PoE to D&D Dictionary (For D&D/Infinity Engine/Neverwinter Nights players!)

Let's start a PoE to D&D dictionary!

A few notes... PoE feels like the D&D 4e game that Neverwinter Online should've been. The use of encounter/rest abilities is very similar to encounter powers and daily powers in D&D 4e, and everything being resolved by an attack roll vs. one of four defenses is exactly how it works in that edition. The idea of all classes being able to do cool things from level 1, and class balance in general are that edition's strong points.

Still, there are elements from 3e and 2e, as well as 5e, though I doubt that PoE actually borrowed anything from 5e. More like 5e borrowed the best aspects of previous editions.

Enchantments

Fine: +1

Exceptional: +2

Superb: +3

Burning Lash: Weapon enchanted with fire damage.

Corrosive Lash: Acid damage.

Freezing Lash: Cold damage.

Shocking Lash: Lightning damage.

Defenses

Deflection: Armor Class

Armor: Damage Reduction/Resistance

Fortitude/Reflex/Will: Same as D&D

Attributes

Might: Strength

Dexterity: Same

Constitution: Same

Perception: Wisdom

Intellect: Intelligence

Resolve: Charisma

Note that PoE stats don't directly translate to D&D stats, as Might is more than Strength, and also includes spiritual and magical power. Also, Intellect reflects critical thinking and analytical skills while Lore represents knowledge and education.

Skills

Stealth: Same

Atheltics: Athletics and Acrobatics

Lore: Knowledge skills and Use Magic Device

Mechanics: Thievery, Perception

Survival: Same

Creatures

Vessel: Corporeal Undead, Golems

Spirit: Incorporeal Undead, Elementals

Primordials: Oozes, Plants, Fey

Beast: Animals, Dragons, Beasts

Kith: Common Races (Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Merfolk, Planetouched)

Wilder: Savage Humanoids (including ogres, xaurip, etc.)

Your turn.

• Like 1

Yes, they are. Alright, here's more:

Folk = Human

Elves = Same

Orlans = Halflings, Gnomes, and Catfolk combined (my tablet wants to autocorrect catfolk to Catholic, lololol)

Dwarves = Same

Aumaua = Merfolk (though closer to Magic: The Gathering versions than D&D versions)

Godlike = Planetouched

Now I want to play a Catholic paladin orlan named Orlando (SwiftKey kept trying to autocorrect orlan to Orlando).

Nobody expects the Orlan Inquisition!

Fampir = Vampire/Ghoul/Ghast (vampire in that they appear human, ghoul/ghast in that they need to feed on flesh)

Dargul = Ghast

Gul = Ghoul

Revenant = Zombie (not the super powered undead with class levels in D&D, thankfully)

Skeleton = Same

The first time I ran into a revenant, I freaked out, as they are vengeful, intelligent undead with class levels in D&D. In 4e, they're even a playable race, an individual reincarnated into a half-alive body by the Raven Queen (goddess of death) to perform a task. They're kind of in between alive and undead, as while their bodies don't rot, they appear pale and lifeless. They're usually tasked with killing someone who has egregiously cheated death (those who unnaturally extend their lives, especially at the cost of others').

It turns out that revenants are the equivalent of zombies in D&D. Derp.

Deathguard = Death Knight/Lich

Wicht = Wight (though they're really just pre-teen zombies)