I had no problems whatsoever finding ingredients in this game. usually any time I wanted to place an enchantment on my gear I'd hit the enchant button and then choose the enchant and the screen would show that I had like, 16 of something that I only needed 1 of. lol

The only exception to this is when you hit level 12 and you want to add 'superior' to your weapons and armor. Yeah, there's where you hit the roadblock, since you need Adra Dragon scales. And there's only one place in the whole game where those can be had (that I've found at least).

This is about seeing how well the kickstarter community interacts with the developers and the rest of the consumers. And I am surprised to see the opposite, instead of discussion, there's censorship, fear. It's a new business model, people are examining what will happen. What are the shortcomings of the system... is it as expected or where's the gaps...

Wait, wat? Who's censoring you?

This is about seeing how well the kickstarter community interacts with the developers and the rest of the consumers. And I am surprised to see the opposite, instead of discussion, there's censorship, fear. It's a new business model, people are examining what will happen. What are the shortcomings of the system... is it as expected or where's the gaps...

Wait, wat? Who's censoring you?

He's probably not used to people disagreeing with him in real life, or he's a troll. Crying censorship or bringing up the First Amendment are two telltale signs. I don't think he's a troll, just someone used to getting his way in real life.

I'm not as sure that I have the community on this, but I loved Baldur's Gate because I liked the story - Josh Sawyer said this is a game for people who like reading.

I love the slow discovery of the the Archfoozle who I still don't know what he's up to.  It's a lot like BG ONE which pulled my head around a few times (you only learn that that Sarevok is the antagonist late in the game, and don't understand his motives until even later).  I don't enjoy the open games as much because I miss the feel of an all-important main quest; they aren't games 'for people who like reading'.  I don't know if you're the target audience for this kind of game Nasdaq; I really hope that they keep that main plotline central to the experience.

Bye bye! Yourself. I'll see what's in the latest patch thank you!  :facepalm: 

So, less calling it quits and more a dramatic attempt to convince Obsidian to redesign the entire game to your preferences in the next patch.

No kidding. A lot of drama queens on this board.

I'm pretty sure that this simply isn't the right type of game / series for you, as I suspect that a large number of backers would consider many of the changes you are requesting to be "in the wrong direction" (e.g. make the game worse).  It sounds like you are looking for something closer to Bethesda's open-world RPGs (Skyrim and related games).

Nothing wrong with that, but that's simply not the game that Obsidian set out to make, so it isn't uprising that the game fails to meet your expectations.

Well said.  I was not a backer and never heard OF POE until I heard some on suggest it on the DAI forum.  POE knows what it is and will have a reliable loyal following that will grow over time.  

Take some constructive suggestions and criticism. Man. Show some toughness. Be tough. Be open-minded.

I'm merely suggesting, open up those 2 areas. There is a bottleneck in the game. That's all I am saying.

"He means the two specific gatings that happen in the entire game: between Act 1 and 2 (defiance bay), and between Act 2 and 3 (twin elms). "

I believe you...​ everything you have said.

Instead of thanking me, you attack me.

I could have quoted the first post and answered point by point all your complaints and suggestions but I feel this one sums it up: Arrogance.

This is the way YOU would have liked the game to be, not everyone's. Most backers would feel betrayed if the game were to be done according to your expectations. This is absolutely not what was advertised during the kickstarter campaign. The arguments you are bringing are not objective facts they are an opinion. I certainly don't want less quests and shorter main plot, and I'm pretty sure this would be detrimental to the game and I wouldn't be the only one to complain about it. I don't want cities turned into battle grounds, I don't want quests to be kept to a signe city and I want to explore in order to solve them. So yes "Zig zagging across huge maps" is part of what many of us paid for, and guess what we even have people complaining about the maps being too small.

Next, how can you say that we can't tell the main quest from the others? Everything is sorted in the journal: main quest objectives in the upper bracket, side quests in the middle and minor quests at the bottom. As for the names too numerous for you to remember, same answer: everything is noted in your journal (provided you didn't disable the option), hell you can even write your own notes...

Now to the "more factions, more unique items, more merchants etc...", you realize this is not an AAA game right? It doesn't have unlimited funding.

Edited by Kimuji
  • Like 2

I could have quoted the first post and answered point by point all your complaints and suggestions but I feel this one sums it up: Arrogance.

I posted all these message to understand what contributions kickstarters give to a software project, to understand the dynamic they bring to software development. And I can see quite clearly the dynamic.

What I would like to note is that I have changed my mind -  my suggestion to include sieges and siege craft might not be a good idea, because it might make the game too static, not dynamic enough, perhaps only assault ladders during a siege.

I feel a little more danger is needs to be added to gameplay, for example the lions in the wild is exciting and fearful but the game pauses, so the danger element is lost somewhat.

The fear of being surprised or overwhelmed by an enemy.

Perhaps the "pause option" can be one of the skills chozen by the player - that will allow battles in the game to be more dynamic. Then those that love that skill of pausing and arranging troops, can pick that skill if they want to, they can pause the game to arrange their troops and tactics, to arrange and plan battles.

Edited by Nasdaq7

I posted all these message to understand what contributions kickstarters give to a software project, to understand the dynamic they bring to software development. And I can see quite clearly the dynamic.

What I would like to note is that I have changed my mind -  my suggestion to include sieges and siege craft might not be a good idea, because it might make the game too static, not dynamic enough, perhaps only assault ladders during a siege.

I feel a little more danger is needs to be added to gameplay, for example the lions in the wild is exciting and fearful but the game pauses, so the danger element is lost somewhat.

Perhaps the "pause option" can be one of the skills chozen by the player - that will allow battles in the game to be more dynamic. Then those that love that skill of pausing and arranging troops, can pick that skill if they want to, they can pause the game to arrange their troops and tactics, to arrange and plan battles.

Auto-Pause is entirely optional.

IE style game without pause? Now this is official. It's a troll. A good one, indeed, but troll.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I failed my Will check and couldn't resist... And If there are calls for global moderator... Let's call it quit and end this topic.

Edited by Nanakamado

"Go where the others have gone, to the tenebrous limit

for the golden fleece of void, your ultimate prize

go upright among those who are on their knees

among those turning their backs on and those fallen to dust"

Zbigniew Herbert, Message of Mr. Cogito

If you can't contribute anything except money, then just move on. Leave the professionals to discuss things. Can you program? When did you play your first role playing game? For me it was 1988. Companies like Strategic Simulations Inc.

It was before you were born...show a little MANNERS and RESPECT for people. 1 out of 20 messages posted are professional.

Edited by Nasdaq7

If you can't contribute anything except money, then just move on. Leave the professionals to discuss things. Can you program? When did you play your first role playing game? For me it was 1988. Companies like Strategic Simulations Inc.

It was before you were born...

1986. I was three. I didn't complete it, of course.

First RPG I beat was a console game. First crpg? Castle of the Winds, 1988.

Edited by Katarack21