How to approach issues of sensitivity

BG4eva

Some conversations seems to be never-ending and bleed into other topics regardless of context, so I thought I should address the matter in a very simple way:

If you are a white heterosexual male, you don't have a right to  comment on what is offensive to minorities or not. 

This might be hard to understand for the average white heterosexual man since he is used to always be in positions of power, if not taken by his own body atleast by others with a similar body. You dont have a say in everything, especially things that you have no idea whatsoever about.

Furthermore, issue of free speech: 

A private person/company censoring something is not an issue of censoring free speech. As I am sure most of you who seem to think so are american, seeing as how you constantly mix up corporatisms in this issue, this is an easy example: When someone bleeps curse words on the television that is not censoring free speech. 

You, white heterosexual male, not being allowed to constantly make fun of and degrade minorities like blacks, transexuals, homosexuals, women and other people viewed of minorities is not a threat to your free speech. It is however a threat to your patriarchy and ur superiority complex and that is why you get so bothered. 

Transexuals all over the world have an extremely high suicide-rate, if not even killed in large parts of the world, they do not need you or a video game to make light of how perceived "disgusting" they are. 

If you are not a white heterosexual male and still rant about you feeling limited in your opinions, check your privileges and reconsider.

Oktnxbai.

• Like 3

This topic again?

Besides, here's where you already disqualified yourself:

If you are a white heterosexual male, you don't have a right to  comment on what is offensive to minorities or not.

This is not how the world works.

"Oktnxbai."

Edited by Zwiebelchen
  • Like 6

More like the BSN each day.

• Like 5

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

-Beatrice Evelyn Hall

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Some conversations seems to be never-ending and bleed into other topics regardless of context, so I thought I should address the matter in a very simple way:

This might be hard to understand for the average white heterosexual man since he is used to always be in positions of power, if not taken by his own body atleast by others with a similar body. You dont have a say in everything, especially things that you have no idea whatsoever about.

Furthermore, issue of free speech: 

A private person/company censoring something is not an issue of censoring free speech. As I am sure most of you who seem to think so are american, seeing as how you constantly mix up corporatisms in this issue, this is an easy example: When someone bleeps curse words on the television that is not censoring free speech. 

You, white heterosexual male, not being allowed to constantly make fun of and degrade minorities like blacks, transexuals, homosexuals, women and other people viewed of minorities is not a threat to your free speech. It is however a threat to your patriarchy and ur superiority complex and that is why you get so bothered. 

Transexuals all over the world have an extremely high suicide-rate, if not even killed in large parts of the world, they do not need you or a video game to make light of how perceived "disgusting" they are. 

If you are not a white heterosexual male and still rant about you feeling limited in your opinions, check your privileges and reconsider.

Oktnxbai.

I don't disagree with you on all your points raised

White heterosexual males are the least most discriminated group in the world, its obvious and irrefutable to anyone who wants to have this debate in a rational and reasonable way. I have raised this several times 

But if you read the GG thread people will have you believe that white heterosexual male face this terrible social onslaught from ....society?  I'm not sure who is attacking my demographic but I don't feel discriminated against at all 

So good post and worth discussing further  :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This is satire, right?

I hope so.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I don't disagree with the general premise of your post, but I think it is too harsh. It's true that "privileged" (bleh, I hate this word) people often don't even notice things that are problematic for others, but it doesn't mean they should stay out of the discussion altogether. If you want to be understood and accepted, you won't achieve it by refusing to engage in conversation with the other side. As far as I'm concerned, all opinions are welcome as long as people are willing to listen to each other.

• Like 2

More like the BSN each day.

At least on the BSN you need to have registered games to post... that at least somewhat limits the troll accounts and sockpuppetry.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

This is satire, right?

Nah, just someone triggered by a micro-agression. Where's your empathy ? Be more like Bruce.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

At least on the BSN you need to have registered games to post... that at least somewhat limits the troll accounts and sockpuppetry.

The forum is richer for those, man. That and I lost my Alpha Protocol CD.

Poes' law again.

Or a troll.

If not OP ,you aren't very smart...

• Like 1

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

The forum is richer for those, man. That and I lost my Alpha Protocol CD.

That's... not the kind of wealth I'd like to accumulate, personally.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So tl/dr agree with me or don't speak, yes that's not censorship.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

So no ethnic or gender group can comment on any other group or rant about not having a voice in society according to your particular worldview.  Got it.  

Hmm you must think most gender and ethnic rights activists are wrong to comment on any other group right?

Wait, doesn't that mean you are in fact wrong, since you can't both be a white hetero male and not a white hetero male and yet are commenting on both?  I'm confused.

• Like 1

I'm looking at my rights and I don't see your signature at the bottom.

You determining my rights should obviously sound wrong to the rational person.

Laws/rights are not made, they are found. Ever hear of the idea of self evident? Its really interesting as it makes the notion of majority/minority less of a consideration in law; it alludes to solid ground for a universal rule of law than a barbaric form of 'might makes right' (That u are attempting)

Checkout Blackstone. It may help you understand what rights humans actually have vs ones made up.

Edited by Kveldulf

So basically alot of white heterosexual males claim to have the right to trash transexual because it is "funny". Nothing new under the sun.

Most of the posts here are basically dismissive because you go juggular instead of actually thinking about the issue at hand. 

One is certainly always allowed to think or have an opinion, it does not always mean one should raise their voice, especailly when so badly educated on the issue. Like white heterosexual males trying to deflect how a transexual person could feel from reading that post. Or what kind of an impact a cultural norm has on an individual person who does not fit into "white heterosexual male".

What are you talking about? White heterosexual males are the only people (actually I should finish the sentence here :-) )that should have the right to comment and deciding on everything. Because we run the place and don't forget it. We gave you some rights, but if you will keep this attitude up we will put you back at your place.

I assume that this is a joke-post, but it is never the less one with true substance. This is bascially what all of you are displaying if you choose to support a transmisogynistic joke.

(And in case anyone didnt know, this is concerning the removal of a transmisogonystic joke in one of the games graveyards).

What problem is this weirdo railing against, exactly ?

I mean that I get the premise, it does make sense that you can't really speak for others beyond a point - but was this a problem here ?

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2