What Pillars of Eternity needs for mass sales - tablet versions

I was just thinking this.  The preteen gamers are just as comfortable on pc and tablets as consoles.    Over time tv/tablet.pc will merge and games like this will be common.  That said how costly is it to port this game to console just make the mouse your finger and play with kinnects. 

RPG´s will always be a niche, but thats a good thing! Because of this we get pearls and not very often crap, look at the other side of the fence wink.png

RPGs are a niche? Are you a time traveler from the previous century?

RPG´s will always be a niche, but thats a good thing! Because of this we get pearls and not very often crap, look at the other side of the fence wink.png

In terms of sales and expected sales? Yes they are. Check the numbers, they don´t lie.

Edit: the point here is, before i need to explain myself in more posts, that RPG´s are NO COD or MWF etc. They are there own niche, and games like PoE, Divinity, BG etc especialy because Publisher don´t want to make them. Because they can´t boost 5m sales in no time. That will never happen.

Edited by cirdanx

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Thank goodness the aim doesn't appear to be chasing mass sales :)

I assure you, as a product meant to be sold (especially considering Obsidian is trying to crawl out of the hole they were in pre-PoE), they want mass sales.

• Like 1

Thank goodness the aim doesn't appear to be chasing mass sales :)

I assure you, as a product meant to be sold (especially considering Obsidian is trying to crawl out of the hole they were in pre-PoE), they want mass sales.

As a company..who wouldn´t? o.O I hope it will sale masses, maybe then this games will get some publisher rec again. A bit, not too much ;)

• Like 1

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

In terms of sales and expected sales? Yes they are. Check the numbers, they don´t lie.

Edit: the point here is, before i need to explain myself in more posts, that RPG´s are NO COD or MWF etc. They are there own niche, and games like PoE, Divinity, BG etc especialy because Publisher don´t want to make them. Because they can´t boost 5m sales in no time. That will never happen.

Oh, okay, you meant this specific kind of RPGs. Because I wouldn't call Bioware or Bethesda games niche.

Oh, okay, you meant this specific kind of RPGs. Because I wouldn't call Bioware or Bethesda games niche.

Yes it´s a different kind of RPG.

Here is the thing though, Bethesda games are a sandbox, like Skyrim, they are sandbox games. It´s the equivalent to GTA just in fantasy. They are good in world building but suck at a story (and yes i´m very well aware of the background lore).

Bioware? I was and am the most advocate "fanboy" to play their old games. BG, NWN, KotoR, ME 1 and to extend 2. DA:O, but everything after DA:A was a downer. They are not the same anymore. They are now EA property. I´m sure DA:I sold very well, thanks to EA making a hell of a PR trouble around it in the first place. DA:I isn´t bad, but far from being good either. And honestly, if i consider their latest non-existing campain about the new DA:I dlc, i can only think that EA doesn´t care. Maybe they had higher expectations? Who knows. Its a mediocre RPG.

But think about this. RPG´s don´t sell the amount like action rpg´s or shooters etc,. the market is simply smaller (i have my own theory but i will keep it to myself or i will get burned like a witch :D). Thus publisher don´t care (also no console option). As proven with this kind of RPG. Which was considered dead until kickstarter. Yet WE want them, but WE are a small community compared to the rest, and thats fine in my opinion. The moment you become big you have to cater to more and more people. AND that is never a good idea. This kind of games and others prove however that you can make a game that doesn´t cost you 50m (which probably goes into exec pocets anyway) and be successfull, sure you won´t make millions and be rich, but you make some and can work. Hopefully more than what a publisher throws infront you.

Ugh sorry got a bit off topic, anyway, in terms of publishers, this is a niche and dead. Just like RTS is dead (except the success of SC2 AND the now released Grey Goo). They don´t get it because they are not gamers they are bankers. ;) They only look at numbers, more investment = more return in their eyes. A game that costs 3m and brings in 6? who cares when you can (maybe) tribble that amount with a new CoD?

And overall gaming changes, but just take a look at what people play, Steam is good for it, and its not RPG´s...this was and will always be considered a niche, and i´m actually very happy about it. Keeps the outside noise down ;)