[Graphical glitch] Pollaxe not being held by character's hand

AndreaColombo

Question

ISSUE:

When a character wielding a pollaxe enters their combat stance, their left hand (which is supposed to hold the pollaxe from underneath) actually stays above the weapon, looking weird.

SCREENSHOT:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmv6rbuaxq1apl3/PillarsOfEternity%202015-04-08%2020-11-29-38.jpg?dl=0

TO REPRODUCE:

Start a new game with a human-build godlike (haven't tried with other races, though I guess the bug may be reproduced with any race).

Equip them with a pollaxe.

Enter combat, pause, and zoom in.

Observe that the character's left hand is above the pollaxe and doesn't touch it, instead of holding it from underneath as it should.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

9 answers to this question

Can still repro with patch 1.4 (but can't seem to edit the thread title to reflect that).

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Not sure if 1.5 fixed this (I'm not installing it until the IE mod is made compatible) but as of 1.4, the estoc appears to incur a similar issue. Here's a screenshot of Kana wielding one: Screenshot.

Repro steps are the same as in the OP; just have a character wield an estoc instead of a pollaxe (preferably—but I guess not necessarily—Kana.)

are they still doing compatibility updates for the IE mod?

Yup.

1.5 was pretty big so it's taking a bit longer.

The pollaxe issue described in the OP is still present after applying patch 1.5.

The same is true for Kana's estoc-wielding offset issue described above.

Additional issues:

SAVED GAME: link

(This saved game can be used to repro Kana's estoc-wielding issue as well; just kill a random person in Defiance Bay to enter combat and observe how Kana's left hand doesn't quite touch the estoc's hilt.)

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Go to your inventory.

Observe that the protagonist's head is a much darker/greyer color compared to the complexion on the rest of her body. Screenshot

From your inventory, select Sagani.

Observe that Sagani's head is a much brighter color compared to the complexion on the rest of her body. Screenshot.

From your inventory, select Hiravias.

Observe that Hiravias's head is detached from his body. Screenshot.

NOTE:

The level-up screen generally makes these issues even more obvious as it provides a closer view of the character models.

Thanks everyone, this issue has now been reported to the team. Keep up the good work!

You mean these issues? ;)

Thanks everyone, this issue has now been reported to the team. Keep up the good work!

You mean these issues? ;)

Yes, haha. I reported it as two separate issues. Looks like the estoc one is only an issue for the larger Aumaua race, while the pollaxe one happens for all humanoids. 

• Like 1

Do you have a ticket for Hiravias's head as well? The poor beheaded orlan deserves some love :)

Thanks a lot for this, cRichards :)