Quick Switch talent + ranged weapon = no Recovery Time

bleakcabaler

Question

Switching weapons right after shooting with ranged weapons allows player to skip the Recovery Time of ranged weapons.

1. Get the Quick Switch talent

2. Enter combat.

3. Shoot with the ranged weapon and pause immediately afterwards before Recovery Time activates.

4. Switch weapon.

Result: Recovery Time gets skipped and you only have to wait 0.5 sec for  weapon switch.

7 answers to this question

Hi Bleakcabaler,

If I am understanding you correctly yes, its a valid strategy to quick-switch between multiple range weapons. We have a QA member who plays like this in his all gunner group playthrough. :)

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Hi Bleakcabaler,

If I am understanding you correctly yes, its a valid strategy to quick-switch between multiple range weapons. We have a QA member who plays like this in his all gunner group playthrough. :)

But this allows to completely skip the weapon's Recovery Time which I thought was a major balancing tool for high damage weps like guns? E.g you can switch between 2 arqeubuses endlessly and have no Recovery Time, only shoot and reload, which pretty much doubles your damage output.

Anyway, if it's an intended strategy and not an exploit I'm completely fine with that, though it should propably be mentioned in Quick Switch description.

I don't have quick switch on any of my companions, I cannot test and see if it really removes the recovery time. But for crossbows and and firearms, you will have to reload them even after switching weapons. Not sure if it actually benefits bows users though.

Edited by aolpk111

I don't have quick switch on any of my companions, I cannot test and see if it really removes the recovery time. But for crossbows and and firearms, you will have to reload them even after switching weapons. Not sure if it actually benefits bows users though.

Bow doesnt have a reload time, only recovery time, so with this exploit and 2 bows you can shoot every 0.5 sec. Yeah,  this is clearly a bug.

Hi Bleakcabaler,

Skipping reload is different than skipping recovery time. Skipping reload is a valid tactic. Skipping recovery time is probably a bug.

t50aJUd.jpg