How many skillpoints in each skill? (Possible Spoilers)

I am lead to believe it possible to manipulate random drop by loading another save than reloading position before looting.

From what I understand of these things the first time you enter an area it generates a seed that is then used to determine random loot for that area. So if you enter an area containing a chest / stash with random loot assigned and then save the game, that seed is saved to your game such that it won't matter how many times you reload after having that seed generated, all the loot will be fixed.

So the only way to save-scum random loot is to create a save game prior to entering the area in which the container exists and then entering the area, clearing / stealthing your way to that container and open it, if it doesn't contain your item, reload the game. 

Edited by Koth

Most important skills are mechanics, lore and athletic.

Stealth is really nice though for positioning purpose, but other than that it is not needed. I would say 3-4 stealth is quite fine.

Then, 2-3 atheltics, but you can up it for skills check. Highest atheltic check I had so far is 5, but I suspect you need more than that later in the game.

10-12 mechanic and lore. 

And finally, 3-4 survival.

That's my suggestion!

I am lead to believe it possible to manipulate random drop by loading another save than reloading position before looting.

From what I understand of these things the first time you enter an area it generates a seed that is then used to determine random loot for that area. So if you enter an area containing a chest / stash with random loot assigned and then save the game, that seed is saved to your game such that it won't matter how many times you reload after having that seed generated, all the loot will be fixed.

So the only way to save-scum random loot is to create a save game prior to entering the area in which the container exists and then entering the area, clearing / stealthing your way to that container and open it, if it doesn't contain your item, reload the game. 

It worked for me, different loot was generated unless my mind is playing trick on me, that is why I mentioned it. Trying it is worth minute.

I found the gloves of manipulation directly across from the cell holding that prisoner in the dungeons under raedric's hold.

look in the cell opposite his, or the next one down, for a secret stash.  they are in that stash.  I have found them there, every time.

see this map:

http://game-maps.com/PoE/Map-Raedrics-Hold-Dungeons.asp

at "3" is where Giacco is, and not the cell directly opposite, but the one just down from that one, there is a secret stash.  the gloves are there, guaranteed.

if you would have read what i wrote before, you could have concluded, that it isn't necessaritly guaranteed...

they are not there, at least not always!

it is just a random drop.