How to approach issues of sensitivity

BG4eva

Free speech isnt just a loose term though, it is a civil and political right. And I addressed it to a person who used it in a matter that is not correct. I assume that he would want to be told if he was factually wrong when he obviously felt educated enough to comment. It is not that I am trying to be a besser weisser, I am merely setting a foundation for the conversation.

But to get back to your post; What intimidation was used? Saying that one was offended and didnt want to play the game anymore? It is not as if the backlash has been more lenient on the other side of the fence, this is not something I would call intimidation. But perhaps you know of something that I do not in that matter? 

Which career was ruined? 

This isn't about Obsidian just in general and regardless of specific examples being true or not, just the principle.

Did you not read my whole post?

But fine. Intimidation is this current environment where you'll be character assassinated by 'social justice' cliques in media and the web if you break any of the egg shells you walk upon.

What does it mean to you to be able to ridicule transexual people? What is it that you value so in protecting your right to push down people who are already very far down the social hierarchy?

Show me where I'm ridiculing transsexual people?

(And to answer an earlier post you made, which itself wasn't either on topic but you seem to be more into debunking me than actually ransacking the behaviour, I am not a white heterosexual male).

Says the guy (girl?) who would assign right to opinion based on genitals and skin color.

Edited by Fighter

I think Hurlshot's correct, the OP is neither intelligent enough nor possessing of a good enough argument to warrant a response really, it's just the usual pro censorship and anti free speech tripe we see parroted by the genocide advocates intent on being offended about a poem where only a white heterosexual man was harmed  and a transexual was never even mentioned. There's really no point responding to him or her, they're pathetic and supportive of an evil and immoral cause that misrepresented facts and strove to change a paying backers content, that we naturally defended as an immoral thing to do.

Let him or her continue with their hate speech and genocide advocacy.

That's strange, you say the Op isn't intelligent enough to warrant a response...yet you make a post which is exactly a response ...your comment is just indirectly addressed towards him. You do see the contradiction in your post right Nonek?

You clearly want to comment so just comment and be honest about it :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You're not supposed to eat the casing in weissewurst, or so it seems from some searching online. Any Bavarians around ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I find it strange how so much anger can stem from a group of people, who are evidently already suppressed, expressing feelings of hurt.

Well, you are trolling, what did you expect?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Free speech isnt just a loose term though, it is a civil and political right. And I addressed it to a person who used it in a matter that is not correct. I assume that he would want to be told if he was factually wrong when he obviously felt educated enough to comment. It is not that I am trying to be a besser weisser, I am merely setting a foundation for the conversation.

But to get back to your post; What intimidation was used? Saying that one was offended and didnt want to play the game anymore? It is not as if the backlash has been more lenient on the other side of the fence, this is not something I would call intimidation. But perhaps you know of something that I do not in that matter? 

Which career was ruined? 

This isn't about Obsidian just in general and regardless of specific examples being true or not, just the principle.

Did you not read my whole post?

But fine. Intimidation is this current environment where you'll be character assassinated by 'social justice' cliques in media and the web if you break any of the egg shells you walk upon.

What does it mean to you to be able to ridicule transexual people? What is it that you value so in protecting your right to push down people who are already very far down the social hierarchy?

Show me where I'm ridiculing transsexual people?

(And to answer an earlier post you made, which itself wasn't either on topic but you seem to be more into debunking me than actually ransacking the behaviour, I am not a white heterosexual male).

Says the guy (girl?) who would assign right to opinion based on genitals and skin color.

I read the whole post, I just didnt know if I had to drag in the "general" part. 

Of course this is a general problem, but it is not applicable to free speech and it is not with the intent of hurting a particular person or career, it is not in a quest to censor a genuine truth, this started with people playing a game and being reminded of their current standing in society. 

I asked what the joke meant to you because that is what this is in general: What is it worth to make one-dimensional jokes about oppressed groups of people? Should there be no consideration in doing so? 

That is what this conversation is about, in general. It is not about free speech, it is not about people going juggular in order to bring a private person down. No one has threatened the backer (who was also fine with changing his content apperently) nor has he been excluded from the gravestone. 

I find it strange how so much anger can stem from a group of people, who are evidently already suppressed, expressing feelings of hurt.

I am not trolling though.

And I didnt particularly mean just this thread, there has been an outrage all over the forums since the little poem was minorly altered.

I think Hurlshot's correct, the OP is neither intelligent enough nor possessing of a good enough argument to warrant a response really, it's just the usual pro censorship and anti free speech tripe we see parroted by the genocide advocates intent on being offended about a poem where only a white heterosexual man was harmed  and a transexual was never even mentioned. There's really no point responding to him or her, they're pathetic and supportive of an evil and immoral cause that misrepresented facts and strove to change a paying backers content, that we naturally defended as an immoral thing to do.

Why do you feel the need to insult my intelligence? Disregarding that you know far too little about me to judge this, its rude and most importantly it derails the conversation. 

I am not spewing hate-speech, I have been the one name-called and threatened in the thread to this point. I will not go in to you with how no transgendered person was involved or accentuating that it was the man who got hurt (And you do not know if he was white or not), becuase that is also derailing and I think you know whats up.

1. Because your opening statement was moronic and racist.

2. You are spewing hate speech and aligning with genocide advocates and Neo Nazi's, and no transgendered person was mentioned or even hinted at in that poem, that's objective fact, no lies will change that.

