What do you want to see in expansions(DLCs)

What do you want to see in expansions(DLCs)  

140 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see in expansions(DLCs)

• Monk companion
    • Rouge companion
    • Barbarian companion
    • A rich storyine base on stronghold system
    • Third big city
    • adventure in White March
    • Buy ship and set sail

If there's expansion, I'd like to have more quests thatlets you go back to previous areas rather than just focusing on the new area.

Yes, that's why I expect 4-5 big expansions. A expansion which enhance the content around Twin Elms will be a great mercy to me~

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

• 4 weeks later...

“Durgan Battery” appeared in the text of 1.0.5 patch.So it seems the first expansion will be in White March.And the first new companion willbe a rogue.

oXHOJto.jpg

Actually, I'm suspecting the expansion will take place in this blank space of the map.  According to the official map, the map markers in this area are Loghome, Eina's Rest, Kindle Vale, and Abbey of the Cloven Wheel.

If Durgan's Battery is going to be in the expansion, it may very well be the "Werewolf Island" of this expansion.

I would like to see this dealt with in more detail.

Quote from the official Wiki.

Eír Glanfath is a region in the "Eastern Reach", that cover the entire forest southeast of the Bael River. It was once part of the territory of an ancient kingdom by the same name, populated by the Engwithan, now both dead or gone for two millennia. The region is currently settled by Glanfathan semi-nomadic tribes.

In the past Glanfathan have come into conflict with the Dyrwood and Aedyr Empire, though relations have since thawed with the former.
Edited by Nakia

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

- Well new companions ofcourse and intregrate them properly so they'll banter with other party member...

- I don't know if "third city" is really possible for an expansion type product. Maybe few smaller settlements instead ? Maybe we'll travel to a really big city in the sequel? :)

- And since smaller settlements (Villages) seem more likely, many new wilderness areas around them just for exploration purposes. And it would nice if they revissited some of the older areas and added new content on them.

Edited by Carados

I used to have it in my head that I'd like to see Durgan's Battery and White March in an expansion, but the more I think of it, I don't think it would do it justice. All of White March should really be it's own game, unless the expansion is far larger than any RPG expansion I've seen to date, but at that point, I don't see how the expansion could possibly be "TotSC-like", without detracting considerably from the main storyline.

For expansion, I think it would be reasonable to expect (and I would like to see):

• The deep woods of Eir Glanfath, or at least the northern parts east of Caed Nua (Abbey of the Cloven Wheel, Kindle Vale, Eina's Rest).

• The northwestern part of the Palatinate (Geiran's Grasp, Road's End, Hel's Gate Citadel, New Heomar) or The Pearl Coast (Baelreach/Bael Marsh, Forked Vale, Telaneir, Brass Crown Tower).

I'd also like to see:

• More optional wilderness areas and some new wilderness areas between certain points (Stormwall Gorge and Elmshore, or between Elmshore and Heartsong; Between Caed Nua and Woodend Plains; West of Gilded Vale; West of Magran's Fork, East of Esternwood; Through the Forest between Caed Nua and Dyrford Village; South of Pearlwood Bluff; South of Sering Falls; East of Elms' Reach; Another area between Oldsong and the Temple of Hylea.)

• Revisited content and quests in the main game, to conform with expansion content or added features. Add a new subrace, and that race should have the same amount of content any other race would have, whether in the base game or expansion(s).

• Iterate on existing quests and options - even the base game could use polish in terms of character reactivity, narrative oddities and quest choices.

t50aJUd.jpg

I want to see pathfinding.

bottleneck.png

See the bottleneck on the left ? Me neither. But Sagani hit the first Flame Blight in the line (third from left) with a Wounding Arrow. This slowed it to a snail's pace, as expected. What I didn't expect that the two leftmost Flame Blights would be stuck behind it ! They are too stoopid to walk around the wounded Blight !

Pathfinding in this game, especially for big monsters, is a trainwreck.

Also, I want to see enemy combat AI that can:

* disengage

* focus fire

* flank my characters instead of approaching a character from the same side

Edited by b0rsuk

Things that need to be revisited in expansions:

- Completion of the Wailing Banshee

- New ruler for Raedrics Hold

- Rebuilding Brackenbury Sanitarium

- Rebuilding of the Eothasian Temple in Gilded Vale

Being able to level up to 24-36 with lots more character customization.

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

• 1 month later...

Haha,my forecast was right.

“Durgan Battery” appeared in the text of 1.0.5 patch.So it seems the first expansion will be in White March.And the first new companion willbe a rogue.

:)

Would be nice if there was extra reactivity for base game content too. Like your being a Godlike being taken into account in relevant convo, or the ability to sell the crate to the buyer in Ondra's Gift for example.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus