Pillars of Eternity map question

http://www.indiedb.com/games/pillars-of-eternity/images/map

Is this the actual global map of the game where the game content is? Or is it just an art drawing of what the world is in a mind of designer and those locations are actually not existent in current game release? The actual map in game only has a content around the defiance bay and a bit east. So game has like 10% of the locations of the above picture... I am on Act 2 only, but if game has only 3 acts this fancy map above, even though it has "Pillars of Eternity" stuck on the bottom doesn't represent an actual game locations. Somebody tell me that I am wrong and game is actually goes across all those fields and locations as on a fancy map...

Edited by Shepard

The game takes place in the Free Palatinate of  Dyrwood - but there are frequent references to other places, and plenty of characters from them as well. 

So you are correct, the game does not occur over the whole map per-se. 

Edited by Gallenger

Game has deep lore within and some of the areas(which where you cant travel) are memorable and perhaps we can see more locations later (expantions, sequals). Also that map shows only one colonized land ( Eastern Reach). We know very little about the origin lands of the "kith people"

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

That map is to place the game's own map in context: Aedyr, a very important place for the history of the Dyrwood, is overseas, but some of the other important players are right there. (It's hard to worry about a war between the Valian Republics and the Dyrwood if you think they're across the ocean from each other.)

But no, that map is not itself limited exclusively to places you can visit in the game. Nor would it be that interesting if it was.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

I guess my main concern was that map doesn't represent an actual available content. References to places are ok, but I was kind of excited after I saw the map, that the game is huge. I am still enjoying it of course. Doing all the tasks and side quests. Looking forward to expansion.