3. You are being ridiculed because you're stating ridiculous things.

@Bruce: The hypocrite abuser of women argues for honesty, try some yourself. 

More importantly we call it Black Pudding not Blood Pudding in England. Personally I prefer a nice Toad in the Hole, Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausage, cooked into a nice big Yorkshire Pudding with a rich, thick onion gravy.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

One is certainly always allowed to think or have an opinion, it does not always mean one should raise their voice, especailly when so badly educated on the issue.

If people can't engage in a dialogue, then how can they benefit from meeting the opinions of others? Many people have difficulty projecting empathy for people they have so much trouble understanding; not being able to engage in dialogue only furthers a lack of understanding (IMO).

I assume that this is a joke-post, but it is never the less one with true substance. This is bascially what all of you are displaying if you choose to support a transmisogynistic joke.

One question that was never significantly addressed, and as you seem passionate on the subject I'm curious as to your opinion - what about the original joke indicated transexuality (as opposed to either a transvestite + straight man or a gay man + straight man + alcohol or even 2 straight men + alcohol) 

Really, this is not even a controversial topic. People throwing their hands up and saying "Oh my god, I can't even make fun of a heavily ridiculed minority in the LGBT-community that is in large parts of the world being killed/harrassed/put in jail???!!! What are they going to take away from me next???" need to reevaluate what sort of a presence they want to be in the world.

While not all humor needs to press boundaries, I'd scarcely like a world where humor couldn't push boundaries.

That said there's certainly room to argue that a throw-away tombstone with backer content in a gigantic ass game isn't necessarily the venue for pushing boundries of humor.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You really think he is trolling? I don't, I think he is making a point he feels strongly about but its just not been very well received. Often when people make unpopular posts they are accused of Trolling but that isn't always the case :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1300005748_big.jpg

IMO Nothing is better than Chorizos

Edited by barakav
  • Like 1

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

Why do you feel the need to insult my intelligence? Disregarding that you know far too little about me to judge this, its rude and most importantly it derails the conversation. 

I am not spewing hate-speech, I have been the one name-called and threatened in the thread to this point. I will not go in to you with how no transgendered person was involved or accentuating that it was the man who got hurt (And you do not know if he was white or not), becuase that is also derailing and I think you know whats up.

1. Because your opening statement was moronic and racist.

2. You are spewing hate speech and aligning with genocide advocates and Neo Nazi's, and no transgendered person was mentioned or even hinted at in that poem, that's objective fact, no lies will change that.

3. You are being ridiculed because you're stating ridiculous things.

@Bruce: The hypocrite abuser of women argues for honesty, try some yourself. 

More importantly we call it Black Pudding not Blood Pudding in England. Personally I prefer a nice Toad in the Hole, Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausage, cooked into a nice big Yorkshire Pudding with a rich, thick onion gravy.

Nonek please...I thought we agreed you would save the soapbox lectures about me  for the GG thread?

All I was saying is quit the innuendo and say what you want. You can't make a post suggesting that the Op doesn't have the intelligence to deserve a response and then make several posts...it makes you look silly, And thats my area of expertise ...its not normally yours  :biggrin:

John Milton 

@Hypocrite: I would never agree anything with an abuser of women.

I like the talk of sausages.

Edit: Has anybody ever found any Vegan or Vegetarian sausages that were not utterly disgusting, i've tried several varieties and never found a satisfactory one.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

You know, these types of threads started by strangers used to just die a quiet death here.

2795377-8992360284-orDAC.jpg

Funny thing is, Volo posted a similarly inflammatory thread just a few days ago. It barely made it to page 2 and it's already fallen from the front page. I guess Vol forgot to add "if you aren't a white heterosexual male, you don't have a right to comment" to make it sufficiently irresistible flamebait?

What is crazy about Weisswurst ?

My guess is the casing.

[snip]

Oh, come on! I'm as anti-processed food as it gets, but this is ridiculous. Traditional recipe blood sausage not only tastes awesome, it also is completely different from packaged, industrially produced sausage. **** that.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You really think he is trolling? I don't, I think he is making a point he feels strongly about but its just not been very well received. Often when people make unpopular posts they are accused of Trolling but that isn't always the case original.gif

Yeah, an opening post full of condemnation and anger over, uh, something, is really making much of a point.

Time to go get some bratwurst, though.

• Like 1

Erika Imperial has that "damaged goods" look down pat. :lol: Kinda looks like Avril Lavigne.

The individual looks nothing like the picture inserted, s/he (i'm not sure of the correct term to use for someone moving between gender as we no longer have the neutral term in English) is an obese, bosseyed, lank blond haired, pudding faced individual whom bares a passing resemblance to Karl Malden. No offense intended of course, Mr Malden was a very fine actor.

I've got to say that while living in Bremen and Dusseldorf I consumed an inordinately vast amount of Wurst, luckily I was working it off at that age, but one still enjoys visits to the family over there for Black Bread and various other delicacies. German food is extremely pleasing to my English palette.

Edited by Nonek

Tea for the teapot!

Oddly, I hate liver (mom scarred me for life).

Did it involve fava beans? o.O

s/he (i'm not sure of the correct term to use for someone moving between gender as we no longer have the neutral term in English)

Pretty sure the current correct usage would be to say "she".

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

They/Them works best. Maybe "Xe" is the cool option these days.

I am with you on hating livers, Gfted1, don't care how much iron it offers me that stuff is vile.