Endless Paths Bug

Joralin

Question

Hello,

i hope this is the right corner ofr the forum for my problem.

I left the fortress through the wooden door where and moved into the "endless paths" dungeon.

My group had to rest and i had no supplies left, so i moved up to the "Mearwald" area.

The first strange thing was, that Mearwald - and anything else i killed before- was there again.

When im going to the "fortess-area" now, the wooden door is closed and i cant get out.

Is this bug known and is there any way to fix it or "cheat" myself out of the dungeon?

6 answers to this question

my guess is your area map(s) in your saves got corrupted. only non cheat option would be to clear the map again. as far as for cheating out of the bug (if your party is to weak /exausted to carve their path out) i think there is a travel console comand to go to another map. but you would need to clear that levels again after as that wouldnt restore your area files

not sure if its against the policy so i wont link, but quick google search should give you those commands

ass far for opening the wooden doors, i think you just have to exit the Mearwald level trough the stairs after the spider queeen.

Edited by Khalid the bear

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

Well your right, i used "easy" mode and killed the spider queen. After that i was able to get out of the dungeon.

But this didnt fix my problem at all - i cant klick on the servant in the fortress and the door is still closed.

Im just on the other side of the door, now i cant get into the dungeon again.

Somebody know a way to get that door open? Otherwise i have to begin a new game.. 

try deleting the area files fromyour save (just open yor save game in zip, and find the correct file name on the net) if your still stuck try using console comands or something

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/