Bug entrance Endless path

Vorok

Question

16 answers to this question

I'm encountering exactly the same issue. Have just completed Cliaban Rilag and have returned to Caed Nua - the first time I've been since I first completed the Maerwald quest which gives you the stronghold.

But the game is registering as though as I've never been there. The ghost appears outside the keep door saying "You can't kill the villagers" or whatever, I go inside and one of my characters says something scripted about the throne. I can even collect the Whispers of Yenwood sword again! But I can't interact with the steward and the door is barred.

Something's up. It's really annoying as I was planning on exploring the levels beneath and now I seemingly can't!

ive had something similar, but i can get in through the door by the chapel a trip to lvl 5 gives this

https://imgur.com/qjY4tJu

i think it may be an issue with save state overwrites or patching, possibly something to do with completing quest steps in the wrong order

im pretty sure its a bug given i previously was able to visit the endless path numerous times and nothing had respawned, try checking other dungeon instances and see if anything else has reset, i noticed the bug initially while doing dyrford quests

Same here - I was able to get to Endless Paths level 6-7 originally after beating Maerwald the first time (or whatever his name is), can't recall if I got to level 8, then left to quest in Copperlane. Came back with a new party member, some construction completed - most recently, the dungeon. Hired a few troops for the keep too. 

Got the same as above: statue unresponsive, door closed when it used to be open, ghosts reappearing. I even managed to find my way back down into Endless Paths via the side entrance on the grounds. I collected Whispers of Yenwood again, just like the user above. All enemies are now reset in Endless Paths, fog of war restored. I even fought and easily beat Maerwald again, and got a duplicate ability from the encounter. 

http://i.imgur.com/IP1y95O.jpg

I have the same problem. The door to the dungeons is locked, the statue cannot even be klicked on, the ghost in front of the keep entrance reappears. Seems like the Caed Nua quest reset itself, though I still can repair buildings and the guards I hired stand around in the courtyard.

It's very dissapointing not to be able to explore the Old Paths though. Could someone address the issue? Like Covalency, I also encountered the bug first after doing quests in Dyrford.

Vorok, can you explain how you fixed the issue? Did the patch work for you?

I've patched the game, and while the door to Od Nua is now open, I'm still not able to click on the Steward, and Maerwald came back to life.

More alarmingly, once I'd istalled the patches, all areas on the map became unexplored and all mobs were respawned, and I'm now getting XP for exploring these areas.

I even got the Death Godlike bounty spawn at Magran's Fork (and I'm not sure it's supposed to be there at this stage of the game, seeing as I haven't built the Warden's Lounge yet).

Interestingly enough, quest information and logs have remained unaltered; and area alterations, such as all stronghold upgrades, and the lighthouse tavern, haven't (fortunately), rolled back to their former states.

I would appreciate any information you might have on a woraround for this, since I have just completed a prolonged play session that lasted an entire day (doing tons of quests), and I am dreading the prospect of having to restart from an earlier save.

Hello, Intertio.  Could you please upload a saved game and output log to Dropbox and post a link here?  That will enable me to take a closer look at your file and get to the bottom of this.  In the mean time thank you for your patience and support on this issue!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello, riggers.  I'm sorry for your inconvenience.  Make a backup of your saved game and download the patch on Steam if possible to see if the newest version of the game fixes the issue for you.  If it does not please upload a saved game and output log to Dropbox so that I can download it and take a look.  Thanks for your support!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/