[1.03] Sly Cyrdel bounty vs prisoner

Achilles

Question

Description:

If you opt to take Sly Cyrdel as a prisoner (rather than take his head for coin), then the quest does not update and future rounds of bounties will not be made available.

Desired outcome:

It would be nice if bounty quests could be resolved via the penal system. If not, would it be possible to not make bounty targets people who can also be taken prisoner? 

EDIT: By the way, I should probably mention that if you restore the dungeon before the warden's lodge (thereby satisfying the conditions to trigger the additional dialog with Sly), then Sly won't have a head to take even if you opt to kill him.

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

6 answers to this question

I had built a dungeon before the warden's lodge, but when I encountered Sly I never got the option to imprison him, and looted his head just fine. Are you sure you're not confusing him with Gramrfel? He's the death godlike that waits at the fork and he's not a bounty, just a bandit. Sly is near the adra stones and has a flaming sword.

I had built a dungeon before the warden's lodge, but when I encountered Sly I never got the option to imprison him, and looted his head just fine. Are you sure you're not confusing him with Gramrfel? He's the death godlike that waits at the fork and he's not a bounty, just a bandit. Sly is near the adra stones and has a flaming sword.

Yep.

I'm an idiot :)

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Gramrfel didn't give me an option to capture him, either.  Of course, maybe that was because I attacked his group on sight, without waiting for dialog or checking to see who they were...

Oh I always first speak with people if I can to see if they deserve death. I didn't even know why he spoke to me instead of just attacking me immediately but ok. He ended up in my prison anyway.