Shacknews interviews Feargus U. who "hints" at a possible BIG Patch 1.05. KS Backers get early entry to the 2 expansions.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/89004/obsidian-ceo-discusses-pillars-of-eternity-its-early-success-and-its-first-expansion

Excerpt:

"Urquhart fully recognizes that even though the game is out there, there is still work to be done. That includes upcoming patches, with Urquhart noting that 1.05, in particular, set to introduce some quality of life improvements. This includes allowing players to change portraits, balance tweaks, and other adjustments based on player feedback."

"...What it looks like we're going to do, because this kind of expansion can take a while, we're going to split the expansion into two parts. It's going to be one full story that will go from part one to part two, but it's going to be two parts and anyone from Kickstarter that contributed will get both parts. They'll get the full expansion, but the best part is that they'll be able to play it early. We should have an announcement coming up soon."

My wishlist:

• Make the game harder (Act 2 & 3).
  • Balance the classes and weapon types
  • Less bugs
  • Stronghold buffs (e.g. resting bonuses, loading times, make it feel more alive, more quality of life improvements across the board)
  • Reduce XP gain (make getting level 12 an achievement)
  • Better AI. Harder encounters. Make it tactical. 
  • More higher level enemies (lv.12, hell make some level 13 monsters for ****s and giggles).
  • More Monk-specific glove items
  • Actually, re-balance the entire unique weapon/armor system. Make those enchantments on unique weapons/armor UNIQUE and super powerful like those seen in BG2. 
  • Rebalance the skills in the game. Make Survival, Stealth, and Lore more worth it. 
Edited by TrueMenace
  • Like 14

Calibrating...

fangirl squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am praying - praying - that those quality of life tweaks include an adjustment to stronghold mechanics, such that rebuilding happens over Turns, and events happen over Time.

Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 5

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Yeah.

My wishlist:

• Stronger resistances and, perhaps, immunities. How do you blind or knock down an ooze, anyway? -- This would make encounters a lot more varied as we'd need to vary tactics a lot more. As it is, anything that Blinds or Prones is way too universally useful.
  • XP rebalance so it's not so easy to over-level.
  • Enchantable hats. And a haberdashery where we can buy them. And outfits. And a properly tintable Vailian outfit. And a pony.
  • Truly unique items like <<that one item>> and <<that other item>> should be way more powerful. Powerful enough that you might want to build a character just to use them. Think Crom Faeyr, not Flame Blade +2.
  • Is it me, or are bows kind of meh right now?

Also very keen to hear more about the expansion.

• Like 8

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

" It's going to be one full story that will go from part one to part two, but it's going to be two parts and anyone from Kickstarter that contributed will get both parts. They'll get the full expansion, but the best part is that they'll be able to play it early. We should have an announcement coming up soon."

Can't remember if this was promised in the original kickstarter campaign, but if not, it's certainly a nice gesture. Wouldn't mind an opportunity to make another pledge to get a super special edition of the expansion.

Edited by Prime-Mover

Mine:

• Less cheap, smarter AI. Seems the only truly hard fights right now are when you are hugely outnumbered and/or the enemies pack the party with clerics that spam heals and that stupid OP pillar spell. Less of that crap.
  • More benefits from skills. If you want to restrict leveling make leveling mean more because, frankly, right now spending skill points feels like a total waste of time. Say, a discount on spell learning from lore or a bonus to store prices from mechanics, or a bonus to attacking frozen/fallen enemies from stealth.
  • More meat on the stronghold's bony carcass.

My wishlist:

More fancy dresses. And miniskirts. +1 Miniskirts that gives bonuses to cipher charm. Yes, even if the cipher is a man. 

• Like 6

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

My wishlist:

More fancy dresses. And miniskirts. +1 Miniskirts that gives bonuses to cipher charm. Yes, even if the cipher is a man.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

MOAR PRETTY HATS AND OUTFITS!

