Rogue or Cipher + Grieving mother, means breaking hard mode?

Having a Cipher or Rogue melee as a main character and the grieving mother in group, is going break to break the difficulty of the game (hard)? I read that ciphers are OP and i fear to ruin the difficulty of the game, but seems like rogue are really good too at damage, so before picking one of them im curios to know this. thank you all in advance.

Edited by helmino

Double Ciphers hits like a truck, yes. It won't break Hard mode entirely, but I hope you're not going to bring that to normal. They'll rip and tear.

You think that it become more easy with a melee cipher with grv mother than a melee rogue with her? maybe going for only crowd control and no damage spell on her can contain the opness? :p

Edited by helmino

Double Ciphers hits like a truck, yes. It won't break Hard mode entirely, but I hope you're not going to bring that to normal. They'll rip and tear.

You think that it become more easy with a melee cipher with grv mother than a melee rogue with her?

Ciphers are probably the most powerful among classes in the game right now. They have skills with huge damage, huge CC, and charms that can take over a group of enemies for 10+ seconds leaving them defenseless while you can hack away.

Try having two fighters, a PC fighter and Eder, both with that defensive fighting talent and the +1 engagement talent. Between them, they can lock down up to eight enemies, leaving the other four party members untouched. They won't rip and tear like having a PC cipher + Grieving Mother, but you pretty much won't die, either.

Those annoying teleporting shadows are still annoying though, but you can counter them by leaving one of your fighters (Eder or your PC) with the squishies so when the shadows teleport, your fighter will lock them down. That's right, with a small change in tactics, even shadows aren't an issue when you have two fighters.

Try having two fighters, a PC fighter and Eder, both with that defensive fighting talent and the +1 engagement talent. Between them, they can lock down up to eight enemies, leaving the other four party members untouched. They won't rip and tear like having a PC cipher + Grieving Mother, but you pretty much won't die, either.

Those annoying teleporting shadows are still annoying though, but you can counter them by leaving one of your fighters (Eder or your PC) with the squishies so when the shadows teleport, your fighter will lock them down. That's right, with a small change in tactics, even shadows aren't an issue when you have two fighters.

thanks forthe insight, but i prefer picking up a rogue or cipher and stick to pre generated character, regarding my question what you think? if i keep mother only for CC it break it anyway? as for rogue instead?

I mean, hard is pretty much a walk in the part after Caed Nua anyways -- and it's only hard before you finish Caed Nua because there's no way a party can be resilient enough to breeze through the mess of phantoms that are thrown at you that early.

If you want to use Grieving Mother, use her! She's a great companion story-wise and Ciphers are, in general, fun to use.