All you paladini out there, what are your thoughts on this ability? I initially thought it would be great for a tank oriented paladin but I am finding the damage negligible. Does it scale with level to make it more meaningful as the game goes on? I cant imagine pinging enemies for 2 fire damage in late game potd will matter at all. Im starting to think shieldbearer would be the better tank. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks for the reply Eubatham. I decided to go shieldbearer and am finding the lay on hands deflection buff to my paladin much more helpful for tanking than the minor fire shield. I am curious to hear if other people were more successful with darcozzi than myself.

I tried Darcozzi out and it is indeed just too weak, not worth a talent. Even with Scion of Flames, which isn't really a good talent for tanking, doesn't make its damage good enough.

Personally I don't think any of the Priest or Paladin Deity/Order specific talents are worth taking, except maybe Skaen for the sneak attack which is quite strong relative to everything else which are really weak 1 spell/rest and not worth casting most of the time anyway.

For priest, Magran is decent for +10 arquebus accuracy. Wael can be also used for quaterstaff/rod i suppose, but looks much worse overall. Skaen is not that bad either, but his weapons are bad. If Skaen was getting pretty much any ranged weapon it would be an auto pick.

For Paladin, +10 deflection for party when using flames is not bad for shieldbearers. Darcozzi +10 accuracy on liberating exhortation is quite good. I suppose Kind Wayfarers can be used as some weird type of healers, they don't scale well though.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Thanks for the reply Eubatham. I decided to go shieldbearer and am finding the lay on hands deflection buff to my paladin much more helpful for tanking than the minor fire shield. I am curious to hear if other people were more successful with darcozzi than myself.

Oh, right, sorry I was talking about the Flames of Devotion buff. 

For my last PoTD 6 man run (hard mode) in which I try to don't abuse split pull/pathing tecniques I'm playing with 2 hard tanks, more or less ;)

One is the quite standard fighter 0 dps with dump str/dex, even if right now I think you can avoid this kind of min/max if you are used to PoTD enough.

Second is a Paladin based on the shieldbearer feat himself.

10 str

10 con

3 dex

15 int

max perc/resolve

I went for hearth Orlan, since he can still make a good use of helms and if u want to have that OPPA OPPA moon godlike I think he's better suited for the main tank (btw I'm playing with 2 orlans, I just love those cute races :p)

15 int it's a bit strange, but I'm trying to use it has another buffer for the team AND decent int has a good sinergy with the + deflection lay of hands feat.

I still think that has an off tank you can be less focussed (aka have more DPS) with more hybrid/aggressive builds but let me say that I have honestly no problems tanking big encounters while I focus on ranged DPS.

If you try lay of hand, just remember to avoid improved lay of hands, that feat is useless since it's very low value! 

It sucks and you need Vunerable Attack to make it work, but even with VA it seems not worth the investment.

The best thing Darcozzi order gives is it's +10 accuracy buff, which last quite long, around 30 second with high INT. Pre-1.03 patch you can even pre-buff youself and teammates with it, which is quite strong. Sadly now it's Combat-Only :(

Edited by dunehunter