• Like 5

http://www.shacknews.com/article/89004/obsidian-ceo-discusses-pillars-of-eternity-its-early-success-and-its-first-expansion

Excerpt:

"Urquhart fully recognizes that even though the game is out there, there is still work to be done. That includes upcoming patches, with Urquhart noting that 1.05, in particular, set to introduce some quality of life improvements. This includes allowing players to change portraits, balance tweaks, and other adjustments based on player feedback."

My wishlist:

• Make the game harder (Act 2 & 3).
  • Balance the classes and weapon types
  • Less bugs
  • Stronghold buffs (e.g. resting bonuses, loading times, make it feel more alive, more quality of life improvements across the board)
  • Reduce XP gain (make getting level 12 an achievement)
  • Better AI. Harder encounters. Make it tactical. 
  • More higher level enemies (lv.12, hell make some level 13 monsters for ****s and giggles).
  • More Monk-specific glove items
  • Actually, re-balance the entire unique weapon/armor system. Make those enchantments on unique weapons/armor UNIQUE and super powerful like those seen in BG2. 
  • Rebalance the skills in the game. Make Survival, Stealth, and Lore more worth it. 

Half your list is just different ways to make the game harder.  I'm near the end and have reached level 12 and I get it to a degree.  The bounties in particular offer absurd amounts of xp when they really shouldn't since they already award the player with gold and often a unique item.  I also do think some enemies later on are undertuned (Adra Animats do literally no damage for instance), but if they go too far with it a lot of people will be unhappy.  I think some xp should be scaled back (bounties especially) and some enemies need buffs.  I hope they don't do more than that.

Also general weapon, armor, class balance would be great as long as they don't nerf a bunch of stuff.  I really dislike nerfs in single player games.

My wishlist:

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

MOAR PRETTY HATS AND OUTFITS!

lol, your icon was perfect for that one. 

Edited by KingNee

My wishlist:

Kilts!

Kilts are not revealing enough if you're a leg man. 

Agree with pretty much all the suggestions.  My personal main request that's unlikely to be fulfilled is to get the monk wounds mechanic implemented as described during development.  It's ineffective and boring right now and the original design was beautiful.

• Like 2

My wishlist:

Kilts!

Kilts are not revealing enough if you're a leg man. 

The point of a kilt is not in what it reveals but how it becomes. Then again, I think that of all attractive clothing.  :wub:

The KS promised the expansion (at certain levels). The decision to split the expansion in two is recent. It's nice that Feargus clarified that backers will get both parts. Not that I expected anything less.

Wizard spells go up to level 10, right?

sonsofgygax.JPG

Definitely agree with the difficulty adjustments, at least on POTD. Not liking what I've heard about the lack of POTD difficulty past Act 1. It just looks like Acts 2 & 3 haven't been tuned properly.

Edited by View619

I think they should redesign and "limit" the crafting system, if not for the base game then at least for the expansion.

It's imho very anticlimatic to be able to craft EVERYTHING from the start without having certain requirements, without having to find recipies and without having to own certain tools or being at a certain location for the process. It's imo one of the elements in the game that feels the most "gamey" and unimmersive and that's not a good thing. Please put more thought and care into this fearture, Obsidian. Make it part of the world and the lore, not only a functionality that exists only for its own good without any integration into the rest of the game.

I also think weapon and armor crating in particular is too generic and too confusing. It doesn't help much if you can attach 5 or 6 different bonuses to a simple weapon, having a ridiulously long weapon description that makes it really hard to compare different weapons. It would be better if we could only craft or improve SOME weapons that are probably already legendary/unique (think Carsomyr with Eye of Tyr or the Flail of Ages). You were attached to those unique weapons and gear back in the days while most equipment in Pillars feels generic and random IMHO. I wish there would be a similar system for Pillars. It's imo a step back from how the Infinity engine games dealt with the topic.

• Like 3
35167v4.jpg

I think the wording there is quite confusing. I'm assuming (maybe wrongfully?) that he means that kickstarter backers who backed the expansion will receive both parts, not that everyone who backed the kickstarter proper will receive it?

Otherwise, it would seem I wasted 20 bucks on the expansion?

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0