What do you want to see in expansions(DLCs)

What do you want to see in expansions(DLCs)  

140 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see in expansions(DLCs)

• Monk companion
    • Rouge companion
    • Barbarian companion
    • A rich storyine base on stronghold system
    • Third big city
    • adventure in White March
    • Buy ship and set sail

In consideration of the great success of POE,I think it could be the best RPG platform for hundreds times of replaying and modifing within

next 5-10 years,just like BG2.But before that, it still need to be consummated and enhanced by expansions(DLCs).And as POE is good enough

for me,I won't pay too more attention on POE2.For now, the expansion design is the thing I most insterested in.

So let's discuss about it a little more.For my poor English,I can't browse all the posts before.I just say a few of my own ideas

here.Maybe you have the same idea like me.if so, just vote it:)

1. Of course, more companions are always desired.I'm not sure will there be another 8 new companions waiting for me,but at least 3 new

companions is a must,to fill the 11 class slots.

2.The stronghold system is a brilliant design in POE.But because of the lack of storyline,if become a little redundant in the game.So a

new storyline base on the stronghold system,processing during the stronghold building, will be very helpful.More NPC interaction,more

stories and quests about the hireling,more boss with unique stories in stronghold defending battles.Just make the stronghold as a rich role-

playing content.

3.The third big city! Including two big cities,POE did a better job than a lot of RPGs on world building .Although the Twin Elms had much

less content than Defiance Bay.If they add a third big city which have more content than Twin Elms,the game will be amazing as another

Baldur's Gate Big World Project!

4.If you miss the adventure in Icewind Dale,it would be a good idea to explore the world behind White March.Sleep in the ropey inn in Cold

Morn,start climbing in the dark morn.Pass the stalwart coverd by ice and snow,avoid the huge wurms under the snow,finally reach Fort

Bonepicker and face the threaten from darkness outside the fort.

5.We had a good expansion in BG1 which sent us into the sea and explored a mystery island.That was a fun memory for me.Why can't we

set sail again in POE?To buy a big ship with my treasure in Defiance Bay or Ozia, hire my sailors, cross the Grace of Ciamena,beat the sea

monsters,explore the Palmivia,Spirento,and some nameless small islands,discover those secrets on them.That would be an interesting

journey.Also, it could be a good transition to POE2, finally landing at the new land to start another great long adventure.

IMO,only two expansions obviously not enough.At least 3-4 big expansions is needed to make POE a epic saga.So just put all your

resource on the expansions now please!

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

Party A.I.

A "custom difficulty" screen that allows me to remove the camping limit entirely while keeping the other difficulty settings.

A PROPER monolithic dungeon like Durlag's Tower or Watcher's Keep. (They can just scrap the Endless Paths and replace it entirely - it is so much filler.)

Party banter.

Rogue Companion.

More story (and more to do ^^) with the stronghold would be nice too.

Then i'm a little torn.

3rd Big city would be nice (but this time please a really really really big city like Athkatla in Bg2 ^^, dunno but Defiance Bay, although a really nice and good start,

seems to be a little bit small), but also to set sail to another continent.

• Like 1

Where's the 'none of the above' option?

Sorry,forgot that option.It seems I can't edit my post now.

If you want to choice "none of the above".I wish you could spend a few seconds to write what you want in hte expansion. :yes:

Rogue Companion.

More story (and more to do ^^) with the stronghold would be nice too.

Then i'm a little torn.

3rd Big city would be nice (but this time please a really really really big city like Athkatla in Bg2 ^^, dunno but Defiance Bay, although a really nice and good start,

seems to be a little bit small), but also to set sail to another continent.

If they can add another city as rich as Befiance Bay,I will be willing to pay $50 to buy the expansion~

Party A.I.

A "custom difficulty" screen that allows me to remove the camping limit entirely while keeping the other difficulty settings.

A PROPER monolithic dungeon like Durlag's Tower or Watcher's Keep. (They can just scrap the Endless Paths and replace it entirely - it is so much filler.)

Party banter.

Only agree with the paty banter.

Monk companion, for the simple reason that monks feel completely ignored by the lore of the game.

Storyline based on the stronghold system. I actually think Od Nua was handled quite well, and I'd like to see more of that.

Yes,the story background of Od Nua was very cool.But I don't think it can be called a storyline.For the stronghold,I wish to see much more NPCs,dialougues,quests,stories,and all of them could be well organized to be a rich storyline.

All the yes to the rouge companion. My aristocratic PC need a make-up assistant to follow him/her around on the adventures had in PoE. You never know who you met on these sort of travels afterall. ;)

Hmm... now i want to make a Hercule Poirot character.

Edited by PhantomEidolon
  • Like 3

You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin

:cat:

I guess I just want more of the same, though a monk companion and stronghold expansion (but not the mq) are good. Stronghold needs some loving. Love big cities but somehow not that sure it works fine for an expansion than more explorable areas with some smaller villages and camps.

Oh, and what I would like for them to do some minor touchups to the old areas with the x-pack aswell. So it's not just all 'new stuff' if doing the x-pack maps but can replay the whole game again and get some surprises. I suppose stronghold expansions would already count for this, but something more would be nice :)

• Like 3

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Rogue, Barbarian: I'm literally curious to know their possible background, I'm loving so far all the bg of the companions

Then, I know I'm going a little off the purpose of the poll but the question seems to me more open:

Mystify the dragons, too many dragons in the base campaign.

CzSyX91.jpg

I guess I just want more of the same, though a monk companion and stronghold expansion (but not the mq) are good. Stronghold needs some loving. Love big cities but somehow not that sure it works fine for an expansion than more explorable areas with some smaller villages and camps.

Oh, and what I would like for them to do some minor touchups to the old areas with the x-pack aswell. So it's not just all 'new stuff' if doing the x-pack maps but can replay the whole game again and get some surprises. I suppose stronghold expansions would already count for this, but something more would be nice :)

Yes,I always think the style like ToSC is the best way to make expansion. We can freely travel between new areas and original areas.The orginal areas will be enhanced.We can take old companions to new adventure and take new companions to original adventure.It will be fair to both old players and new players.This kind of old school expansion will be hard to design,but it's coolest.

Voted for Strongehold, it´s the most interesting for me in terms of an RPG element. Also, i would like have a bit more party banter and them reacting to your choices, even if it means losing them. Make them persons and not just companions. ;)

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

I don't know about buy a ship and set sail, but I want to see the Deadfire Archipelago. That region sounds fascinating, and terrifying.

Yes,Deadfire Archipelago had a terrifying background.To exploring this area,our adventurers need to buy a huge ship~

two new companions (monk and rogue ?), reach lvl 15 by the end of the DLC, medium sized city (why not an underground city inside white marsh ?) + a few new area (4 ?) + one big dungeon (5+ levels, big big boss). stronghold war agains another lord. i'll give 20+ bucks for that :yes: .