I'm stuck in Breith Eaman

Fredrock46

Question

I'm stuck in Breith Eaman. This is after you jump into the pit. I played through the area and then fought the final boss. My character isn't capable of winning that fight yet and I still have lots of the game unfinished. Thing is I can't get back out of there. I have no saves from before the pit jump and can't seem to find any other exit. This can't be right is it? Appreciate any suggestions.

10 answers to this question

I looked for that in the default save location (C:\Users\Fred\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) but it's not there. I have one auto-save and 9 manual saves but they're all in the same end game area. Most games warn you about not being able to complete unfinished quests before you enter an area of no return. Unless I missed it.

It's a shame because I really enjoyed the game.

Let me ask this dumb question as a Hail Mary. If I were to restore my computer to a time before I entered that area (yesterday) would my saves be like they are now or would they be restored back too?

Doing a restore to an earlier period would not restore any old saves. Assuming you're not playing on easy your only other option would be to bump the difficulty down. I would be surprised if you couldn't beat the game seeing as you made it to the final area.

You may be right about that. I didn't try very hard because I read in a similar post that even after beating the final boss you are still not able to access any uncompleted quests or content. Do you know if that is true?

If I am able to continue playing my character afterwards I will find some way of  way of beating him.

I looked for that in the default save location (C:\Users\Fred\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) but it's not there. I have one auto-save and 9 manual saves but they're all in the same end game area. Most games warn you about not being able to complete unfinished quests before you enter an area of no return. Unless I missed it.

It's a shame because I really enjoyed the game.

Let me ask this dumb question as a Hail Mary. If I were to restore my computer to a time before I entered that area (yesterday) would my saves be like they are now or would they be restored back too?

you either uitentionaly deleted the "Burial Island (PRE ENDGAME SAVE)", owerwritten it,or ther was a bug and it didnt trigger

ther may be unnoficial means to get out of the pit or changge location, try google

i have a problem with having to many saves (9 is way too much for my configuration) where game after starting 'loades save files' for a while before i can load a game or even start a new one. so every time i wanna keep an anditional save (more than 3: autosave, quick save, one manual save) i ove it out of the saves folder

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

On 4/8/2015 at 12:28 PM, Fredrock46 said:

I'm stuck in Breith Eaman. This is after you jump into the pit. I played through the area and then fought the final boss. My character isn't capable of winning that fight yet and I still have lots of the game unfinished. Thing is I can't get back out of there. I have no saves from before the pit jump and can't seem to find any other exit. This can't be right is it? Appreciate any suggestions.

There is a way. You can use cheats (iroll20s and all that jazz) to teleport party to a different area. Then use Eternity keeper to switch cheatson (or sth alike, i dont remember exactly) to false to keep your achivements (its under edit globals)