How to approach issues of sensitivity

BG4eva

Are you saying that the LGBT community in your area actively discriminates against you? If that's the case then I can understand a bit of your hostility toward them, but then aren't you doing the same thing to them? That seems like a vicious circle.

There is no LGBT community in my area. Gay people kicked them out when they wanted to start some protests or whatever.

I'm talking in general. Just look at the OP. Bashing me for having an opinion. Well not personally, but if "white heterosexual males shouldn't speak" or "kill all men" shouldn't offend me personally then neither should my rants about LGBT in general or the limerick in PoE as those are not aimed at specific person.

As for the vicious circle, I'm not a big fan of turning the other cheek. In fact most people aren't.

What LGBT is building up is a mass hate that will eventually turn bloody. And innocent homosexuals etc. that are not part of and don't want to be a part of LGBT movements will get killed. That's how people are.

What do you mean Gay people kicked them out ?

The word LGBT stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender

How can Gay people kick themselves out of your area?

Believe it or not Bruce, not all gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender people agree with all that the various 'LGBT movement' groups say or do in their name. In fact, most gay people I personally know disagree with a great deal of what they say and do, some quite vehemently.

It's not unlike the fact that a great deal of black people don't agree with what the Rainbow Coalition or NAACP says or does in their name. Or the fact that a lot of older people don't agree with what the AARP says and does in their name.

Edited by Valsuelm

The U.S. is one hell of a bigger melting pot of cultures than Israel is.

There's good food in every nation. It's always a matter of knowing where the good places are.

Kosher food is generally of better quality than what one will find in most of the rest of the west because it's generally held to higher quality standards than the industrial food supply companies have (the companies that supply most restaurants and grocery stores in the west). The same is true of Amish food.

In Israel the Kosher industry is corrupted and they accept everything with the right bribe. There was a news report a while ago that checked most of the kosher meat in our more Orthodox supermarkets in European labs and they discovered that some places added huge amount of water injections to the meat. Sometimes half the weight was water.

This is not the case with non kosher meat or general restaurant meat (and you can taste the difference).

And the US farmers are feeding their cows with cheap corn and sometimes reusing some part of their own feces as food . Here the meat in the restaurants is either south American or (usually) local and is fed with either grass or local wheat. And your fruits and vegetables are beautiful but disgusting ,here they are sweet and full of taste.

And at least from what I was told you don't have a lot of restaurants that  make combined meals of western/middle eastern and eastern food together (you can't eat western meat as kebab with humus in most places ). This is very common here.

I have family in the US and they are living there for more than 20 years and while it is probable that they haven't been in many good restaurants they did travel a lot  and they  all agree that the food here is better.

Edited by barakav

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

Are you saying that the LGBT community in your area actively discriminates against you? If that's the case then I can understand a bit of your hostility toward them, but then aren't you doing the same thing to them? That seems like a vicious circle.

There is no LGBT community in my area. Gay people kicked them out when they wanted to start some protests or whatever.

I'm talking in general. Just look at the OP. Bashing me for having an opinion. Well not personally, but if "white heterosexual males shouldn't speak" or "kill all men" shouldn't offend me personally then neither should my rants about LGBT in general or the limerick in PoE as those are not aimed at specific person.

As for the vicious circle, I'm not a big fan of turning the other cheek. In fact most people aren't.

What LGBT is building up is a mass hate that will eventually turn bloody. And innocent homosexuals etc. that are not part of and don't want to be a part of LGBT movements will get killed. That's how people are.

What do you mean Gay people kicked them out ?

The word LGBT stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender

How can Gay people kick themselves out of your area?

Believe it or not Bruce, not all gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender people agree with all that the various 'LGBT movement' groups say or do in their name. In fact, most gay people I personally know disagree with a great deal of what they say and do, some quite vehemently.

It's not unlike the fact that a great deal of black people don't agree with what the Rainbow Coalition or NAACP says or does in their name. Or the fact that a lot of older people don't agree with what the AARP says and does in their name.

Yes I am well aware of that but the suggestion that some Gay people are going to forcibly remove\kick-out other Gay people from an area I find hard to believe 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We.re not talking about sausages anymore?

This entire thread is about sausages in one way or another.

People's favorite types of sausages, People's favorite way to prepare sausages. People who have sausages but think they don't. People who have sausages but wish they didn't. People who don't have sausages but wish they did.  People who don't think your opinion matters if you have a sausage but don't want more. And so on.

