It wont. The skill functionality is different then description. It adds 25% bonus damage (after DR) to all attacks and spells (besides dot spells). So attack that would do 50 damage, with this skill will do 62.5.

I did not know it applied to spells. Does it adds burn damage to all spells? (pure debuff for example) And by DoT, do you mean just DoT in the traditional sense (apply an effect) or do you also mean spells that apply themselves over and over (e.g. fire wall)?

And is the burn damage increased by the Chanters talents (+fire damage talents) or the casters talents? I.e. who would need Scion of Flame for the boost to take effect?

Sorry for all the questions, but the wiki is rather poor and I cannot test myself atm. Thanks for the responses!

It wont. The skill functionality is different then description. It adds 25% bonus damage (after DR) to all attacks and spells (besides dot spells). So attack that would do 50 damage, with this skill will do 62.5.

I did not know it applied to spells. Does it adds burn damage to all spells? (pure debuff for example) And by DoT, do you mean just DoT in the traditional sense (apply an effect) or do you also mean spells that apply themselves over and over (e.g. fire wall)?

And is the burn damage increased by the Chanters talents (+fire damage talents) or the casters talents? I.e. who would need Scion of Flame for the boost to take effect?

Sorry for all the questions, but the wiki is rather poor and I cannot test myself atm. Thanks for the responses!

Yes it adds fire dmg to all spells, not just fire spells.

Dot - spells that apply debuff on enemy that deal dmg over time.

Firewall dont apply debuff but deal dmg in intervals so it should work on it too.

Probably casters talent but need testing. 

You can test things by console.

Edited by nemesis205bw

Yes it adds fire dmg to all spells, not just fire spells.

Dot - spells that apply debuff on enemy that deal dmg over time.

Firewall dont apply debuff but deal dmg in intervals so it should work on it too.

Probably casters talent but need testing. 

You can test things by console.

Thanks a lot for the information here.

One last one: where do I find out about console commands? Also, I say I cannot check atm as I am at work xD

Also, chanter might affect that fire damage but due to bug, description wont change.

Oh, thank you for this. As my Chanter builders usually run low might (being buff / summon engines) this changes things a lot. Hmm, well it is still really useful to know. Thanks again.

Really now? Any other descriptions that are terribly off?

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Envenomed Strike counts per hit !

We tested this in beta. The strikes all hit but they don't stack on the target, only the longest duration one takes effect.

This thread seems to argue otherwise? http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75468-envenomed-strike/
It's possible I suppose but if it does work it is a bug. Josh Sawyer posted over on SA.that the dots should not stack. (Id find you link but on phone). It does look at first like they do - the combat log shows them all hitting, for example -- but as each one hits it wipes the others, because of the stacking rules,and only the longest duration one *should* stick.

One way to test would be mouse over the target and see if they had six dots listed or just one.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

We tested this in beta. The strikes all hit but they don't stack on the target, only the longest duration one takes effect.
This thread seems to argue otherwise? http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75468-envenomed-strike/
It's possible I suppose but if it does work it is a bug. Josh Sawyer posted over on SA.that the dots should not stack. (Id find you link but on phone). It does look at first like they do - the combat log shows them all hitting, for example -- but as each one hits it wipes the others, because of the stacking rules,and only the longest duration one *should* stick.

One way to test would be mouse over the target and see if they had six dots listed or just one.

Dragon thrashed stacks. You can have 6 chanters with this phrase and they all deal damage.

• Like 1

Dragon thrashed stacks. You can have 6 chanters with this phrase and they all deal damage.

Is that a dot on a target or a field spell though? I thought it functioned like flame wall.

nope.  you can easily test this yourself.

you will see that varying levels of hits/miss with envenomed strike on a bluderbuss give you varying levels of stacking poison damage.

if it was only one hit, you would not see the damage vary so hugely.

I have gotten the poison to stack up to 120 damage per second.

thats not over a period, thats PER SECOND.

so yeah, it does stack.  and not only from one blunderbus, but so long as you wait for the first person's attack to go for a single tick (one second), if you fire another shot from someone else, that stacks on top of the first set of damage...

really, not kidding.  don't figgen take josh's word for it, try it yourself.  shoot one of your companions so you can roll over the damage tick on their portrait.

watch the health go down, even though you are out of combat, because the fast regen doesn't even keep up with it.

Edited by Ichthyic

nope.  you can easily test this yourself.

you will see that varying levels of hits/miss with envenomed strike on a bluderbuss give you varying levels of stacking poison damage.

if it was only one hit, you would not see the damage vary so hugely.

I have gotten the poison to stack up to 120 damage per second.

thats not over a period, thats PER SECOND.

so yeah, it does stack.  and not only from one blunderbus, but so long as you wait for the first person's attack to go for a single tick (one second), if you fire another shot from someone else, that stacks on top of the first set of damage...

really, not kidding.  don't figgen take josh's word for it, try it yourself.  shoot one of your companions so you can roll over the damage tick on their portrait.

watch the health go down, even though you are out of combat, because the fast regen doesn't even keep up with it.

The number stacks, not the actual damage. Like most things in this game.