What do you want to see in expansions(DLCs)

What do you want to see in expansions(DLCs)  

140 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see in expansions(DLCs)

• Monk companion
    • Rouge companion
    • Barbarian companion
    • A rich storyine base on stronghold system
    • Third big city
    • adventure in White March
    • Buy ship and set sail

Defiance Bay seems like a town to me just a little bigger than Trademeet (in terms of screen area) so I would like a proper big city with far more locations on the map. Also do more with the stronghold and give it more life. More companions and banter would be cool also as long as this is all integrated into the original game.

Edited by Tuckey

Xaurip companion.

Really weird how underwhelming the Stronghold was and Obsidian's "meh" attitude about it. Almost every review grilled them over the Stronghold and it's easily the most complained about disappointment among various forums.

This idea is really cool!

Imagine that how the villagers are scaring when the Xaurip walks into the town:)

About the stronghold,it's become the second regret for me.The biggest one is the lack of content in Twin Elms.The third one is companion design, which is not as perfect as BG and DAO.

If I have a chance to design a new companion,I wish to design a powerful barbarian companion,who is the final boss of the White March stroyline.It would be very hard to beat him and gain his repect.

Edited by bronzepoem

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

two new companions (monk and rogue ?), reach lvl 15 by the end of the DLC, medium sized city (why not an underground city inside white marsh ?) + a few new area (4 ?) + one big dungeon (5+ levels, big big boss). stronghold war agains another lord. i'll give 20+ bucks for that :yes: .

I love the idea of underground city.Wish Obsidian could give us more information about the first expansion :yes:

And about companions,more than 3 new companions is  deadline of my expectation~

All of the above... plus I want continue and import my character.

That's a element for POE2:)

For expansions they just need to put new contents into the original world map.

A White March barbarianess, with her visual design based upon the Amazon from Dragon's Crown.  

Make the stronghold a central theme to the next campaign, by making it easy to access from new regions - be it via teleportation, pocket plane, or a flying castle.  Whatever the means, make it important - preferably with lessons learned from the Suikoden series.

If we base on the poll selection, everything there is PoE 2 material. 

What we really need now is, like you said, new stuff on the current map like stuff similar to Tales of the Sword Coast or Throne of Bhaal since the game feels like the Infinity Engine games. There are options to consider:

1. Expansions packs ala TotSC where new areas and quests are added and can be played before jumping to the pit.

2. Mask of the Betrayer/Heart of Winter route where you get to continue your character in a new storyline. (import character)

3. Shadows of the Undrentide route where you get to play a new protagonist and explore other parts of the land on a new storyline.

If we base on the poll selection, everything there is PoE 2 material.

What we really need now is, like you said, new stuff on the current map like stuff similar to Tales of the Sword Coast or Throne of Bhaal since the game feels like the Infinity Engine games. There are options to consider:

1. Expansions packs ala TotSC where new areas and quests are added and can be played before jumping to the pit.

2. Mask of the Betrayer/Heart of Winter route where you get to continue your character in a new storyline. (import character)

3. Shadows of the Undrentide route where you get to play a new protagonist and explore other parts of the land on a new storyline.

For me, of course the best option is ToSC. We had only one island on ToSC.On POE we may have several new islands.And the ship could be designed like the stronghold system.Better ship you bought, farther you can go.More cannons you bought, harder sea monster you can beat.And they can design sailors like the hireling in the stronghold,something like that.Also you can just buy a sampan and start an impossible venture.Then you will finally awaken on a nameless beach with fragments of your sampan.Then you need to find out a new way to get back mainland. Edited by bronzepoem

A White March barbarianess, with her visual design based upon the Amazon from Dragon's Crown.  

Make the stronghold a central theme to the next campaign, by making it easy to access from new regions - be it via teleportation, pocket plane, or a flying castle.  Whatever the means, make it important - preferably with lessons learned from the Suikoden series.

Teleportation,pocket plane or flying castle,those sound too powerful to our character in POE1(I don't think our hero will be able achieve more than 15 level in expansions).

IMO the fast travel is enough for now,maybe we can add something as pigeon mail to get more control on stronghold?

Teleportation,pocket plane or flying castle,those sound too powerful to our character in POE1(I don't think our hero will be able achieve more than 15 level in expansions).

IMO the fast travel is enough for now,maybe we can add something as pigeon mail to get more control on stronghold?

I am figuring that the stronghold could have some artifact unearthed that makes it easily accessible from around the world - but it is faulty, not well understood, and has limitations so Obsidian can "break" those abilities for when a situation calls for access to be cut off.  EG:  A teleporter gazebo in White March is covered by an avalanche, making it inoperable.

Better encounters.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Set sail for new lands sounds more like a PoE2 idea (unless it's just a side-story a la Werewolf Island - that would be fun)

I want a TOTSC style expansion - add a new quest-hub (3rd city or large town) and a few more areas to explore.

Rogue companion (though any other companions would be great) - fitting seamlessly into the game, to have banters with others and comment on original campaign stuff too.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Set sail for new lands sounds more like a PoE2 idea (unless it's just a side-story a la Werewolf Island - that would be fun)

I want a TOTSC style expansion - add a new quest-hub (3rd city or large town) and a few more areas to explore.

Rogue companion (though any other companions would be great) - fitting seamlessly into the game, to have banters with others and comment on original campaign stuff too.

Yes,that's exactly what I want.

I am figuring that the stronghold could have some artifact unearthed that makes it easily accessible from around the world - but it is faulty, not well understood, and has limitations so Obsidian can "break" those abilities for when a situation calls for access to be cut off.  EG:  A teleporter gazebo in White March is covered by an avalanche, making it inoperable.

I get it :yes: .Stronghold teleporter artifact,or landing in new land by ship, anyway, that would be a part about POE2.

For expansions of POE1, I'd like to see some contents fitting seamlessly into the original game,as Slient Winter said above.

Edited by bronzepoem

I think merging "Setting Sail" and "Improve Stronghold" could be interesting: a ship as stronghold!  It would fit the setting more I feel and since it's a ship you can move it around and use it as your main source of transport, ensuring you are never that far from it as long as there is a coastline nearby!  Plus ship battles!  Piracy!  Omigod I'm starting to drool...

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I think merging "Setting Sail" and "Improve Stronghold" could be interesting: a ship as stronghold!  It would fit the setting more I feel and since it's a ship you can move it around and use it as your main source of transport, ensuring you are never that far from it as long as there is a coastline nearby!  Plus ship battles!  Piracy!  Omigod I'm starting to drool...

Yes, that's what I thought about.A little crazy,but will be very cool.We can choose to hire a sottish sailor or a wild female private.Several great battle with different sea monster, Octopus,Archelon,we need to beat them on the deck within limited time(before they sink our ship). A little more, a huge vortex lead to a deepsea city?a ghost ship encounter?