• Like 2

Well I'll just leave this here anyway ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo455T-66UM

Okay that video was really good and it made me hungry

I see that cook says you mustn't prick the skin, I always do because then the steam can escape and there is less chance of the sausage splitting ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That reminds me I need to refill my propane tank. My wife has been bugging me to grill some brauts.

Use mesquite or hickory like a real man.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well I'll just leave this here anyway ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo455T-66UM

Okay that video was really good and it made me hungry

I see that cook says you mustn't prick the skin, I always do because then the steam can escape and there is less chance of the sausage splitting ?

Yea... don't prick the skin. That's an amateur move.

Cooking sausages well takes some practice. You've got to get the right temperature. Note how the cook says the temp is low. Slow cooking sausages is the way to go (slow cooking is the way to go for a lot of things). You won't split them if you cook them right, and they will be much juicier and tastier.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1

When I was a kid mesquite was all anyone ever used and I was in awe the first time I actually saw a propane grill or even a grill that wasn't homemade

People would roam the desert collecting wood during the week then drive around selling it from the back of a truck

Free games updated 3/4/21

Yes I am well aware of that but the suggestion that some Gay people are going to forcibly remove\kick-out other Gay people from an area I find hard to believe

I read it as an outside of the local area LGBT group came in trying to stir something up, the local gay population told them they didn't want any part of it, the outside group left.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

LBGTensian heresies.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

When I was a kid mesquite was all anyone ever used and I was in awe the first time I actually saw a propane grill or even a grill that wasn't homemade

People would roam the desert collecting wood during the week then drive around selling it from the back of a truck

Mesquite, hickory, or other good wood > charcoal > propane or other gas > electric.

This is satire, right?

I hope so.

No, it's a freak show on parade and a glaring example of why the West is in decline.

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

I read it as an outside of the local area LGBT group came in trying to stir something up, the local gay population told them they didn't want any part of it, the outside group left.

You right that could be what he meant, I just don't believe it 

The LGBT community faces enough discrimination on a daily faces from  people who push a homophobic agenda  I find it hard to believe they would discriminate against themselves like that especially in a place like Poland which is relatively conservative about gay rights anyway. I would think the LGBT community would stick together but you never know 

• Like 1

John Milton 

This is satire, right?

I hope so.

No, it's a freak show on parade and a glaring example of why the West is in decline.

You think the solution is to follow Russia which has implemented Homophobic laws? Would following Russia make the West stronger ?

John Milton 

The LGBT community faces enough discrimination on a daily faces from  people who push a homophobic agenda  I find it hard to believe they would discriminate against themselves like that especially in a place like Poland which is relatively conservative about gay rights anyway. I would think the LGBT community would stick together but you never know 

Why would you support someone you think is doing more harm to you than good?  Not everyone agrees with the path of an organization even if the organization is nominally "for" them. 

This isn't an LGBT example, but I know a local college had a group of students create a second African-American student organization because they felt the existing organization didn't give enough support to the causes and programs that that group of students felt was important.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm not sure I really wanted the mental image in my head of people snatching Putin's sausage...

• Like 4

Yes I am well aware of that ....

How do you reconcile these two conflicting thoughts in your head?

You say you're aware of and acknowledge that not all gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender people agree with all that the various 'LGBT movement' groups say or do in their name. Yet you also find it hard to believe said people who don't agree with such groups would tell such groups to F off rather than let them speak for them in a manner they disagree with.

It stands to simple and basic reason that one would follow the other.

ie: A Jew who disagrees with Netanyahu is likely to get more upset with him than a non-Jew when Netanyahu has the audacity to start speaking for all Jews. Pretending he has all of their voices behind his as well.

ie: I don't like Obama. But I'd get down right pissed off at him if he showed up in my town and had the audacity to start speaking on my behalf on something that I don't agree with him on. Pretending that he has my voice behind his as well.

Similar examples would be Feminist X speaking for all women, or the ones I gave earlier of the AARP speaking for all retired people, or NAACP and the Rainbow Coalition speaking for all black people.

And as an aside, all of the examples of audacious folks are also examples of dishonest and disingenuous folks.

Edited by Valsuelm

"If you are a white heterosexual male, you don't have a right to  comment on what is offensive to minorities or not. 

This might be hard to understand for the average white heterosexual man since he is used to always be in positions of power, if not taken by his own body atleast by others with a similar body. You dont have a say in everything, especially things that you have no idea whatsoever about."

LOok at this stupidity.

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This has got to be one of the strangest thread directional sprawls I've seen. :lol:
Sausage worship and LGBT community discussion/debate/concerns should perhaps be left to separate threads, even in WoT. Feel free to make them if you wish, but I'm going to close this one.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts