Should discussion about The Poem be ... censored?

Should mods start nuking posts about THAT issue?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Should posts about The Poem be nuked?

• Yes, its over now, and its ruining discussion on the forum
    • No. Fight the good fight. This is worthy of months of discussion yet!
    • Create a dedicated thread for them to duke it out until they are exhausted

Its had its run but in my opinion, discussion about the Poem is derailing lots of threads daily and making this a lesser place to be. I'm personally thinking about giving up on obsidian.net and sticking with reddit for PoE stuff, which is a shame because there are some very high quality posts about the game being occluded by all this crap.

Surely its over by now? Maybe we have just one thread where the Poem Warriors can duke it out until the end of time?

Note: The irony of censoring this discussion does not escape me, but surely its been discussed to death and doesn't need to be in every damn thread   :(

Edited by Hogfather
  • Like 1

Don't like it ignore it.   It'll die down always does.  I was into arguing it too. Now, I  don't nearly as much. Eventually, it'll just a memory.

• Like 5

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

For the benefit for those few that honestly may not have heard of the situation yet it goes like this...

A kickstarter included a poem as one of the backer gravesites. A person on twitter found it to be offensive and tweeted Sawyer about it in addition to blowing twitter up. The devs talked to said kickstarter and the discussion ended with the kickstarter writing a new poem. The devs then replaced said poem but for whatever reason did not include it in the patch notes.  

The original Poem read;

Here lies Firedorn, a hero in bed.

He once was alive, but now he's dead.

The last woman he bedded, turned out a man

And crying in shame, off a cliff he ran.

And the new one reads;

Here lies Firedorn, a bard, a poet

He was also a card, but most didn't know it

A poem he wrote in jest was misread

They asked for blood, so now he's just dead 

There, hopefully I managed to avoid my own bias in relaying the situation.

• Like 2

I was appalled by the revised one actually. First one didn't bother me so much but "death to all she-males!", really? A bit over the top imho, but it's their game. 

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

Oh, look, another thread.

Seriously though, if anything should be locked, it's useless polls. People will talk about what people want to talk about, and I hope that the forums remain open in that regard, always, and do not attack or ban specific subjects in some mistaken attempt to calm things down.

• Like 4

t50aJUd.jpg

Censored? No, but maybe we could start transferring them to another forum and we talk about things having to do with the game here.

Oh, concentration camps, now? Seriously?

Oh, we're not censoring anything, we're not the thought police or anything, we're just relocating the undesirables.

• Like 3

t50aJUd.jpg

Censored? No, but maybe we could start transferring them to another forum and we talk about things having to do with the game here.

Oh, we're not censoring anything, we're not the thought police or anything, we're just relocating the undesirables.

Um yes that is the whole point of having separate forums in the first place. Basically every single forum in the world with topics is Nazis. But then everything is Nazis. Every single President we elect turns out to be Hitler. Just how it goes. You will be a good Swede and sell them ball bearings.

In any case, culture wars are not what this forum is about.

• Like 1

I like to think OP is really that adorably naive and had this big happy "what could go wrong? :) " smile across his face when making this thread.

• Like 5

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I was appalled by the revised one actually. First one didn't bother me so much but "death to all she-males!", really? A bit over the top imho, but it's their game. 

Umm .... really? You do realize that I just posted both poems so outright lying about the content doesn't really work ... right?

I like to think OP is really that adorably naive and had this big happy "what could go wrong? :) " smile across his face when making this thread.

As much as that mental image pleases me I can't quite bring myself to believe it.

Umm .... really? You do realize that I just posted both poems so outright lying about the content doesn't really work ... right?

Joke fails if smiley is not included.. for some... 

Edited by KingNee
  • Like 1

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

Um yes that is the whole point of having separate forums in the first place. Basically every single forum in the world with topics is Nazis. But then everything is Nazis. Every single President we elect turns out to be Hitler. Just how it goes. You will be a good Swede and sell them ball bearings.

In any case, culture wars are not what this forum is about.

And rocks. Let's not forget rocks.

Copious amounts of undelivered rock.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg