498 members have voted

1. 1. Which god did you side with, at the very end of the game?

• Woedica/Skaen (feed the souls to Woedica)
    • Rymrgand (destroy the souls)
    • Galawain (feed the souls to the Dyrwoodans)
    • Wael (scatter the souls)
    • Berath (return the souls to the cycle)
    • Hylia (return the souls to the hollowborn children)

Had to go wtih the Grieving Mother on that one.

Which tells us nothing because the Grieving Mother's opinion is influenced by our previous interactions with her.

which is wrong because if you unlock her full story you would know what I am talking about .

Had to go wtih the Grieving Mother on that one.

Which tells us nothing because the Grieving Mother's opinion is influenced by our previous interactions with her.

which is wrong because if you unlock her full story you would know what I am talking about .
Maybe you could be more specific and tell me what I missed?

I was upset we had no option to break the last machine, or somehow 'turn the gods off'. Maybe in the sequel...

And what would you accomplish by that? People all around the world consider the gods to be a very important part of their lives. Simply turning the gods off, with all their divine power, with all the blessings they grant their followers, might not be a wise idea. 

There's no divine power. They're just sharing their soul-power. They're not gods; they're Engwithan constructs designed to incarnate Engwithan prinicples and ideals. Destroy them, free everybody from the chains of Engwithan control.

You forget that people believed in gods long before the Engwithans came up with this brilliant idea. 

People would make up new gods and worship them. Or maybe just keep worshipping the old ones (even if they die like Eothas). After all, one does not have to believe everything some bloke from the street says. And if gods fall silent, it's not like people will stop praying to them. Some will, but in the end faith is it's own reward for many. Especially since we are talking about a setting where your own conviction can make you stronger and change the world around you (paladins, priests).

Yeah, but these aren't natural generated gods. It's like if I designed a computer AI, called it Jehova, filled with the teachings of the Westboro Baptist Chuch, and told everybody this is God and you have to do what it says. They're just constructs; their philosophies and ideals given form. ENGWITHAN philosophies and ideals given form.

There's no gods here. It's just a long-dead empire trying to impose their concepts of what's important on future societies.

Destroying these artificial, fixed, unchanging gods would allow people to evolve and modify/invent new gods. I'm not saying they would all be enlightened atheists. But imagine if we were still stuck with, say, the gods of the Aztecs.

• Like 1

i prayed hylea but i choosed berath for the ending, sending the souls to a "restart" was the best option for me and my neutral character. i was also curious to see what hylea would do about my betrayal.

she send those (weak :fdevil: )  feather dragons burn people, what a mad goddess... would have loved to take my revenge over her (and collect those nice dragon part to enchant all my weapons with superb enchants :devil: )

i tried the hylea option right after just to see what it does : hollowborn childrens still alive wake up with a soul and a lot of mother gives birth the foollowing year, not that bad :yes:

I chose Rymrgand.

Only way for those souls to find peace, an endless cycle didn't seem attractive. Similarities could be drawn to say buddhism and letting the souls be destroyed would be achieving a sort of nirvana. The ending cutscenes seems to indicate as to the fact that choosing Rymrgand isn't in any way inherently evil. Besides, strengthening the other souls according to Galawain's wishes seemed far too fascistic. 

But I do agree that it would've been cool if you could somehow destroy the pantheon. Set the people free from the Engwithan controlling constructs.

Returned them to the wheel so they can have a new life. For me that was the best solution, i also didn´t side with any god because i didn´t trust them, thus also avoiding any revenge.

I got pretty much all the good endings, despite GM, just because i helped her when she asked me to remove that pain from her she is now sitting on a damn stone waiting forever for people to not come. That really filled me with rage lol

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

First game, PotD, normal companions. Appeased all the Gods (including hiding the scroll for Wael), but pledged to none. Allied with house Doemenel.

Banished Thaos' soul.

Fed souls to the Dyrwoodans.

Extremely happy with my choice, as this ultimately ended good for Pallegina, in spite of her ignoring her orders. Only companion I really liked.

Durance did not commit suicide. Aloth became leader of the Leaden Key (dunno if he always does this).

Eder, for some reason, decided to worship a dead, fake God again (wtf)

The final battle was lucky. Thaos had 1 circle (or whatever it is) of health left, everyone had died except Kana, Aloth (who was bugged... no status affect, but couldn't move or do anything, not even after the battle...) and a Drake Kana had just summoned.

Got an extremely lucky diceroll and Kana hit with his gun. Thaos dead.

Now I'm gonna do one more run with a custom party and then I'm probably gonna leave this game alone.

Wael- because my character was a scholar always looking for answers. I felt by send the souls out into the ether, with no one knowing where they went, gave my character a new quest to embark on - finding where the souls went. I also felt like by sending them away it gave no god an advantage over the others, keeping a harmonious balance. I like the possibilities this opens up in expansions as the souls could manifest in so many different ways. 

One other thought I had about this. I had the Orlan baby from Hearthsong with me when I released the souls. The final slide even makes a mention of the fact I had the baby with me. What if all the souls somehow went into this child? That would be interesting and my character being the scholar he is would love to find out what would happen as a result.

I just hit Act 2 with my Priest of Eothas and starting to look towards the ending, I'm beginning to wish there had been an additional option - The ability to restore Eothas.

The Gods were created by the energies of thousands of souls, right? Surely it could be possible to restore him to power, resurrect him somehow, with all the souls stored inside that machine... After she learns why Eothas started the Saints War, my Priestess would do everything in her power to restore him.

