to elaborate. This is why I left the link to the list of Obsidian staff members. The OP can look up the info himself.

• Like 1

Well, let's take a look at some ways this could be interpreted.

"Are there a lot of younger and newer people that are involved in designing and creating this game ?

It would explain a lot about how refreshing the gameplay is while maintaining the standards of quality we're used to from Obsidian games."

"Are there a lot of younger and newer people that are involved in designing and creating this game ?

It would explain a lot about how Obsidian was able to reach out to a modern audience with a game based on an older engine."

It would explain how they managed to capitalize on newer devices like Kickstarter in order to create a game that many publishers would find too risky to develop."

And so on.

Yes, you could interpret his comment negatively. But there's plenty of other ways to do it as well. Please try to take posts at face value, and don't read too deeply into them. As we can all see, making unfounded assumptions (how do you even read tone out of such a short statement?) leads to a spiral of negativity and zero help for the new person.

• Like 1

Let me help you out OP. The game was made by a bunch of young guns. Having a crack at them computers! 

This is a live stream from Obsidian, they're currently making the PoE expansion

univaccbs-4e712c9-intro.jpg

• Like 2