Crossbow and gun wielding idle animations

Am I the only one extremely bothered by these animations? Well, they're actually just the standard character idle animations with the weapon models glued to the right hand, with no attempts to avoid horrible clipping. This surprised me, because they actually animated bows/crossbows and their strings, which many lazy RPGs don't bother to do, even modern ones. Running with a heavy arbalest / gun held on one hand also looks very silly.

Am I right in thinking there is zero chance of this being ever improved?

p.s. halfway throught the game and finding it quite enjoyable, but I really miss the depth of the IE games' combat.

When the characters are standing around, the weapon model is glued to the right hand in the standard idle animation. It clips right through the hand and looks very silly. Same thing when the characters are running. I expected dedicated animations for idling / running with a crossbow or gun, as they have done with their respective reloading animations.

I'm sure many would, but it requires them to notice, and your thread hasn't even been up a day. They'd have to go into the game to check and specifically check on Crossbows and Pistols.

Anyone feel like posting a picture?

t50aJUd.jpg

Thought everyone had noticed. Here are three screenies in character creation so it's easier to see:

RG3UNDr.jpg

nxlbirI.jpg

Bows also cause clipping but not nearly as bad.

The issue is that they just use the characters' idle animations and attach the weapon to the hand, instead of having animations specifically for idling and running with two-handed guns and crossbows. It's not just the clipping that looks bad; it's also seeing a character running with a heavy two-handed weapon held with one hand, even during combat, but that's also the case with halberds and the like.

Didn't even notice this in-game. 

Though this might be because I think the character models are generally speaking rather ugly and I avoid looking at them too closely.  They actually remind me of Wasteland 2, and not in a good way.

tbh they look fine to me especially considering the size they actually appear on the screen - it is an animated game - I grew up on Rocky & Bullwinkle and Popeye - these are much more realistic than those were clipping or not - I'm not expecting movie quality out of a 4M CRPG :no:  

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

tbh they look fine to me especially considering the size they actually appear on the screen - it is an animated game - I grew up on Rocky & Bullwinkle and Popeye - these are much more realistic than those were clipping or not - I'm not expecting movie quality out of a 4M CRPG :no:  

I understand that, but as I said in the OP, why bother adding those neat reloading and firing animations (which many RPGs don't do; bows and crossbows are often just completely static) and then not have proper animations for idling and running?

Oh well, it annoys me but it's just a cosmetic thing so I won't harp on about it.