• Like 3

Galawain - strenghten the living ones was the only right choice from the list. I would love to restore Eothas if it was possible.

BTW - I accepted Skaen offer and got another boon. Didn't knew it's possible to have 2 o.O

It's not... I tried getting boons from all of them, but the new ones removed the old ones.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Think about how many parents abandoned, killed or simply couldn't manage to keep alive their Hollowborn children. Just because they didn't have the money or the strength of will to deal with something like that. Think how emotionally and psychologically shattered they would be. Then you come in and send all the souls back and all the Hollowborn still around just wake up and become normal children again. Thats wonderful for them and their parents. But what about the parents from before? Its just about the worst things you could ever do, these people will never recover from that.

Nobody told those parents to kill those children. If they have guilt its rightfully so. They made a decision, now they must live with it.

• Like 1

First game, PotD, normal companions. Appeased all the Gods (including hiding the scroll for Wael), but pledged to none. Allied with house Doemenel.

Banished Thaos' soul.

Fed souls to the Dyrwoodans.

Extremely happy with my choice, as this ultimately ended good for Pallegina, in spite of her ignoring her orders. Only companion I really liked.

Durance did not commit suicide. Aloth became leader of the Leaden Key (dunno if he always does this).

Eder, for some reason, decided to worship a dead, fake God again (wtf)

The final battle was lucky. Thaos had 1 circle (or whatever it is) of health left, everyone had died except Kana, Aloth (who was bugged... no status affect, but couldn't move or do anything, not even after the battle...) and a Drake Kana had just summoned.

Got an extremely lucky diceroll and Kana hit with his gun. Thaos dead.

Now I'm gonna do one more run with a custom party and then I'm probably gonna leave this game alone.

Edér can be made to become mayor of Dyrford instead, quite good at it too. I think it relates to telling him to put behind the gods after the big reveals, probably?

Anyway, Hylea and Berath seem like they essentially the same. The thing with Hylea's solution is that it will both have major beneficial effects (newborn, existing fetuses and relatively young children can adapt and awaken), questionable ones (older children may be messed up) and bad ones (parents who recently put their hollow children out of their misery will feel terrible). In choosing between those two, you really have to decide if Hylea's advantages outweigh the drawbacks and if you want to do Berath's quest.

I can see the pragmatic side of Magran's and co.'s plan, but she already deceived my main man Durance and I fear what will become of the souls after they are used as interpersonal lubricant. Rymrgand's proposal is weird since he himself says that entropic death will come to all eventually, so would it for these souls so no need to hurry.

Anyway, I don't see how killing a hollowborn is unlike not keeping a child with anencephaly alive (strong images folks): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anencephaly - the children are not alive in any sense but a biological one! And has been known, in-world, for years that there is no real cure!

Edited by Yenkaz

I chose Woedica because I believed that Thaos and the Engwithans were correct in creating the Gods to decrease the level of religious strife in the world, even if it was an imperfect solution. Woedica represents the status quo, which is something I agreed with. I think left unchecked, the pantheon without Woedica would allow animancy to grow to a point where kith would rediscover how to create Gods. Then we'd be left with an even worse situation where nation states would got to war in order to sacrifice their enemies to create new Gods. That world is even more horrific than the world without Gods and a world with a limited and restricted Pantheon. I was overall disappointed that I could not completely side with Thaos. Though I was happy that I was able to massively **** over Iovara as I considered a naive idealist.

Edited by Holofaust

I chose Hylea because my character felt sympathetic toward the suffering parents. The Galawain option was intriguing though: would that mean there would be fewer fractured souls in the future? I couldn't tell if that would be the case.

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I promised Berath I'd return them to the cycle, which makes the most sense to me (I don't like the idea of returning damaged/traumatized souls to people...), so I did. A promise is a promise and I didn't like most of the other choices all that much.

I almost went the route of returning them because Eder obviously wanted that, but oh well, sorry Eder.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In my game, I chose to keep the souls, becoming a god myself. I then proceeded to destroy all the false gods, until all were gone. I then returned all the souls to the Wheel, and re - established the natural state of existence again.

I hope the XP is this - where as the God-Watcher, you have to penetrative each God's realm and kill it. Then at the end you have to decide what to do.

I now no longer take this route, but instead kill Lady Web at the last possible time and quietly go crazy in my Stronghold as all the other "options" change nothing.

I chose Hylea because my character was good and cared about the suffering of the mothers. Since nothing was said in the ending about wichts or the former hollowborn being traumatized, I assume that no wicht received a soul and the former hollowborn didn't have any problems. For me it seemed that Berath was just trying to convince me. If they were damaged, why would they be any better after going through the wheel? Don't remember anything explaining that. Let's see in the sequel if I'm right.

The fact is that the gods were all selfish. They wanted to gain more followers, strengthen their followers (Magran, Galawain and Abbidon are the most worshipped in the Dyrwood) or do something related to their portfolio.

Restoring Eothas would be cool, but would he want that? Maybe in the sequel his followers find out the truth and try to recreate him. I'd certainly want to know how they "programed" the gods with their portfolios.

And what did Magran mean with "prepare them to face the challenges that will follow"? Is something worse about to happen in the Dyrwood?

Edit: The wiki says "Though parents of Hollowborn would remain just that, the end of Waiwen's Legacy would bring about a spate of new, healthy births, with many of the infants bearing souls once meant for Hollowborn children. " So some souls don't spend much time in the wheel.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_endings

post-111143-0-14744000-1429591534_thumb.jpg

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 2

sign.jpg