How to approach issues of sensitivity

BG4eva

Anyone who is not a white heterosexual male has no right to comment on what affects white heterosexual males.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The usual, people standing up against genocide advcoates and Neo Nazi's, voicing a contrary opinion and championing free speech against censorship by the professionally outraged, simpletons and morally repugnant.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Anyone who is not a white heterosexual male has no right to comment on what affects white heterosexual males.

No I don't agree with that, we should all be entitled to our opinions. But we should also be sensitive to what we say and how it impacts others that are traditionally victims of systemic abuse, like the LGBT community 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Obsidian should make a tombstone comment about trans-racists: people who think their personal tragedies give them the right to shut up and oppress everyone else.

And BTW ,I just asked my gay uncle what he thinks about your post and he agrees with me that you aren't very bright (this post will be edited if I quote his exact words).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Nazism#United_States

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees freedom of speech, which allows political organizations great latitude in expressing Nazi, racist, and anti-Semitic views.

So I guess that even anti-democratic guys like you should be allowed to raise their voices...

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

No I don't agree with that, we should all be entitled to our opinions. But we should also be sensitive to what we say and how it impacts others that are traditionally victims of systemic abuse, like the LGBT community

As a working-class fellow, I find your snobbish behavior insulting. Please check your bourgeoisie privilege before giving classist lectures on "proper" behavior.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

What problem is this weirdo railing against, exactly ?

I mean that I get the premise, it does make sense that you can't really speak for others beyond a point - but was this a problem here ?

There has been a gravepost-entry removed from the game in 1.03, you can google it and I mentioned it in an earlier comment.

Really, this is not even a controversial topic. People throwing their hands up and saying "Oh my god, I can't even make fun of a heavily ridiculed minority in the LGBT-community that is in large parts of the world being killed/harrassed/put in jail???!!! What are they going to take away from me next???" need to reevaluate what sort of a presence they want to be in the world. 

It is not controversial nor threatening to anyone that you can not always reign supreme and hold full expertise in all areas in the world. Sometimes you need to listen to other people to reach some sort of understanding for what is outside of your own bubble. This is not a sacrifice, this is a chance for learning and becoming a fuller person. So instead of being close-minded and prepared to tout "free speech" (Which actually is not appliable in this scenario) you should reflect on how you view other people and their struggles. 

Obsidian should make a tombstone comment about trans-racists: people who think their personal tragedies give them the right to shut up and oppress everyone else.

And BTW ,I just asked my gay uncle what he thinks about your post and he agrees with me that you aren't very bright (this post will be edited if I quote his exact words).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Nazism#United_States

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees freedom of speech, which allows political organizations great latitude in expressing Nazi, racist, and anti-Semitic views.

So I guess that even anti-democratic guys like you should be allowed to raise their voices...

Once again, this bears no meaning on free speech. Free speech is when a governmental power or authority limits your voice. Free speech does not concern what Obsidian, a private company, choose to put in their game or not.

• Like 1

Friendly reminder:  If you are a white heterosexual male you don't have the right to hold an opinion and you cannot be discriminated against.

;)

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sure, but the argument is more on how offensive that really is. Or do you expect people to just change things just because someone from some group claims it's bad ?

Like it or not, most people push back when being told what to do and "I am offended" is not really an impressive reason. Really, I am not seeing the poem as pushing hate at all, but if they want to nix it, it is their property.

Hm, wonder if people would want 'Lola' banned from the radios :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm honestly fed up with "it's only when the government does it". If you've got the power to ruin someone's career or gate-keep media exposure and you use it explicitly or implicitly to control content by intimidation I am going to call that censorship.

And don't show me the dictionary definition. We all know how much original meanings of words matter to outrage and PC culture.

This isn't about Obsidian just in general and regardless of specific examples being true or not, just the principle.

Edited by Fighter
  • Like 1

Once again, this bears no meaning on free speech. Free speech is when a governmental power or authority limits your voice. Free speech does not concern what Obsidian, a private company, choose to put in their game or not.

Of course it isn't ,it was also not the case when FOX censored south-park when they wanted to show Mohammad cartoon a few years ago.

While its' Obsidians' right to do whatever they want to do with their games ,this tombstone wasn't offensive ,at least not on the level of southpark for example. And I think that bullying act was just disgusting.

Oh I am sorry but my opinion doesn't matter in your twisted view.

Edited by barakav

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

I will henceforth only make the appropriate jokes. Here is one.

#killallmen

It's funny.

I wonder how long until "Gas the Cismales, Gender War Now!" becomes the rallying cry of these people?

I'm honestly fed up with "it's only when the government does it". If you've got the power to ruin someone's career or gate-keep media exposure and you use it explicitly or implicitly to control content by intimidation I am going to call that censorship.

And don't show me the dictionary definition. We all know how much original meanings of words matter to outrage and PC culture.

This isn't about Obsidian just in general and regardless of specific examples being true or not, just the principle.

Free speech isnt just a loose term though, it is a civil and political right. And I addressed it to a person who used it in a matter that is not correct. I assume that he would want to be told if he was factually wrong when he obviously felt educated enough to comment. It is not that I am trying to be a besser weisser, I am merely setting a foundation for the conversation.

But to get back to your post; What intimidation was used? Saying that one was offended and didnt want to play the game anymore? It is not as if the backlash has been more lenient on the other side of the fence, this is not something I would call intimidation. But perhaps you know of something that I do not in that matter? 

Which career was ruined? 

What does it mean to you to be able to ridicule transexual people? What is it that you value so in protecting your right to push down people who are already very far down the social hierarchy?

(And to answer an earlier post you made, which itself wasn't either on topic but you seem to be more into debunking me than actually ransacking the behaviour, I am not a white heterosexual male).

I think Hurlshot's correct, the OP is neither intelligent enough nor possessing of a good enough argument to warrant a response really, it's just the usual pro censorship and anti free speech tripe we see parroted by the genocide advocates intent on being offended about a poem where only a white heterosexual man was harmed  and a transexual was never even mentioned. There's really no point responding to him or her, they're pathetic and supportive of an evil and immoral cause that misrepresented facts and strove to change a paying backers content, that we naturally defended as an immoral thing to do.

Let him or her continue with their hate speech and genocide advocacy.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

What is crazy about Weisswurst ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think Hurlshot's correct, the OP is neither intelligent enough nor possessing of a good enough argument to warrant a response really, it's just the usual pro censorship and anti free speech tripe we see parroted by the genocide advocates intent on being offended about a poem where only a white heterosexual man was harmed  and a transexual was never even mentioned. There's really no point responding to him or her, they're pathetic and supportive of an evil and immoral cause that misrepresented facts and strove to change a paying backers content, that we naturally defended as an immoral thing to do.

But ,but  I wanted to post all kind of offensive anti gay stuff from South park. ;( ;(

• Like 1

Oh I thought you were making a rather clever play on words Hurlshot, Weiss Wurst = Whites worst, in mockery of the OP's opening racist plea to stifle discussion on this discussion board.

Edited by Nonek

Tea for the teapot!

What is crazy about Weisswurst ?

My guess is the casing.

everything-you-didnt-want-to-know-about-

yummy

Why do you feel the need to insult my intelligence? Disregarding that you know far too little about me to judge this, its rude and most importantly it derails the conversation. 

I am not spewing hate-speech, I have been the one name-called and threatened in the thread to this point. I will not go in to you with how no transgendered person was involved or accentuating that it was the man who got hurt (And you do not know if he was white or not), becuase that is also derailing and I think you know whats up.

I find it strange how so much anger can stem from a group of people, who are evidently already suppressed, expressing feelings of hurt.