Is the bonus deflection from items (for example +5 Reflex glove ) stacking with bonus deflection from abilities (for example +10 reflex from chant "Blessed was  wengridth")? I am asking because I would have expected that deflection from different sources should stack... However, In-game tests showed that they don't, so I'm not sure if it's a bug or a normal behavior.

Identical bonus types do not stack.  If you go into your character screen and look at the bonuses your items are giving you, you will see the ones that are "suppressed" and can adjust your party's equipment to minimize overlaps.  It's not something the game really explains very well.

@Atheosis, you misunderstood the question.

@Hebruixe, I'm not sure if you referred to the same situation like Atheosis which is not what I asked. In case you didn't, this is weird behavior isn't it? I mean I understand that they shouldn't stack if from the same source (like several items providing the same type of deflection, only the best should be taken into account), but from different sources (items, spells, chants etc) it does not make much sense.

I noticed this as well but forgot to report it. Pretty sure it's a bug. Equipment will suppress other equipment, and abilities/buffs will suppress other abilities/buffs. Buffs shouldn't suppress equipment, though. I'd report it in tech support if I were you.

I even noticed resting bonuses suppressing item bonuses.. I should've taken a screenshot of that.

Though I did cycle through my characters. I had a rather large resting bonus (Dragon's Lair, +2 con +2 might + 2.. something), and it seemed to suppress items that gave lower than that. But items that gave more (say, +3 might) weren't suppressed, nor was the resting bonus