I'm actually asking a question .. I"m not here trying to be rude or obnoxious or stupid.. I'm seriously wanting to know if a lot of younger people were involved in making this game..

younger meaning after BG1 BG2 IWD

Edited by Mdalton31

I'm actually asking a question .. I"m not here trying to be rude or obnoxious or stupid.. I'm seriously wanting to know if a lot of younger people were involved in making this game..

younger meaning prior to bg1 and bg2 and iwd

Read my above post.

You're acting like those are old games. They aren't. An old game is Ultima: Underworld, Wasteland, etc.

And while you say you're not trying to be obnoxious, your original post is set-up in a way that makes me and others believe you want to know "who is responsible for this crap?".

Edited by Bryy
  • Like 1

Alright, I'll bite. What did you mean by "It would explain a lot" then?

• Like 1

Im not here to answer why I just want to know

Alright, then it's perfectly reasonable for everyone to stick to the obvious interpretation that you were being derisive in your original comment. And you are thus being rude, despite your claim otherwise.

Cheers

• Like 3

Alright, I'll bite. What did you mean by "It would explain a lot" then?

Also, explain "younger and newer".

You're acting like young people or new employees are, to put it bluntly, stupid. And that's rude. Younger players are not incapable of playing let alone enjoying games that were made before they:

a) were born.

b) discovered them.

c) all of the above

Just like a video game company employee is going to know what they are talking about.

While I'm sure there are employees at Obsidian well below 40 (I mean, come on, let's be real here), to assume that the reason you personally do not like the game is because of some vague definition of younger people that you yourself can't define is really, really lame.

Hey, I remember being banned from NeoGAF for saying as much in a PoE thread.

Edited by Bryy
  • Like 1

The Director is Josh Sawyer. Tim Cain is credited with "Additional Design". Both are industry veterans.

And as I recall, Avellone celebrated his 42nd birthday or something last year, right?

But to answer the OPs question in the terms that we, at least at this moment, have from him: no, there are no 17-year olds working at Obsidian. Let alone in Lead positions.

Edited by Bryy

On one hand, I can see why people would immediately jump to the conclusion that he's being mean.

On the other, the immediate inquisition and lack of helpfulness is kinda frightening.

I went to the staff page and clicked a bunch of random names: Most of them seem to have been around to work on older IE games, suggesting that they're mostly in the early 30's (at youngest) to mid 40's (at oldest).

So, no. Not a lot of younger and newer people were involved in ths game. At least not by my exceptionally small sample size and questionable research standards.

• Like 1

On one hand, I can see why people would immediately jump to the conclusion that he's being mean.

On the other, the immediate inquisition and lack of helpfulness is kinda frightening.

Indeed. To be honest, this unhelpfulness and aggression makes me feel like we've entered some kind of new age on this forum. An age of dragons, perhaps? I certainly didn't expect this!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -Marcus Aurelius

Indeed. To be honest, this unhelpfulness and aggression makes me feel like we've entered some kind of new age on this forum. An age of dragons, perhaps? I certainly didn't expect this!

Almost feels like an Inquisition against anyone who questions the devs.

I don't know what the Origins of this aggression is, but it's a Blight on the forums.

I went to the staff page and clicked a bunch of random names: Most of them seem to have been around to work on older IE games, suggesting that they're mostly in the early 30's (at youngest) to mid 40's (at oldest).

So, no. Not a lot of younger and newer people were involved in ths game. At least not by my exceptionally small sample size and questionable research standards.

If he is not trying to be mean, of satisfying his superior complex with this stupid question. (which is me guessing of course) Then he is just plain stupid. Considering it´s very easy to find out who works on this things, a google search does it. Also, IF you want to know something, you should be able to support your question with a why you want to know it. Then people could help him out.

Example: "where there a lot of young people in the production? BECAUSE i feel the writing is very influenced by...etc etc"

Answer: (propably) "No, but we need to take the current market into consideriation because....etc etc"

Pretty easy :p People will be helpful if your second answer isnt "demand answer"

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

If he is not trying to be mean, of satisfying his superior complex with this stupid question. (which is me guessing of course) Then he is just plain stupid. 

That is uncalled for, even with a user that posts rude questions.

• Like 1